neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I can't find anything showing if these drive modes are available in the V6... Many reviews list that drive feel is much better in sport mode. (Tighter steering, etc).

Does anyone know? Is there a comprehensive list showing what the V6 is missing when compared to a standard EB? All I know of is satellite radio is not present, and rear diffuser different color/not present.
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Only available on premium models with the center stack containing the rocker switches.

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
Drive modes are not available on V6 but the steering adjust is (you can put the steering in sport mode to have tighter steering).

66coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Only available on premium models with the center stack containing the rocker switches.
It's disappointing you can't at least get the snow driving mode for those of us that want it as a daily driver.

The GT isn't practical for me, and I prefer the v6 to the EB. At times Ford seems determined to either up-sell the v6 fans to the EB, or drive us to another car maker. :rant:

OK, I feel better now. I need to get that out every once in a while.

OP
OP
neodark

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
That sucks, at least the steering sensitivity can be tweaked.

Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Reading reviews. The V6 is getting NO love, but I bet it'll smoke that ecoboost.
The Base V6 Convertible is going to get a lot of love especially when it looks and performs as well as its Premium EB 2.3 I4 Premium Convertible sibling thats costing almost 7K more because it has a few extra added on trim options. That 7 grand is almost half the first years depreciation.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
It's disappointing you can't at least get the snow driving mode for those of us that want it as a daily driver.
I've been running dedicated SNOW TIRES on my year-round-DD Mustangs since 1998. My 1998 & 2004 V6 Mustangs did not have ABS or Traction Control and they were both manual trans with added Traction-Lok differentials.

My 2011 V6 now has ABS, Stability Control, Traction Control, & Traction-Loc Diff as std. (as well as manual trans). I've got Michelin X-Ice Snows on it (215/65-17 size) and the extra electronic nannies make a huge difference in winter driving.

As much as I'd like the adjustable driving modes in a base model V6 or EB (which is what i will likely be buying in Spring 2015 or 2016), I don't think the "Snow Driving Mode" will make that huge of a difference.

The most important thing is dedicated WINTER TIRES on all 4 corners !! No amount of electronic nannies are going to make even the best "All-Season" tires STOP & TURN a vehicle on snow or ice like a good set of WINTER tires can.

FWD, 4WD, AWD are better than RWD when trying to get moving in snow/ice conditions, but the playing field is equal when it is time to try and STOP and/or TURN ... only winter tires on all 4 corners can make a difference here, and it is a HUGE difference !!

Doug

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
The Base V6 Convertible is going to get a lot of love especially when it looks and performs as well as its Premium EB 2.3 I4 Premium Convertible sibling thats costing almost 7K more because it has a few extra added on trim options. That 7 grand is almost half the first years depreciation.
What car are you driving that depreciates $14K in the first year?

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport

The GT isn't practical for me, and I prefer the v6 to the EB. At times Ford seems determined to either up-sell the v6 fans to the EB, or drive us to another car maker. :rant:

OK, I feel better now. I need to get that out every once in a while.
They are definitely doing this for CAFE, even the sales people know it.

I mean we can hope that the 2016 will have a V6 premium but I highly doubt it.

If I knew I could buy the track modes after market from Ford and My Ford Touch and the heated/leather seats, I'd just buy the V6 and then have them install them.

Sponsored

E.jaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB V6 AT51a 3.55 ... Bullitt ordered
I'm sure the drive modes (inc. snow) are available for the V6.
I bet the wiring is already there, behind the center console.
Just missing the switch.

Could anyone from Ford bring more data? A wiring diagram maybe?

Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
I'm sure the drive modes (inc. snow) are available for the V6.
I bet the wiring is already there, behind the center console.
Just missing the switch.

Could anyone from Ford bring more data? A wiring diagram maybe?
It's possible that there are starter wires behind the console like the "unknown" one under the hood - drivers side. I wonder if they would have removed/disabled the features in the PCM though (maybe a tune could unlock?). Seems like it might be more difficult than it's worth on base models not to mention switch placement.

Max57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 1957 Chevy BelAir
I was very surprised when I saw that they didn't offer a Premium model for the V6. If they did, that's the engine that I would've chosen. As it stands now, I'm going for the Ecoboost Premium,,,.

E.jaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB V6 AT51a 3.55 ... Bullitt ordered
It's possible that there are starter wires behind the console like the "unknown" one under the hood - drivers side. I wonder if they would have removed/disabled the features in the PCM though (maybe a tune could unlock?). Seems like it might be more difficult than it's worth on base models not to mention switch placement.
We will have to wait for the wiring diagrams.

For me it sounds like a sales strategy.... because of this many buyers will go for the PP on the GT or EB... as Max57 I guess

I'm used to see these things on European cars (I come from Spain) and is easy to upgrade a car just by plugging parts into the existing wiring and activating.

In any case.... my first experience with a Mustang and I love the V6.
Sponsored