Door panel tear

rapidredroush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Roush Rapid Red Mustang GT
Help!! So upset with myself right now!! I was getting out of the Roush today and the clip on my pocket knife grabbed the door panel and created a small tear. Is this something that can be fixed easily and will look perfect or am i going to need to replace the whole door panel? Car only has 3k on the clock and does not get driven that often so not looking to do something that wont look perfect when done. Thanks for any help you can give.

20210827_125225.jpg

20210827_125215.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
Curious if the fix would involve heat of some sort.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Getting the panels off eBay is the easiest thing to do really. When you remove the old panel, just take all of the other pieces off of it and save them as extras. The actual panel itself isnā€™t worth saving w/ the damages.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah another vote for trying heat.

I would warm it up and use a smooth, blunt ended thing to massage the area and apply pressure to the high spot :like:

WD :like:

Jason304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 2016 Ram 2500 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Be aware of the seat bolster as well. I had my knife clip snag on the seam of the seat bolster when getting out. Didnā€™t do any damage, it pulled the knife out of my pocket. It was an oh shit moment. I now put my knife in my right pocket when driving the Mustang.

OP
OP
rapidredroush

rapidredroush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Be aware of the seat bolster as well. I had my knife clip snag on the seam of the seat bolster when getting out. Didnā€™t do any damage, it pulled the knife out of my pocket. It was an oh shit moment. I now put my knife in my right pocket when driving the Mustang.
Thanks for the advice, my knife was actually in my right pocket but my garage space is tight and getting out of car to keep from hitting the wife's Benz I have to some what squeeze out of car. Probably just going to forgo the knife carrying when I drive it going forward. Just take the šŸ”« instead. šŸ˜€

OP
OP
rapidredroush

rapidredroush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Yeah another vote for trying heat.

I would warm it up and use a smooth, blunt ended thing to massage the area and apply pressure to the high spot :like:

WD :like:
Going to work on it tomorrow. We will see how it goes.

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
Thanks for the advice, my knife was actually in my right pocket but my garage space is tight and getting out of car to keep from hitting the wife's Benz I have to some what squeeze out of car. Probably just going to forgo the knife carrying when I drive it going forward. Just take the šŸ”« instead. šŸ˜€
Depending on the holster, the rear sights can catch stuff, especially the steering wheel if you're right handed.
Sponsored