Sponsored

Rear Seat Delete... holy high priced mat batman....

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Soooo, I just noticed LMR lists the M-6346612-GT kit as for 2018 and up. And @LethalPerformance has this statement;

I can't imagine what the difference. would be. Gotta be something minor, if anything??

*NOT for use with 2015-2017 or 2021+ models.
Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Soooo, I just noticed LMR lists the M-6346612-GT kit as for 2018 and up. And @LethalPerformance has this statement;

I can't imagine what the difference. would be. Gotta be something minor, if anything??

That's interesting. Several places list that it will work up to 2023 (including Steeda and AM). Maybe @LethalPerformance can tell us what the differences are?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Contacted Lethal. They had no answer and said the same thing all of us probably say; no reason it shouldn’t work as they’re all identical.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Hour of my time & 30 bucks in material.. made my own.
Wet the board placed it in the back of the car, weights to contour
the desired shape, let it dry, held the shape, 3m glue spray for the
black cloth, boom, done.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
That's interesting. Several places list that it will work up to 2023 (including Steeda and AM). Maybe @LethalPerformance can tell us what the differences are?
I don't believe Ford Performance has updated the listing yet which is why most of the others online companies haven't updated it as well. The 18-23 as far s interior goes should all be the same so we will be updating our site for this product today to list it as 2018-2023.

Thanks!

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hour of my time & 30 bucks in material.. made my own.
Wet the board placed it in the back of the car, weights to contour
the desired shape, let it dry, held the shape, 3m glue spray for the
black cloth, boom, done.
What type of board are you using?

I don't believe Ford Performance has updated the listing yet which is why most of the others online companies haven't updated it as well. The 18-23 as far s interior goes should all be the same so we will be updating our site for this product today to list it as 2018-2023.

Thanks!
Good to know. I know there are some minor differences like 21's didn't have a rear seat belt sensor but 22+ do. I ordered my car with RSD so I wouldn't have to worry about those but might grab a spare when I install a 4 point roll bar.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

It fits the 15-17 cars just fine. I installed one in my '16 a while back and didn't notice a single issue. Full send.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
On the Ford kit, what did you guys do to get that wellnut/rivnut thing on the bottom center tightened down?

*nvm…I got it.

Last edited:

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yeah...wow. The Ford kit is the only way to go. Having seen other brands and even currently owning a car with another brand, this is the way to go. Looks, factory fit and finish, spend the money!

Only I did different with my install is I retained the factory cargo shelf instead of installing the one that came in the kit. I simply had to create two holes in the front of the shlef to access the bolt holes for the two top shelf bolts. The cargo shelf that came in my kit did not have the the quality of the one in the car. The carpeting on the kit one was unevenly matted down and just didn't look as good. But over all....

And can confirm what @NightmareMoon said...zero difference pre '18. Don't know why this kit has that statement.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah...wow. The Ford kit is the only way to go. Having seen other brands and even currently owning a car with another brand, this is the way to go. Looks, factory fit and finish, spend the money!

Only I did different with my install is I retained the factory cargo shelf instead of installing the one that came in the kit. I simply had to create two holes in the front of the shlef to access the bolt holes for the two top shelf bolts. The cargo shelf that came in my kit did not have the the quality of the one in the car. The carpeting on the kit one was unevenly matted down and just didn't look as good. But over all....

And can confirm what @NightmareMoon said...zero difference pre '18. Don't know why this kit has that statement.
Which kit did you end up with? I'm torn since my plan is to install a 4 point roll bar and I'm not sure I want to cut up my factory one.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
The Ford kit (will find/send part number later) is the same as the factory one. I’ll be cutting mine for the roll bar. It is what it is.
Sponsored