Sponsored

GT350 Recaro Seat Modification for Tall Drivers?

Ausmurry

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Auston
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2008 Ford Crown Victoria
Hello, I have a track day coming up in December, im 6'3" but with a very tall torso, and in my comfortable position for racing with a helmet on, my head will hit the roof even with the seat all the way down.

Has anyone either modified, or swapped the rails to be able to sit lower? I was possibly looking at some companies that make seat rails that could possibly get me just a tiny bit lower.

Thanks for any info!
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Hello, I have a track day coming up in December, im 6'3" but with a very tall torso, and in my comfortable position for racing with a helmet on, my head will hit the roof even with the seat all the way down.

Has anyone either modified, or swapped the rails to be able to sit lower? I was possibly looking at some companies that make seat rails that could possibly get me just a tiny bit lower.

Thanks for any info!
I’m 6’4” and had the same concern, so I took my car with me to the Simpson store to make sure I got a helmet that fit in the car. Of the 8 helmets I tried, only two has adequate clearance.

You could also try reclining the seat very slightly which will give you a little more headroom.

Best of luck!

Hawkeye1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, Tesla Mdl X, 911 GT3, V90, 911S, Z4

Thanks for any info!
+1!!

I'm also 6'3", and have the comfort seats. I've looked around for solutions to lower the seat height and found nothing. I would love to find someone who has successfully addressed this. I went to the track earlier this year and had to recline the seat unnaturally to wear a helmet.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
My method worked perfectly, and required no vehicle modification...
Have shorter parents... I'm only 5'-9"

SHORT-PERSON DISCLAIMER
I'm actually 5'-8 1/2", but most of us shorter folks round up
Is there a mod for this? Asking for a friend…..

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Is there a mod for this? Asking for a friend…..
Yes there is a mod for this.

You are going to need a DeLorean and quite a significant bit of non-OEM parts, or a friend with a Ph.D. and crazy hair who happens to be in a local DeLorean car club.

Once you achieve your destination, find a midget (Insert Politically Correct Term) and introduce the shorter of your Would-Be parents to the new little friend you just found.

It's not easy, but it may be easier than trying to lower your seat rails!
Sponsored