Does It Make You Upset?

JessV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 Auto
Hey guys! It's been a while since I have posted or interacted with the crew on here! 9,930 miles later, my red darling is still going strong! I don't think I have ever put so many miles on a car as fast as I did with my 2015 Mustang. Not a day has gone by that I have not driven it!

Out of those 9,930 miles and 6 months, my eyes have seen around 30-45 new Mustangs on the highway. This includes a few locally, most of them when I went to my trip to Key West, and a few whenever I drive across the state to Tampa. I am always the type of person to throw up a peace sign or do the rockstar gesture with my hand whenever I pass a 2015. Only the real drivers actually give one back. I have one problem that makes me upset and sad when I think about it and I am reaching out to see if I am the only one who feels this way: I get upset whenever I see a 2015 Mustang that is a RENTAL.

I just feel like these beautiful cars deserve the respect to be handled with someone who will take care of them and whenever I see that little "SCAN YOUR RIDE" sticker on the drivers side window (indicating it's a rental), I suddenly just turn away and feel upset.

There were so many V6 convertible rentals whenever I went to Key West, it was like how Honda Accords are to a common town. There was one incident that I won't forget where I saw this young guy driving a 2015 around at night in downtown with the top down, with his sunglasses on, blasting loud music, and he didn't even have the actual headlights on-- just the daytime running LED's. I laughed because I thought to myself how stupid he would feel if I went up and told him that he didn't even know how to turn the headlights on in his rental, but was trying so hard to look cool.

I just feel like these cars are too nice to be easily rented the way they are today, especially here in Florida. What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Why get up set that someone is driving a rental? Think of it as maybe a potential Mustang buyer if they like the Mustang they are renting as much as we like owning our Mustang.

comagt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's just a car. Who cares why the other one is one the road. Just know the more that are on the road leads to a better version of the car the next year.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I just feel like these cars are too nice to be easily rented the way they are today, especially here in Florida. What do you guys think?
I think the opposite and we enjoyed renting a Mustang in FL.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I'll bet rental Mustangs might make a few people want one of their own after they drive one for a while as a rental. I had a 2014 Mustang rental in HI for a couple of weeks and liked it a lot ... kind of made me look at Mustangs when I was ready to buy a new sports car.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Back Inthe day shelbys could be rented a most Hertz.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I'll be honest with you, if I see another mustang on the road, I'm looking at the car, not the driver. So if I don't wave back, it's likely because I didn't see it, especially if we're going in opposite directions.

monksey7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Thin air
Hey guys! It's been a while since I have posted or interacted with the crew on here! 9,930 miles later, my red darling is still going strong! I don't think I have ever put so many miles on a car as fast as I did with my 2015 Mustang. Not a day has gone by that I have not driven it!

Out of those 9,930 miles and 6 months, my eyes have seen around 30-45 new Mustangs on the highway. This includes a few locally, most of them when I went to my trip to Key West, and a few whenever I drive across the state to Tampa. I am always the type of person to throw up a peace sign or do the rockstar gesture with my hand whenever I pass a 2015. Only the real drivers actually give one back. I have one problem that makes me upset and sad when I think about it and I am reaching out to see if I am the only one who feels this way: I get upset whenever I see a 2015 Mustang that is a RENTAL.

I just feel like these beautiful cars deserve the respect to be handled with someone who will take care of them and whenever I see that little "SCAN YOUR RIDE" sticker on the drivers side window (indicating it's a rental), I suddenly just turn away and feel upset.

There were so many V6 convertible rentals whenever I went to Key West, it was like how Honda Accords are to a common town. There was one incident that I won't forget where I saw this young guy driving a 2015 around at night in downtown with the top down, with his sunglasses on, blasting loud music, and he didn't even have the actual headlights on-- just the daytime running LED's. I laughed because I thought to myself how stupid he would feel if I went up and told him that he didn't even know how to turn the headlights on in his rental, but was trying so hard to look cool.

I don't see the problem to be honest, me and my dad rented a Race Red V6 Convertible a couple of weeks ago and we were very careful with it. IMO people who try to specifically get a Mustang rather than a Camaro are more than likely Mustang enthusiasts or fans, and therefore are more likely to be careful not to damage it.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I have to go back to the U.S. on business next month. Guess what I'll be renting?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I don't see the problem to be honest, me and my dad rented a Race Red V6 Convertible a couple of weeks ago and we were very careful with it. IMO people who try to specifically get a Mustang rather than a Camaro are more than likely Mustang enthusiasts or fans, and therefore are more likely to be careful not to damage it.
+1 ... when I had a Mustang rental I treated it like I owned it. Took very good care of it, even parked carefully to prevent any door dings, etc.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JessV

JessV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 Auto
Thank you guys for the mature responses. I guess I am the only one that feels this way. (sigh), lol.

It's great that you treat the car as if it's your own and be careful with it (like some folks on here said above), but not everyone is going to be like that with their rental cars. I saw a video on Instagram where this hoodrat in California rented a black V6 convertible and was doing donuts and hitting huge speed bumps and throwing the car in park as he was driving.... And the unfortunate fact that the Mustang in that video will be owned by someone one day.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Never go to Miami Beach then. There is a rental Ecoboost every 10 feet. It does get annoying yes.

I understand though, I like my car to be different than the rest, not like having a Honda that is like the other 100 you see daily. That's why I loved my 09 GT500, it was very unique and you saw very few of them around; more newer ones 2010-2014s

Moreso it's mostly punk kids renting them sitting on the part where the top goes goes out of the car acting like monkeys. Gives Mustang owners a bad reputation because most don't get they're rentals and people not from here.

monksey7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Thin air
Never go to Miami Beach then. There is a rental Ecoboost every 10 feet. It does get annoying yes.

I understand though, I like my car to be different than the rest, not like having a Honda that is like the other 100 you see daily. That's why I loved my 09 GT500, it was very unique and you saw very few of them around; more newer ones 2010-2014s

Moreso it's mostly punk kids renting them sitting on the part where the top goes goes out of the car acting like monkeys. Gives Mustang owners a bad reputation because most don't get they're rentals and people not from here.
The Mustang doesn't have the problem of being a common sight over here in the UK!

monksey7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Thin air
Thank you guys for the mature responses. I guess I am the only one that feels this way. (sigh), lol.

It's great that you treat the car as if it's your own and be careful with it (like some folks on here said above), but not everyone is going to be like that with their rental cars. I saw a video on Instagram where this hoodrat in California rented a black V6 convertible and was doing donuts and hitting huge speed bumps and throwing the car in park as he was driving.... And the unfortunate fact that the Mustang in that video will be owned by someone one day.
To be fair I feel that way when some oil rich douche buys a Mclaren P1, picks red paint and a red interior because money talks, and then writes the car off at a set of lights!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
? Mustangs have always been rentals everywhere... completely normal to see.
Sponsored