Sponsored

Does anyone know about these ebay downpipe sellers?

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I was browsing through ebay looking for a blacked out pony for my stock decklid and came across this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1320-Perfor...ash=item465b37ea72:g:zZ0AAOSw9GhYYiMf&vxp=mtr

The pictures don't look like its terrible but for the price what can you expect? I'm almost tempted to buy it just to see what its like.

The costs for exhaust parts on this car are absolutely retarded (axle-back is $700+? GTFO with that its 4 " of pipe and a pair of mufflers, that like 300% profit).
Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
That is interesting.. it's a catted downpipe but it says off road use only, not smog legal.. heh..

Is there any other advantage to having a high flow cat besides passing emissions? I mean, if this thing can't pass inspection then what's the point?

Not being sarcastic, I'm really asking, is there any other reason why an "off road" cat would be desirable?

svoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
it means they havent paid for emissions testing to verify that it will meet specs.

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
I went catless and kept the rest stock, for now. I wanted a little more turbine noise.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ForYourOwnGood

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
That is interesting.. it's a catted downpipe but it says off road use only, not smog legal.. heh..

Is there any other advantage to having a high flow cat besides passing emissions? I mean, if this thing can't pass inspection then what's the point?

Not being sarcastic, I'm really asking, is there any other reason why an "off road" cat would be desirable?
All non-stock catted DP are going to say that. If its non-OEM its considered off road if your car had to meet 50-state.

I'm interested because those small 200-cell cats keep the noise down. My question was more about build quality, from the pictures it looks fine but I can't find anyone having used one, catted or not.

iEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost Performance Pack
The only thing about an ebay downpipe is I've heard multiple stories of people getting them and the fitment is either on point, or is very off and hits parts of the car and rattles left and right. My best bet would to just throw the extra cash on a branded one and even those sometimes may have bad fitments, but at least you can contact the company and get a refund or a new pipe. With that being said, I run a Lethal Performance 3" CATLESS downpipe with a Flowmaster Outlaw catback and my lord is it raspy under WOT. Its stupidly loud but oddly I love it, as for Emissions mine isn't due for another 2-years so I'll deal with that as time comes.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

The only thing about an ebay downpipe is I've heard multiple stories of people getting them and the fitment is either on point, or is very off and hits parts of the car and rattles left and right. My best bet would to just throw the extra cash on a branded one and even those sometimes may have bad fitments, but at least you can contact the company and get a refund or a new pipe. With that being said, I run a Lethal Performance 3" CATLESS downpipe with a Flowmaster Outlaw catback and my lord is it raspy under WOT. Its stupidly loud but oddly I love it, as for Emissions mine isn't due for another 2-years so I'll deal with that as time comes.
Any videos or sound clips?

iEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost Performance Pack
I personally do not have any clips but there's a youtube video of someone with a similar setup, only difference is he runs MRT DP and mine is from lethal but both catless, both 3 inch.
Sponsored