Dodge is killing it for 2021 Redeye vs GT500

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
What car from 2008 still looks as good or better than it did then? Not many cars could keep the same design for 14 years and still look great. I think that’s the point, the challenger looks good because the design is sound. The challenger is a totally unique car. There is no other car that looks like it on sale anywhere in the world from a major auto maker. I read people who say driving a mustang is more fun than a challenger, I read others who have driven both and say the challenger is more fun. I think its about what does it for you, drive the one you like and remember what is the most fun for you may not be for someone else.
Yeah I completely agree. I am a huge fan of that Mopar E-body style, its the best body style ever IMO, and the Challenger is closet we can get to that. Nothing comes close to it. Considering that it has been brought back abruptly in '08 and managed to surpass the sales of the Camaro is an accomplishment that speaks on its own. Clearly Im not the only one who likes that E-body.

There are demons with over 600 passes on the stock diff. 1000 plus on the engine and trans.

When Ford makes a 840 hp car that pulls wheelies and cuts 1.3 60ft times maybe they will have a few blown diffs too. Also the demon in stock form and yes with the crate parts on the car is covered by the warranty even on a drag strip. No mustang or Camaro warranty covers drag racing.
Thats good to know, from what I have read, people suggest getting a brace to prevent the wheel hop. My information is only limited though, I do not know anyone personally that has one, this is all from the internet. Nice to hear that stock Demons are killing it

What about the Redeye and Hellcat? When I was on the forums it was a pretty clear indication that the diff was an issue.

Ford can't even get their 525hp high revving engine right :cwl: I can only imagine the issues if Ford ever did that.

Thats pretty cool that the warranty applies to the drag strip on the Demon. Hopefully the new Super stock will have it too. Im eagerly awaiting to see what the Challenger ACR will be like

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
Yeah I completely agree. I am a huge fan of that Mopar E-body style, its the best body style ever IMO, and the Challenger is closet we can get to that. Nothing comes close to it. Considering that it has been brought back abruptly in '08 and managed to surpass the sales of the Camaro is an accomplishment that speaks on its own. Clearly Im not the only one who likes that E-body.

Thats good to know, from what I have read, people suggest getting a brace to prevent the wheel hop. My information is only limited though, I do not know anyone personally that has one, this is all from the internet. Nice to hear that stock Demons are killing it

What about the Redeye and Hellcat? When I was on the forums it was a pretty clear indication that the diff was an issue.

Ford can't even get their 525hp high revving engine right :cwl: I can only imagine the issues if Ford ever did that.

Thats pretty cool that the warranty applies to the drag strip on the Demon. Hopefully the new Super stock will have it too. Im eagerly awaiting to see what the Challenger ACR will be like
Sadly I doubt the super stock will have a drag warranty. Only the demon and the 392 scat pack 1320 which is basically a baby demon come with that. The 1320 has the demon diff with only 485 hp so I don’t think anyone will tear that up. True the diff is an issue but mostly for modded cars. I don’t know of any stock 707 hellcat on any kind of tire that have blown diffs. I’m sure it’s happened though. Honestly at 797 or 840 or 807 sometimes things break. I have read a lot on the demon forums and most guy says say that wheel hop is what kills the diffs, I know of demon owners who won’t race unless the prep is good. They also say knowing what tire and wheel combo to use helps add life. At the end of the day launching a car hard over and over again is hard on it. Dodges have issues but the driveline is pretty good over all, it’s just the last couple year because of the extreme power they are pushing that a few weak spots have show up.

Edit you are right about the drive shafts honestly they kind of stink at least on some of the Hellcats.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Hey Ice, love your cars and most here (including me) can only have one fun car at a time :crying: So I guess my problem with FCA is the lack of risk when it comes to style from 2009 to today's looks. Forget the engines, no question about the power applied. I just want your opinion on why so little style movement on the exterior? To me it is looking so dated, unimaginative and the only thing good was the wild choice colors.
I know, If it ain't broke don't fix it but Pappy always said "the best time to test new bait is when they are biting".

Good question and I feel there are many answers to your statement. Dodge came out of bankruptcy the last Decade and was forced the hand by the unions to support them and eventually buy their shares to complete the FIAT Chrysler merger as we know it today. Sergio Marchionee the Fiat executive was assigned to run the companies with an incredible amount of debt mostly owed to the unions . And Fiat had huge union problems as well and many idled workers back home. Fortunately the Dodge brand survived when in all reality the Jeep and Ram divisions are the true money makers. And the Chrysler side just keeps poking along and barely at that. Sergio spent his time chasing the money to merge with another manufacturer to no avail upon his death. He knew he needed R&D money badly to design future vehicles to meet stringent EPA guidelines. To the point to this day FCA just buys TESLA emission credits by the hundreds of millions each year to offset non compliance fines levied against them. I feel the Dodge side has been blessed by the good old boys following who wanted these Muscle cars when they were growing up just like me. And the retro style as mentioned just still looks awesome and they do tweak them a bit each year. With the new Peugeot merger in the works I feel a lot is on hold for any major redesigns. Talk has been for the last few years the future Challenger will be a Fiat based platform and then we here it’s still going to be a stand alone platform. And now with Peugeot’s hand in the pot who knows but what we do know the existing platform is probably here till 2023-2024. I know I didn’t give you an exact answer but like you mentioned if it ain’t broke......etc.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford can't even get their 525hp high revving engine right
Forget the fancy-pants 5.2 engine. They can't even get the diff mounting right. Wrong sized hole for the diff bolt, so much rubber the bolts snap clean thru on a Ecoboost car.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
So funny, another post on the Shelby site that belongs on another site. It must be painful to see how long the Mustang has held the #1 spot.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
So funny, another post on the Shelby site that belongs on another site. It must be painful to see how long the Mustang has held the #1 spot.
What?
We all know the Mustang is the best overall.
Dodge however has cool cars also.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
What?
We all know the Mustang is the best overall.
Dodge however has cool cars also.
Agree with that...
I think it would interesting if Ford offered a GT500 Drag Pack. I might consider picking one up.

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
Agree with that...
I think it would interesting if Ford offered a GT500 Drag Pack. I might consider picking one up.
Buy a base GT500, take the money from the handling pack + tech pack and instead buy drag wheels/tires while selling your OEM set and taking out weight you don't want like rear seats... win win? Drag mode launch control with a DCT, drastically limit spin and beat the vast majority of stock or close to stock front engine cars. Best of both worlds. No?

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Buy a base GT500, take the money from the handling pack + tech pack and instead buy drag wheels/tires while selling your OEM set and taking out weight you don't want like rear seats... win win? Drag mode launch control with a DCT, drastically limit spin and beat the vast majority of stock or close to stock front engine cars. Best of both worlds. No?
Taking out the weight is true.
Have a good one.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Meh.. I have driven several Hellcat Challengers and Chargers. Adding more horsepower isn’t really doing much as the car is already overpowered for the tires on the street. Aside from that they are just very large and heavy and don’t handle well, but they have tons of torque and a big and comfortable interior.

Just not my cup of tea.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Some of you may have seen this already.
Dodge Charger gets the Redeye engine. 797 hp

Dodge Challenger gets a Demon like package (Super Stock) with 18in wheels....bumps output to 807 hp

Dodge Durango gets the Hellcat engine bumped up to 710 hp

Pretty crazy.
Also now the new Challenger Redeye Super Stock is back on top of the 0-60 and quarter mile times.
Beating the GT500 by a couple tenths.

Now Dodge has a four door car that will beat the GT500 in the quarter mile.
Kind of sad.
Now on the road course, we all know Dodge will be back there.......somewhere.
I will say I really like the new Super Stock Redeye.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...r-stock-is-the-most-powerful-american-car.amp
And at the end of the day, they’re still Chrysler turds. Go buy one, I’m sure they have a forum out there somewhere.

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
And at the end of the day, they’re still Chrysler turds. Go buy one, I’m sure they have a forum out there somewhere.
If it wasn’t for the Redeye, the GT500 would not be 760hp