Sponsored

Doesn't feel like 460hp...?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Those improvements were mostly about the EPA and MPGs. It was about emissions and fuel economy.
And don't forget European market requirements on the 2018+, which is why they are called Euro Mustangs.
Sponsored

redneck ron

Dummy up Meathead!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 401A/Race Red
My 2018 Scat Pack 8A felt a lot faster, but I know it isn’t.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Actually it started by you quoting me and then citing multiple incorrect numbers. So you seem to be REALLY bad at citing facts.
No, I've posted nothing incorrect, except CJPP 2nd link. Everything else is correct.

What you've said, is that GEN3 Coyotes make 497HP, and all you're doing is going "you're wrong" without trying to post any substantiating information of your own.

Listen junior; anyone can jump in and point accusatory fingers at people, saying "you're wrong". That's bush-league. If you want to MAKE a point, rather than just accusing me of being wrong, then provide your own information that proves your point.

It's easy to tell people they're wrong, when you're not making the slightest bit of effort to prove your own point as the correct one.

Now; Show us proof-positive that 18 & 19 Coyotes make 497HP at the crank.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
No, I've posted nothing incorrect, except CJPP 2nd link. Everything else is correct.

What you've said, is that GEN3 Coyotes make 497HP, and all you're doing is going "you're wrong" without trying to post any substantiating information of your own.

Listen junior; anyone can jump in and point accusatory fingers at people, saying "you're wrong". That's bush-league. If you want to MAKE a point, rather than just accusing me of being wrong, then provide your own information that proves your point.

It's easy to tell people they're wrong, when you're not making the slightest bit of effort to prove your own point as the correct one.

Now; Show us proof-positive that 18 & 19 Coyotes make 497HP at the crank.
You started out by saying, as a fact, that the engine dyno that I mentioned was wrong and proven wrong "multiple" times. When I asked for proof you then proceed to show 0 information to back up your assessment. In fact you multiple times misquoted incorrect numbers, and then did so while even linking to the videos/articles that say different numbers than you stated. You also are not comparing STD to SAE they saying "its hyped numbers" as if simply using different correction factors are not a thing. Now you seem to not even know what engine dyno I'm taking about.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You started out by saying, as a fact, that the engine dyno that I mentioned was wrong and proven wrong "multiple" times. When I asked for proof you then proceed to show 0 information to back up your assessment. In fact you multiple times misquoted incorrect numbers, and then did so while even linking to the videos/articles that say different numbers than you stated. You also are not comparing STD to SAE they saying "its hyped numbers" as if simply using different correction factors are not a thing. Now you seem to not even know what engine dyno I'm taking about.
More "you're wrong and I'm right"......

Show us proof-positive that 18 & 19 Coyotes make 497HP at the crank.

Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
More "you're wrong and I'm right"......

Show us proof-positive that 18 & 19 Coyotes make 497HP at the crank.
What about the fact that most stock dynos show ~420whp?

Using a conservative 12% loss (420/.88) this means 477.27 crank hp.

Using a more realistic (for autos) 15% loss (420/.85) this is 494.12 crank hp.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
What about the fact that most stock dynos show ~420whp?

Using a conservative 12% loss (420/.88) this means 477.27 crank hp.

Using a more realistic (for autos) 15% loss (420/.85) this is 494.12 crank hp.
I'm questioning the 15% loss. Reading here I've heard more like 8% with new transmissions.

But this is all guessing anyways. Someone needs to remove the engine, exhaust system and ECU from an 18/19, and put it on a real engine dyno, to get the right answer.

You know, one of these?
upload_2019-5-28_15-21-47.jpeg

I've checked Google, and haven't been able to find anyone doing that.

Anyways, let's just call this Schrodinger's car. As of right now, the car has either 460HP, or 500HP.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

RaceHorseV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra, 2004 Cobra, 2019 GT
My brother test drove 2 2019 GTs back to back at a dealership because he didn't think the first one was up to the advertised performance. The second was very noticeably quicker to him. He mentioned it to the salesmen and they didn't believe him so they took a ride, making sure the modes were the same, and they agreed to a man. I always hate to think there are significant differences from one identical car to another but in this case it seemed to be true. Take it for what it's worth... Might have been just in their heads based on what they were expecting to feel.

Sponsored

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
And the real answer to all this Dyno back and forth is who F****n Cares !!!!!!!!
Exactly.

Again, though, best way is by trap speed if other things are generally similar. Car and Driver (consistent method and corrections) trap speeds for 6M S550GTs:

2015-17: 113, 112, 112-113 (that last one, same car before and after 40K mile test)

2018: 115, 114

That’s consistent with 465-470hp for the Gen3 considering curb weight (3810, 3817, 3782 for 15-16s, 3878 and 3833 for 2018s) if the 15-17 is truly 435

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
My brother test drove 2 2019 GTs back to back at a dealership because he didn't think the first one was up to the advertised performance. The second was very noticeably quicker to him. He mentioned it to the salesmen and they didn't believe him so they took a ride, making sure the modes were the same, and they agreed to a man. I always hate to think there are significant differences from one identical car to another but in this case it seemed to be true. Take it for what it's worth... Might have been just in their heads based on what they were expecting to feel.
I remember years ago when we got new patrol units in, all identical, there was always one of them that ran better than the others.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
But this is all guessing anyways. Someone needs to remove the engine, exhaust system and ECU from an 18/19, and put it on a real engine dyno, to get the right answer.
Never understood why a chassis dyno can't calculate the drive train losses. When done with the run, just throw it in neutral and calculate the loss based on how long it takes for the drive train behind the clutch/TC to stop turning the drum.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
To me, in 'normal' mode, it is quick. But, bloody Sport mode is a different story. Sometimes I am a little scared when using it, on normal roads.
Sponsored