fiveliter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost, 2003 Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone with a base model Ecoboost Mustang, who has enabled driving modes and has the orange helmet for race mode, please post their configuration numbers for the IPC. I’d like to compare their config to mine. Obviously I can’t use my as-built configuration from the factory since my car did not have driving modes from factory.

Thanks
Sponsored

fiveliter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost, 2003 Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
All of my cluster symbols related to the Drive Mode, Steering, or Traction Control settings are orange/yellow. I wonder if it’s a firmware difference.
I think you might be right. I temporarily installed my stock gauge cluster today and the helmet and S+ were orange. I checked every module on Forscan and couldn't find any differences between the two gauge clusters. Yet my stock cluster shows driving and steering modes in orange while the mycolor cluster shows the modes in white.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
It is a firmware difference. I believe the 15-16s had a different firmware revision then 17 clusters. Nothing to be worried about.

Ramn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6, 2007 Ninja ZX-6R
Is there a way to change the default mode for startup? It's become a habit already but want it to just stay on Sport +.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a way to change the default mode for startup? It's become a habit already but want it to just stay on Sport +.
Negative

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I did my Sync 3 swap a couple weeks ago but finally enabled the drive modes today. Pretty cool! One thing I never liked about the "S" position with the shifter is how the transmission doesn't upshift and continues to rev the engine when you let off the gas. I was hoping Sport+ mode with the toggle while in "D" would be less abrupt than being in "S". It seems to be a little less extreme (based on one short drive), but I need to play with it some more to be sure.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I did my Sync 3 swap a couple weeks ago but finally enabled the drive modes today. Pretty cool! One thing I never liked about the "S" position with the shifter is how the transmission doesn't upshift and continues to rev the engine when you let off the gas. I was hoping Sport+ mode with the toggle while in "D" would be less abrupt than being in "S". It seems to be a little less extreme (based on one short drive), but I need to play with it some more to be sure.
Might be an issue for you with that it turns off traction control, but I love the way Track feels. Much smoother than Sport ever was to me so I almost always skip right over Sport+ straight to it.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Might be an issue for you with that it turns off traction control, but I love the way Track feels. Much smoother than Sport ever was to me so I almost always skip right over Sport+ straight to it.
Good to know! I need to try track. Turning off traction control isn't an issue for me unless the road is wet.

Thepanda76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Panda
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost
Would this void warranty on the auto transmission and engine? I just got my brand new 19 Stang. I want to do this and also Sync 3 swap but I don’t want to risk losing warranties

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Would this void warranty on the auto transmission and engine? I just got my brand new 19 Stang. I want to do this and also Sync 3 swap but I don’t want to risk losing warranties
There's no logical reason why it would. The feature is engineered into base models already. The upgrade just provides a way to control it. And drive modes don't harm engines or transmissions in the premium models.

Sponsored

17gt_charlotte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’ve recently done my sync 3 swap. I have tried activating the drive modes using the values mentioned on this thread, with varying success. I had them enabled, but it also showed my miles to empty at 999, and I believe it also grayed out my line lock. Then I switched the values, and it corrected the miles to empty but now it doesn’t even show line lock or launch control. So, can anyone help me find the values for a 2017 Mustang GT non-performance pack with a manual trans? Thank y’all very much.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
manual trans have no line lock. ok a '19 GTPP 300A trims doesn't have line lock... Mine is grayed out.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve recently done my sync 3 swap. I have tried activating the drive modes using the values mentioned on this thread, with varying success. I had them enabled, but it also showed my miles to empty at 999, and I believe it also grayed out my line lock. Then I switched the values, and it corrected the miles to empty but now it doesn’t even show line lock or launch control. So, can anyone help me find the values for a 2017 Mustang GT non-performance pack with a manual trans? Thank y’all very much.
Use the info in the spreadsheet in this thread.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/forscan-codes-s550-mustangs.98260/

17gt_charlotte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT