Drag Racing Suspension Question.

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Recently gotten to the point of a bolt on car horsepower range on my 2020 401A PP1 car w/magnaride. So 480-500ish WHP. I’m not going boost any time soon, and I’m looking for some answers. I run Mickey ET street Rs somewhere around the 16-17psi range, I’ve got vertical links and cradle lockouts. The car spins on marginal track surfaces at anything above a 1500rpm launch. I’d like to get into the lower 1.6s 60ft range without having to require radial prep. My only issue that throws a wrench into things is I cannot lower the car any further than stock magnaride height as my driveway won’t allow for it.

Best the car has ever went is a 1.71 60ft with less HP than current.
Any tips, part suggestions, etc are greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Lowering isn't going to help, and would probably hurt. Lowering the CG means less rearward load transfer under acceleration = less instantaneous rear tire load = a bit less launch bite.

If there are any instant center/anti-squat modifications available for the S550, I am not aware of them.

Norm

OP
OP
rabid_josh

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Lowering isn't going to help, and would probably hurt. Lowering the CG means less rearward load transfer under acceleration = less instantaneous rear tire load = a bit less launch bite.

If there are any instant center/anti-squat modifications available for the S550, I am not aware of them.

Norm
I am not lowering the car. We are keeping the same ride height. I already know travel is your friend.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Anti-squat is your friend here, not suspension squat.

Squat is not load transfer per se; it's only the visible evidence of rearward load transfer happening against a rear suspension that is neither rigid (and can't move) nor geometrically arranged to eliminate all or most of the squat.

Norm

OP
OP
rabid_josh

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Anti-squat is your friend here, not suspension squat.

Squat is not load transfer per se; it's only the visible evidence of rearward load transfer happening against a rear suspension that is neither rigid (and can't move) nor geometrically arranged to eliminate all or most of the squat.

Norm
Honestly the stock suspension appears to transfer fairly well. Its just not functioning now well enough, and this is seemingly the next potential step
Sponsored