Dodge is killing it for 2021 Redeye vs GT500

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
That might happen. I hope so.
I bet so. Dodge with their picture of a T-rex hovering over a raptor (RAM TRX) and chevy saying "we'll prove raptors are extinct" (Silverado ZRX) means those two a bringing some new monsters. Ford will respond. I'll win no matter what.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
CL & ZRacer: I'm old and would rather drive a comfortable truck like CL's SD. I love my '18 and I loved my '05, too. If I want to get after it, I wanna duit in a car. :-) Different strokes, I say.

But the newer one is SO much quieter and rides SO much better that it's astounding to me. The wife drives a CT6 and while it's a great riding car, my "Ruby's" ride is pretty darn close for something twice as large AND being a 4WD pickup.

Last edited:
OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
CL & ZRacer: I'm old and would rather drive a comfortable truck like CL's SD. I love my '18 and I loved my '05, too. If I want to get after it, I wanna duit in a car. :-) But, different strokes, I say.

But the newer one is SO much quieter and rides SO much better that it's astounding to me. The wife drives a CT6 and while it's a great riding car, my "Ruby's" ride is pretty darn close for something twice as large AND being a 4WD pickup.
Trucks have come a long way in the ride department that’s for sure.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
We might not even have the Redeye if the GT500 wasn’t made.
Who knows.
Bring on the HORSEPOWER!!!!

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
We might not even have the Redeye if the GT500 wasn’t made.
Who knows.
Bring on the HORSEPOWER!!!!
Or the original 707hp Hellcat if the 2013-14 GT500 didn't have 662hp and so on and so on.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Or the original 707hp Hellcat if the 2013-14 GT500 didn't have 662hp and so on and so on.
The Diesel pickup war is even crazier.

2020 Ford diesel pickups now have 475 hp and 1050 torque.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Out of those - I’d only get the Durango. If I’m going to drive a boat...might as well be able to tow one, too.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
CL & ZRacer: I'm old and would rather drive a comfortable truck like CL's SD. I love my '18 and I loved my '05, too. If I want to get after it, I wanna duit in a car. :-) Different strokes, I say.

I hear ya! But I track my car AND dirt track my truck. I'm probably 0.001% of the population though. My ZR2 is surprisingly comfortable, but I would guess the Raptor is even more comfortable with the higher mass to soak up the bumps even better.

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
The grid is already strained, there has been bad wild fires in California a few years ago from the strain.
Tell your prof that he needs to up his research game. The fires were caused by poor grid maintenance and bad forestry practices.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
/\ True story /\

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Tell your prof that he needs to up his research game. The fires were caused by poor grid maintenance and bad forestry practices.
I didn't ask my professor about that.:giggle:

That actually means that the situation is worse than I thought. PG&E is cheaping out and not spending money to maintain their equipment. Half of the deadliest wildfires in California have been caused by PG&E's failures and negligence, its been happening for years now. I doubt that they would be pleased with having to overhaul their entire system with increased safety measures to accommodate for massive output needed to charge EVs since they can't even do it now. They have mandatory power outages now to deal with the issue.