Does the EB ECU "dumb down" mods?

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
If you look in the real world 1/4 times section, you will see cobb in the mid-upper 13's. Which is great, but not 12's.

P.S. I own the Cobb AP, so this is actually a subjective and objective source of information.
I own the AP too.
I haven't seen any "real world 1/4 times" from people going to drag strips yet -- most of us have tracks that are closed for Winter... I haven't been yet, the nearest quarter mile opens up next weekend.

I think it's too early to make these claims, personally, as to what each tuner is going to run.

I care what vendors run because I've never had a hard time hitting vendors times.They're not doing anything that I as a consumer can't. Like I said am getting a custom Cobb tune and hopefully it's worth it.I think the Cobb with a local protuner has more flexibility for future mods/turbo upgrades which is why I didn't go with Livernois. Livernois looks to be the best tune out IMO and is what I'd have if a Cobb shop wasn't so close. I really have high hopes for Cobb to deliver:)
Yes cobbs mid upper 13's are not bad but I've seen stock cars that hit 13.6-13.8,it'll take more than that to impress me.
And my stock car got a best time of 13.8 as well -- but are you judging by the Track Apps? Because those are all I have to go off of, and I don't know how accurate they are.

i went with Cobb because I like them as a company, their products, etc. Their OTS tunes are notoriously conservative -- but I haven't see any mind-blowing differences between speeds, especially comparing my speedo video to others that have been posted...

Mbrenin is the only non vendor that I have seen post what his times were which was a 12.8 with the Airaid CAI, Unleashed tune and DR's; he also said he saw -7 degrees of timing on the big end which means the computer pulled a lot of timing due to the heat soak/ineffective IC.

Livernois hero run was also done with race gas and I bet if they would have done a back to back run with their numbers would have been a lot different due to heat soak.

No tuner can overcome the limitations of the stock IC and for anyone, esp a vendor to say the stock IC works fine is ludicrous.
I haven't seen hardly anybody else post actual 1/4 times. I've seen plenty of stock times -- but nearly no modded times.

I've seen a lot of times for people who are only on their first trip to the drag strip -- personally, this will be my first trip to the drag strip with a decently powered RWD vehicle, the rest have been 350whp FWD vehicles and that's a constant uphill battle.

Personally, I will reserve judgment for a while until more people post their findings/results.
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I have the Cobb AP with their Stage 1 tune as well. While it's better in some areas, like throttle tip in, the overall power feel is improved, but probably not like a ProTune would be.

I chose Cobb because I like them as a company and because the feature set of the AP can't be beat, IMO. From dataloging to map switching on the fly to a burnout button, they've produced a fantastic little unit. I've been completely satisfied with Cobb and ProTunes in the past, so I'm looking forward to getting one for my Mustang as well.

Now, only if MAP would hurry up on their custom maps. [emoji1]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mizer67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, please
From what I've seen, with full bolt ons, drag radials, a tune and race gas and the base Eco is still a ~low/mid-12 second car in current form/current day tunes, in average air. FMIC makes it more repeatable.

That's all there is right now from anyone out there, regarless of name, without going into the motor or a bigger turbo from what I've read in various reputable sources.

Anyone running just an 8th will get calculated times lower and with less, but it's not repeatable over the 1/4, as these cars fall off hard up top.

I wouldn't trust anyone's info. that won't tell you what their exact setup was when it left the line (missing interior, race gas, DRs etc.), or that runs 1/8th and extrapolates their time. I don't think you'll see 11's consistently in this car with just bolt ons, unless you count a bigger turbo as a "bolt on".....

JJ@WMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
I care what vendors run because I've never had a hard time hitting vendors times.They're not doing anything that I as a consumer can't. .

:headbang:

Exactly.

Your customers should be able to run what the vendor ran with the same mods under the same conditions.

You put one of our tunes on your car, one of our OR downpipes and a CAI and you will run in the 12's like we did on a DR at full weight and running pump gas.

JJ

Sponsored

tanna786

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Livernois Tuner

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and just bought my 1st Mustang so I'm a rookie when it comes to performance and modifications.

Just installed my Livernois tuner 2 days ago and read somewhere in the forum something about spark plugs need to be gapped after being tuned , does that sound right?

If so, I wasn't informed that needed to be done?:shrug:

any information would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and just bought my 1st Mustang so I'm a rookie when it comes to performance and modifications.

Just installed my Livernois tuner 2 days ago and read somewhere in the forum something about spark plugs need to be gapped after being tuned , does that sound right?

I replied to this same post in the two other places you posted it too, lol. Here's a link with some good info about colder plugs.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16766

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

tanna786

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tan
Vehicle(s)
LOL...appreciate the feedback- trying to get info as quickly as possible. Just wanted to make sure everything get's done after the vehicle being tuned.

I'm surprised why Livernois didn't mention that.

Sponsored

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP

If Livernois didn't recommend you do it.i Am sure you are fine,they definitely have this car figured out. If you want to i still thinks its a good idea as almost every other car I've modified colder plugs have been recommended or required. I guess iam saying don't stress if you don't do it right away you're fine :cheers:

tanna786

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tan
Vehicle(s)
Thank you...definitely makes sense- am I OK right now due to the cold weather?
Sponsored