Which Downpipe would you buy?!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EcoBlue68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Impact Blue Ecoboost
Lets try to use each other as much as possible!

Looking for votes on who makes the best downpipe setup for this car.

Please take into consideration sound, overall performance gains, fitment, and build quality!

It looks like there's a decently long list so I hope this thread will be able to clear some things up for some of us in the future!

Catted vs catless pipes can both be in this discussion.
Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
How much power are people picking up from DP anyways? tuned v untuned?

m4udin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I was going to buy the Full Race DP until I was told their Big Turbo kit came with an intake and DP.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
There are quite a few of us using the ebay downpipe as well with great results. Cheaper then most others.

Sponsored

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
So, is there going to be an actual performance comparison as the title suggests? I appreciate what you're trying to do, but without some sort of factual comparison you'll just get opinions from everyone, which will likely fall into one of a few categories: people that have downpipes and will say the one they have is best, people who don't have downpipes and thus do not have much/any experience to offer up, people who will say you get what you pay for, so don't buy a cheap downpipe, or people who will say that a cheap ebay product is just as good. I would imagine very few people on here have tried enough different downpipes to be able to offer a true comparison. Maybe some of the vendors/tuners can. But, then sometimes you have to wonder where their motivation is coming from (not an attack on any vendors, but if I build/sell a downpipe of course I'm going to think mine is the best one)

OP
OP

EcoBlue68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Impact Blue Ecoboost
So, is there going to be an actual performance comparison as the title suggests? I appreciate what you're trying to do, but without some sort of factual comparison you'll just get opinions from everyone, which will likely fall into one of a few categories: people that have downpipes and will say the one they have is best, people who don't have downpipes and thus do not have much/any experience to offer up, people who will say you get what you pay for, so don't buy a cheap downpipe, or people who will say that a cheap ebay product is just as good. I would imagine very few people on here have tried enough different downpipes to be able to offer a true comparison. Maybe some of the vendors/tuners can. But, then sometimes you have to wonder where their motivation is coming from (not an attack on any vendors, but if I build/sell a downpipe of course I'm going to think mine is the best one)
This is a great point. I have a very qualified tuner and shop in my area, however I'm really not sure how much difference in power you will see between each unit.

If we can get some vendors to volunteer I would happily dyno these parts in a controlled environment, inspect the quality of the welds and go over fitment and sound on each one. However I suspect it will be very difficult to enough volunteers for this sort of comparison. Many of us have posted up in the exhaust and sound clip threads about the downpipes plus I'm sure many more are waiting to post.

Just trying to see what you would be if you had the choice or could do it again.

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Is the thread RIP ?

Considering MIshimoto but heard "drone" might be annoying...Even in Catted version?
My Tuning company told me it would gave a gain of about 5 to 7hp...

I'm in for the combo: sound (together with my FRP touring axleback) and a bit extra power.

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG
Butt dyno didn't feel a difference...have a ebay 3inch...drone is definently present...but I'm starting to like the sound.

Kuronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Let's add full race!

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I think this will turn into a, "What Down Pipe did you buy" thread/poll. Everyone thinks the one they bought is the best and it doesn't really tell us anything. A thread with the gains and sound clips would be useful.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Wow this is an old thread... I think quality wise from the ones I've seen I think CPE and MAP had the best quality. That's not to say there aren't others, but I only know about 3 or 4 on that list in person.

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
What's this "eBay" downpipe you all speak of? And is it catted?

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG
What's this "eBay" downpipe you all speak of? And is it catted?
Non catted, welds looked pretty good

As far as power gains that's all going to depend on your tuner and current mods. You will probably see a couple less hp on a catted system because it will not flow as good as a non catted one....the main thing one has to worry about is quality:build and fitment

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
Ok. I see holly (hooker) performance has a 3" downpipe available as well. I assume no one is running this since it's not one of the options...
Sponsored