Sponsored

Drive Modes Enabled!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve tried accessing that google doc but it says that “the file I have requested has been deleted”. I can’t access it. Idk if this is an issue on my part or if anyone else is experiencing this issue.
yup it's gone. I sure hope somebody has a backup copy.
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve tried accessing that google doc but it says that “the file I have requested has been deleted”. I can’t access it. Idk if this is an issue on my part or if anyone else is experiencing this issue.
I didn't know there was an issue. I was able to access it when I did mine. I'll see if I still have it on my computer.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I uploaded the Excel file to this post.

Attachments

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
manual trans have no line lock. ok a '19 GTPP 300A trims doesn't have line lock... Mine is grayed out.
A recent sync3 upgrade (to 3.4) has sorta enabled the feature. Except it doesn't actually work. I can select it, go thru the init routine, push hard on the brake meter, get the countdown timer which starts counting immediately (doesn't wait for an OK), displays 'OK' to start (tried also without hitting OK) and step off the brake and add some power and car rolls forward. If I do hit the 'OK' button I don't get an 'engaged' notice I get a "Line lock is not available. See owners manual" dialog box instead.

So it seems there are several different firmwares out there with inconsistent programming.

17gt_charlotte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
A recent sync3 upgrade (to 3.4) has sorta enabled the feature. Except it doesn't actually work. I can select it, go thru the init routine, push hard on the brake meter, get the countdown timer which starts counting immediately (doesn't wait for an OK), displays 'OK' to start (tried also without hitting OK) and step off the brake and add some power and car rolls forward. If I do hit the 'OK' button I don't get an 'engaged' notice I get a "Line lock is not available. See owners manual" dialog box instead.

So it seems there are several different firmwares out there with inconsistent programming.
When I first tried using line lock, I also had this error message. There’s a few things you have to do to make line lock work. First, make sure the emergency brake is not set. Then turn off traction control. Put it in first gear (idk about automatic) go through the menu and it should activate. If not, I know that if you’re not on a completely flat surface, it will come up with that error code. I think it will also result in this error code if you do too many line locks in a short amount of time. And finally, and I’m not sure if this will affect the initial startup and will cancel the linelock, but make sure your steering wheel is centered. I did a burnout one time with linelock and the car started shifting towards the side so I turned the wheel just a little bit and it took me out of line lock and cut the power. Good luck in trying to enable it, I really hope it’s not something Ford took out of the 2019’s...

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve recently done my sync 3 swap. I have tried activating the drive modes using the values mentioned on this thread, with varying success. I had them enabled, but it also showed my miles to empty at 999, and I believe it also grayed out my line lock. Then I switched the values, and it corrected the miles to empty but now it doesn’t even show line lock or launch control. So, can anyone help me find the values for a 2017 Mustang GT non-performance pack with a manual trans? Thank y’all very much.
The values mentioned at the start of this thread are for the V6. For your GT non-PP, use

ABS module: 760-02-02: xxxx 3xxx
IPC Module: 720-06-01: xxxx xxxx x8xx

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Those are correct values for a 2015 V6
I am upgrading to the Sync3. I know this thread is old. But, I am curious..

If you still have the car, can you tell me if Boost /Vacuum Gauge are available in the dash after changing these values? I am Procharged and currently have the boost/vacuum gauge enabled. I’d like to keep it. My car is a 2017 and only came with the vacuum gauge enabled.

Thanks.

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Got my answer. I got my Sync3 from Infotainment.com. Upon install, all drive modes work! Loving it. Sport+ is the shit.

thirdoptik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack
Got my answer. I got my Sync3 from Infotainment.com. Upon install, all drive modes work! Loving it. Sport+ is the shit.
I have an 18 PP1 with Sync 1. I have a tesla screen. I want the modes activated on mine. But are you saying tahy you didn't have drive modes until you swapped in the Sync 3 Infotainment unit and bezel?

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I have an 18 PP1 with Sync 1. I have a tesla screen. I want the modes activated on mine. But are you saying tahy you didn't have drive modes until you swapped in the Sync 3 Infotainment unit and bezel?
you should be able to get the drive modes with the Tesla screen, as long as it has the toggle switches.

Sponsored

thirdoptik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you should be able to get the drive modes with the Tesla screen, as long as it has the toggle switches.
[/QUOTE
How do I get my hands on forscan or someone who knows it? Also are the codes for drive modes the same on all s550 Mustangs?

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
How do I get my hands on forscan or someone who knows it? Also are the codes for drive modes the same on all s550 Mustangs?
here’s the link. You can get. Temporary license for free.It tells you what OBD2 cable to get. for the codes, scroll up.

https://forscan.org/home.html

IbanezRG7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost PP
Ive been searching high and low for an answer to what I believe to be a unique issue, possibly needing some Forscan values tweaked which I am not the most proficient in. I have a 2018 Base Ecoboost with Performance Package, I installed the Sync 3 via sourced parts and used the drop down boxes within Forscan to successfully enable the drive modes. It worked perfect for a year but I had a wheel sensor crap out, but before the dealer figured that out, they also replaced the ABS module. That issue has since been fixed, but now I am left with only the ability to select Normal and Dragstrip modes. It shows Sport+, Track, and Rain/Snow modes but will say "Drive mode selection not available" if I try to use them. Ive never messed with any coding other than using the drop down menus to enable or disable things, but I see nothing that stands out as obvious to try. Any ideas?

thirdoptik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The mode button will still change throttle response and adjust stability control with a manual trans. And from what I have heard, the Tesla unit mode toggle does actually work so you can use that as a way to get your 4th toggle.
This is what I needed to know. How can I get the modes activated?
Sponsored