Sponsored

Does It Make You Upset?

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
It doesn't make me sad, I can see both Angles. Enthusiasts or owners may feel like it cheapens the make and model, and I can see how Ford making a ton of money selling these cars to rental agencies makes them money and possibly makes people renting them want one. Plus don't forget the Hertz GT350. Gorgeous car
Sponsored

Reactions: 113

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
doesn't matter if it's a rental or not...

mustangs have been every where on every corner since 1964 1/2.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
GTs are still quite rare. I can count on one hand the number of GTs I've seen in Palm Beach County over the past year. In fact I'm shocked that over the past 2 weeks I've seen 2 out in the wild, one of which was a CO today actually. I see Ecoboost and V6s all the damn time though.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
For as many as have sold, I'm still not seeing many on the roads. All has to do with where you live and drive, I know. But living in PHX, I thought I'd see more. So whenever I see one it makes me smile.

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Thank you guys for the mature responses. I guess I am the only one that feels this way. (sigh), lol.

It's great that you treat the car as if it's your own and be careful with it (like some folks on here said above), but not everyone is going to be like that with their rental cars. I saw a video on Instagram where this hoodrat in California rented a black V6 convertible and was doing donuts and hitting huge speed bumps and throwing the car in park as he was driving.... And the unfortunate fact that the Mustang in that video will be owned by someone one day.
Hate to say this but give it time- few years- and you'll see beat up 15s and up on the road and not even a rental so I don't understand the problem with rentals. People mistreat sh!t all the time regardless if they rent or own/buy new or used.

Sponsored

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
All those fleet sales keep the Mustang in production!

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
I'm thankful for the rentals because it gave me a chance to get a good confy test drive in. After a few days in the black rental v6 I came home and sold my car almost immediately and bought a black gt.

TypeTridoron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Impala SS
In conclusion:

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT, 2012 Black Golf GTi
I don't understand why you'd be upset. I mean it's not even your car. You can rent a Ferrari or a Lambo, why not a Mustang?

I take care of my cars, whether it's a Mustang or a Corolla, but you shouldn't expect everyone to do the same.

Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Although my car is an EcoBoost and those are mostly sold to rental fleets, mine is optioned in a way that most rentals aren't, that is what makes mine special to me. So i don't mind it a bit.

What does make my blood boil is when i see people using these cars for jobs likePIZZA DELIVERY. There is this dude with a brand new black EcoBoost Mustang Premium where i live and he's delivering pizzas with it! Paper plates and all. Like cmon man, why would you do that with a car like that? After a few months that leather interior is gonna smell like pizza and its gonna be a bitch to take out.

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Although my car is an EcoBoost and those are mostly sold to rental fleets, mine is optioned in a way that most rentals aren't, that is what makes mine special to me. So i don't mind it a bit.

What does make my blood boil is when i see people using these cars for jobs likePIZZA DELIVERY. There is this dude with a brand new black EcoBoost Mustang Premium where i live and he's delivering pizzas with it! Paper plates and all. Like cmon man, why would you do that with a car like that? After a few months that leather interior is gonna smell like pizza and its gonna be a bitch to take out.

Why would anyone doing what they want with their own car make your blood boil? I don't care if someone buys a brand new GT350 and pushes it off a cliff. Who cares?

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
I just wish it was not so. Mustangs, camaros, Aaron's, weds don't belong with rentals

HBTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
I first considered getting mustang because of my positive experience with the base rental convertibles I rented on vacation. So I don't care at all if I see rentals, some of them, like me, will become future owners (and participants in forums like this).

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
About seeing the Mustang as a rental? It's not a whole lot different from seeing the same Mustang and knowing that it's on a lease (think longer rental period). A neighbor's leased sixxer Mustang that I never even rode in was still a clear influence on my decision to put an '08 GT in my driveway.

On the matter of not getting waves or other recognition from other Mustang drivers while you're driving your Mustang . . . don't invest so much emotional content in something that you have exactly zero control over. It's just not worth it.

See, there was this guy over on Camaro5 who got so upset over not getting waves or return waves that he ultimately sold his 5th gen Camaro over this imagined slighting/snobbery/whatever. That happened a year or two ago, and it's become an inside joke over there that still pops up in certain kinds of threads from time to time.

Norm
Sponsored