Sponsored

Driver door rattle fix?

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
I recently started hearing this constant clicking/rattling coming from the circled area in the picture below.
I'm not 100% sure this is the specific area but when I press on the part marked with the arrow it produces a rattle or clicking noise of something loose.
Is there something inside that area that's known to be loose or cause interior noise? If there's a fix to this a thorough step by step of removing the door panel would be helpful. The last thing I want to do is break something while taking apart the door or make the rattle worse.

door pic.jpg
Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Here's a view of the underparts. That area has a black box with some wires, my guess is something needs tightened up or padded under there to stop your rattle.

IMG_3018.jpeg

OP
OP
Albertcado

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Here's a view of the underparts. That area has a black box with some wires, my guess is something needs tightened up or padded under there to stop your rattle.

IMG_3018.jpeg
omg if this turns out to fix my rattle you are goated. do you have any tips on safely removing the panel without breaking any clips or pins and what else I should be tightening/padding up?

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
omg if this turns out to fix my rattle you are goated. do you have any tips on safely removing the panel without breaking any clips or pins and what else I should be tightening/padding up?
go on YouTube and search remove s550 door panel. I used the video posted by LAte model restoration.

I suggest getting yourself a cheap set of trim removal tools. Plastic prybars is what they are in various sizes - best way to remove trim pieces without damaging things.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Was it tricky to remove the panel?
Easy to do with the right basic tools. Trim removal kit and 7 and 10mm sockets.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

IMG_3018.jpeg
Place felt tape under any harness or object that is coming in contact with the door shell (as seen in the above image). Also, check the back side of the door panel itself and make sure nothing on it is rattling.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Well add me to the list. Ever since upgrading my suspension (FP struts and Steeda min drop springs), I've got all the rattles now despite having installed sound deadening and butyl rubber between anything that moved in the doors and all over the back half of the car. The most annoying one is the defroster vent because it's right in my face. The whole thing rattles all the way across. Temporary solution for now... turn up the stereo. The thought of opening everything back up to hunt these annoyances down just pisses me off.

OP
OP
Albertcado

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd

IMG_3018.jpeg
Do you by chance know what that black box with the wires is?

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Do you by chance know what that black box with the wires is?
I do not know the specific name. It is part of the wiring kit for the door (if you look up driver door wiring kit it is attached to that whole thing).

Sponsored
OP
OP
Albertcado

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
I do not know the specific name. It is part of the wiring kit for the door (if you look up driver door wiring kit it is attached to that whole thing).
thanks! Can you tell me the shape/size of the socket I need to loosen the bolts on the bottom of the door panel and the one inside the door handle?

OP
OP
Albertcado

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Well add me to the list. Ever since upgrading my suspension (FP struts and Steeda min drop springs), I've got all the rattles now despite having installed sound deadening and butyl rubber between anything that moved in the doors and all over the back half of the car. The most annoying one is the defroster vent because it's right in my face. The whole thing rattles all the way across. Temporary solution for now... turn up the stereo. The thought of opening everything back up to hunt these annoyances down just pisses me off.
I hear ya.. if the rattles weren't so bad I would love this car so much more.

DeerLick

Blehhhhhh.....
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red GT Premium PP1
was there ever a solution for this? my door is quite noisy when i have the music turned up as well... it's quite frustrating

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
I have a small rattle here as well near that box. I just whack it and usually it stops. What exactly is that box?
Sponsored