1000rwhp+ drag suspension

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Hello,

Am going to have to start thinking about switching up some of my suspension to align to the recent MPR built/sleeved motor and LPF twin 62 kit.

I started off originally with the Eibach pro kit with OEM PP shocks/struts and the car was bouncy and overall just sucked. I replaced the rear shocks with a Viking set and the car road better, but was plagued with squeaking. I sent them back to Viking and they revised them, but they still squeaked very loud. I literally ended up throwing them in the trash.

From there I switched to ST coilovers and I love how the car feels with them, but I fully understand they aren't really made for drag racing. My car currently has,

• ST coilovers
  • Maximym Motorspots caster/camber plates
  • Steeda IRS subframe brace
  • BMR vertical links
  • BMR differential bushings - BK049 (not installed)
  • BMR cradle bushings - BK047 (not installed)

Based on BMR's 1.2 60 ft recipe I need to get the bushings I have installed and migrate away from the coilovers into BMR drag springs(SP089 and SP088), utilizing OEM front struts and Viking Crusader rear shocks.

• How is the ride with this setup? Bouncy on the street?
  • Would running Koni in the front help at all or not necessary?
  • Anyone having noise issues with the Viking Crusaders?
  • Is anything else a must have?

Thanks,
Brien
Sponsored

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
Hello,

Am going to have to start thinking about switching up some of my suspension to align to the recent MPR built/sleeved motor and LPF twin 62 kit.

I started off originally with the Eibach pro kit with OEM PP shocks/struts and the car was bouncy and overall just sucked. I replaced the rear shocks with a Viking set and the car road better, but was plagued with squeaking. I sent them back to Viking and they revised them, but they still squeaked very loud. I literally ended up throwing them in the trash.

From there I switched to ST coilovers and I love how the car feels with them, but I fully understand they aren't really made for drag racing. My car currently has,

• ST coilovers
  • BMR vertical links

Based on BMR's 1.2 60 ft recipe I need to get the bushings I have installed and migrate away from the coilovers into BMR drag springs(SP089 and SP088), utilizing OEM front struts and Viking Crusader rear shocks.

Thanks,
Brien
I have ran Viking shocks for awhile with no issues at all. I know some people lube the cylinder to try and combat any NVH, but I never experienced any. BMR drag setup is fantastic. Combining that with lockouts, links, and the rest of the BMR catalog will set you up for a great 60'. Which transmission are you running? What all did you do for the rearend? Drop me a message and we can talk in more depth!

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Hello,

• ST coilovers
  • BMR vertical links

Thanks,
Brien
Brien,

First and foremost, I do not like the idea of the Poly bushings you have and 1000+hp and drag racing.

IMO, those full poly bushing set ups are better off for the corner carvers.

I would replace them with this:

CB005 Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit
BK051 Poly Diff Lockout Kit
RH017 Hardware Upgrade

:::OR:::

BK048 Delrin Cradle Bushings
BK050 Billet Diff Bushings

The latter being the absolute BEST combination. The CB005 and BK051 combo I mentioned will get the job done, though, no doubt. I like those because they are MUCH easier to install and IF they do not meet your expectations, you then can resort to upgrading with a full permanent bushing solution.

The SP089 Front and SP088 Rear springs are the ticket. They are proven BY FAR more than any other combination of springs for the S550 chassis in both drag and standing mile performances.

With those, I would suggest acquiring a new set of the Viking B358AM shocks. The noises you had seem to be hit or miss....I personally have never experienced it with over 30K miles of use on them on several vehicles. Two of my own, and a few here at BMR. THAT SAID...I am upgrading to their new design shocks that have an incorporated upper shock mount....so maybe call them and ask them about the kit that "Kelly at BMR has" :thumbsup:

For the fronts, you can just use the Konis at full loose. Stock struts can work too. It doesnt really matter, we can make it work with whatever you choose.

I highly recommend following the 1.2 recipe. It just simply works. :cheers:

OP
OP
isedawishy

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Thanks guys. I will check out your recommendations.

Mine were the basic Vikings and I don't think I've heard anything about the Crusaders having the issue.

The hardware kit needed on the latter recommendation?

Edit: I have a performance pack that's been converted to 6r80 utilizing a Circle D 258mm 2B.
Sponsored