Sponsored

Does the new high performance EB have a larger intercooler oem?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious if anyones noticed a larger one or not.
Sponsored

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Shoot jake1164 a pm. He has a EBPP and had a 16’ EB.
I believe he is asking about the new 2020 EB High Performance Package, not the 15-19 EBPP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Just curious if anyones noticed a larger one or not.
Yes it uses the one out of the focus RS. When I saw it, it looked to be smaller than a cvf or cpe street intercooler but larger than stock. Sort of a happy medium. I believe it will take heat soak a lot better than the standard one but not as well as the aftermarket.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering if they was getting those torque figures/turbo spooling up the way it does with the stock ones from 15-19, sounds like it doesn't. (if it did) have a substantially larger one I was going to look up the part information out of curiosity. thanks for tinfo.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I was wondering if they was getting those torque figures/turbo spooling up the way it does with the stock ones from 15-19, sounds like it doesn't. (if it did) have a substantially larger one I was going to look up the part information out of curiosity. thanks for tinfo.
They are different if you place them side by side. The HiPo is slighter larger and looks to be an RS IC.
The 2.3 hipo just begs for a quality intercooler.

The upgraded torque in the HPP comes from being a different engine that has stronger everything, that Ford can easily afford to tune to have a more robust tq plot. The 2.3HiPo's # are extremely conservative, given it has less frictional losses than when placed inside the focus RS.... and has more cooling, etc.

The Mustang HPP is an all day long 350hp 380tq engine. Detuned for your pleasure...

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
that's nasty. thanks for the info guys.

I am ordering a new intercooler for my car in 3 weeks (lethal performance CPE Black Friday sale) but my car is garaged for season anyway so doesn't really matter. but spring, I cannot wait to drive her with it installed

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
They are different if you place them side by side. The HiPo is slighter larger and looks to be an RS IC.
The 2.3 hipo just begs for a quality intercooler.

The upgraded torque in the HPP comes from being a different engine that has stronger everything, that Ford can easily afford to tune to have a more robust tq plot. The 2.3HiPo's # are extremely conservative, given it has less frictional losses than when placed inside the focus RS.... and has more cooling, etc.

The Mustang HPP is an all day long 350hp 380tq engine. Detuned for your pleasure...
...but the "advertised" torque on the 2020 HPP is the same 350 lb/ft as that on all 2018-19s.
Sponsored