Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Some of you may have seen this already.
Dodge Charger gets the Redeye engine. 797 hp

Dodge Challenger gets a Demon like package (Super Stock) with 18in wheels....bumps output to 807 hp

Dodge Durango gets the Hellcat engine bumped up to 710 hp

Pretty crazy.
Also now the new Challenger Redeye Super Stock is back on top of the 0-60 and quarter mile times.
Beating the GT500 by a couple tenths.

Now Dodge has a four door car that will beat the GT500 in the quarter mile.
Kind of sad.
Now on the road course, we all know Dodge will be back there.......somewhere.
I will say I really like the new Super Stock Redeye.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...r-stock-is-the-most-powerful-american-car.amp

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
...but it’s so ugly. No style at all.
I don’t think they are ugly, but in general they certainly don’t look as nice as a GT500, GT350 etc

Got them tack on fender flares hahaha

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I tend to agree with Keller, Chief. Not a fan of the Charger but the Challenger still brings back memories of the '70 version Challengers and "Cudas. And, it's still a true muscle car, regardless of the transmission, IMHO and there will always be a soft spot in my heart for those. :-)

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
But whatever you do, don't turn left or right going over 50mph.

I do like the looks and style of the challenger.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
Who cares? There is always going to be something faster and better. The vast majority of folks buying these cars are buying the 30-45k versions and not the 70-100k versions. So what does it matter. It is good in the sense that it breeds competition, drives down prices, and the tech. does trickle down to the affordable versions.

If I had a GT500 or Hellcat powered whatever the odds of anyone needing 700HP+...or rather using 700HP+ is so slim.

Bugs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 1965 Mustang Fastback Restomod in GT350 livery
It's amazing how (relatively) inexpensive amazing horsepower has become. It might be hard to translate into acceleration, but it's great for hangin' out the back end and comes with bragging rights. After living through the 70's and 80's, I never thought I'd see another Automotive Golden Age. This is a great time to be a gear-head!

See my Signature for Carroll Shelby's take on the subject.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
One upmanship is good. It forces competitors to leap frog each other which is great for the consumer. Were living through a modern horsepower war and its awesome.
I agree, just to be clear though there is no direct competition for either the charger hellcat or durango hellcat. By the end of this year FCA will have made eight out of the ten 700+ hp vehicles america has made. they also hold the only two over 800 hp. Dodge makes it clear if you want hp they have more than anyone else. Just FYI i'm not a fan of the widebody challengers either. narrow body looks better IMO. I think we should remember Dodge is king of the 1/4 mile and they design cars for that purpose, Chevy and Ford are building world class handing cars with DCTs. It's two different sandboxes, play in the one that you like, don't walk into the other guys side and hate on what he does.

Happy 4th everyone.

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
While I agree the one-upsmanship is good for all of us, I just can't be bothered to care about a car that can't turn. I've owned an R/T Challenger when I was younger, driven a regular Hellcat Charger, and even saw the owner of said Charger almost kill himself trying to pull away from me on a sweeping highway on ramp like a dumbass while I was following in my SS. Felt like chasing down a fumbling toddler.

The old chassis, the weight, the build quality, the inability to put the power down in any trim... all a big yikes from me. For me, it's just Ford vs. GM and if I was forced to drive another FCA product it would be a Trackhawk just for the awd giggles.

But that's just me, I totally get it if you're purely a prepped dragstrip kinda person. And yeah, the DCTs are such a great cherry on top.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
While I agree the one-upsmanship is good for all of us, I just can't be bothered to care about a car that can't turn. I've owned an R/T Challenger when I was younger, driven a regular Hellcat Charger, and even saw the owner of said Charger almost kill himself trying to pull away from me on a sweeping highway on ramp like a dumbass while I was following in my SS. Felt like chasing down a fumbling toddler.

The old chassis, the weight, the build quality, the inability to put the power down in any trim... all a big yikes from me. For me, it's just Ford vs. GM and if I was forced to drive another FCA product it would be a Trackhawk just for the awd giggles.

But that's just me, I totally get it if you're purely a prepped dragstrip kinda person. And yeah, the DCTs are such a great cherry on top.
Just so you know challengers do have steering wheels. the 2019 widebody scat pack pulls, 0.97 g on a skid pad, that's the same as a 2019 gt pp1. Challengers handle very well for a big muscle coupe.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Just so you know challengers do have steering wheels. the 2019 widebody scat pack pulls, 0.97 g on a skid pad, that's the same as a 2019 gt pp1. Challengers handle very well for a big muscle coupe.
They do have steering wheels but most are locked in place hahahahahaha

Also no need for turn signals on a Challenger.