A wash makes you love it again....

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
When you car has been dirty for a while due to on and off rain, what a difference a wash makes.

Who else feels my pain though with every nick, chip, scrape on their car?
Love driving my car and it’s definitely fun to drive however I come from the 392 Challenger and it seems I drove the challenger a bit harder than my 5.0.... going to have to put this 5.0 to good use.
Sponsored

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I am one of those people that would rather have a garage queen vs actually driving the car. I am trying my best to break that habit with my 2019 GT, but every time I see a scratch or paint chip it sets me back into that mindset. I love washing this car though, easiest mustang of any year I've owned.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I am one of those people that would rather have a garage queen vs actually driving the car. I am trying my best to break that habit with my 2019 GT, but every time I see a scratch or paint chip it sets me back into that mindset. I love washing this car though, easiest mustang of any year I've owned.

Easy to wash?
Yeah I realize the more you drive a car things will happen. I have this mindset of wanting everything perfect, but even on new cars I realize it’s not really possible. Something will happen no matter how minor it is. So what I’ve come to terms with is that like a pretty girlfriend ain’t no point in keeping her nice for the next guy to enjoy. Same thing with the car. I doubt I’ll have my 2019 mustang for longer than 10 years... probably not even longer than 5 years. So what baby it pamper it, hardly enjoy it then what make an extra grand on trade in to do the same with the next car? Nah.... it’s a used car and I’m make sure I give it back used. :rockon:

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
I actually enjoy washing and cleaning the stang as opposed to washing any of the other vehicles at the house. I have no problem spending a couple of hours early in the morning cleaning it all up. But almost as soon as I'm done, I'm like, damn that car car looks good, now back in the garage.

I've kind of gotten over iver the while gotta keep her perfect thing. If I get nicks, chips and dings, must mean I'm driving it, which means I'm happy and enjoying it, so it's all good.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I actually enjoy washing and cleaning the stang as opposed to washing any of the other vehicles at the house. I have no problem spending a couple of hours early in the morning cleaning it all up. But almost as soon as I'm done, I'm like, damn that car car looks good, now back in the garage.

I've kind of gotten over iver the while gotta keep her perfect thing. If I get nicks, chips and dings, must mean I'm driving it, which means I'm happy and enjoying it, so it's all good.

I haven’t been able to quiet get over it yet.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
When you car has been dirty for a while due to on and off rain, what a difference a wash makes.

Who else feels my pain though with every nick, chip, scrape on their car?
Agreed, and even a quickie wash makes a car look a lot nicer. My '08 still cleans up pretty good without too much effort, though there are a couple of flaws.

But since I have no garage that's actually usable as such, and because my Mustang does see occasional track time, it'd be pointless for me to worry about the small stuff even if I was into detailing beyond spot-cleaning bird poo as soon as I notice it, plus the occasional full wash and a couple of times a year with the wax. A little touch-up on the nicks and chips and I'm good. There is a scrape on the hood from what looks like a book bag or similar that hasn't compounded out that I might throw another minute or two's attention toward.

Norm

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Agreed, and even a quickie wash makes a car look a lot nicer. My '08 still cleans up pretty good without too much effort, though there are a couple of flaws.

But since I have no garage that's actually usable as such, and because my Mustang does see occasional track time, it'd be pointless for me to worry about the small stuff even if I was into detailing beyond spot-cleaning bird poo as soon as I notice it, plus the occasional full wash and a couple of times a year with the wax. A little touch-up on the nicks and chips and I'm good. There is a scrape on the hood from what looks like a book bag or similar that hasn't compounded out that I might throw another minute or two's attention toward.

Norm
Norm what state are you in?

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Wife wanted black CSGT, so brought it home, then son was telling me I gotta to this and that.
Guess what, I'm not worring about it.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Use to know someone from OH with a similar name.
Nope. Not me.

But FWIW, I tipped a few in a certain little downstairs pub in Boston back when it was only known as the Bull & Finch. Most people now would probably only recognize the new name it acquired about a dozen years later.

Norm

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Don't feel the love because it is a Black car, decided not to worship the black paint

RBINCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 10r80 GT, 07 GT500 Vert
Just makes you feel better when you drive a freshly washed car. I find the 550 is harder to wash than my 197.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Detailing my cars, and the Mustang in particular, is my end of week de-stress. Detail Therapy is what I call it.

And it never gets old. I can spent 2 hours "cleaning" it even when it doesn't exactly need to be cleaned. But I need to clean it.

My idea of heaven is a nice sunny day, nowhere else to be, outside in the garage with my Mustang.

IMG-5927.jpg

ax10.jpg

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

Love driving my car and it’s definitely fun to drive however I come from the 392 Challenger and it seems I drove the challenger a bit harder than my 5.0....
My car isn’t my DD and only comes out of the garage when it’s nice outside, can’t stand to see it dirty. But even on nice days it gets dusty and it drives me crazy, gotta clean it up.

And as far as driving the Challenger harder, what are you waiting for LOL? I took a Challenger Scat Pack out into the Vegas desert a couple years ago and threw it around with my wife in the passenger seat. She said it felt like a fast garbage truck. I agreed - wouldn’t ever consider owning one.
Sponsored