Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
CL: As my dear Mom used to tell me, never say "never." :-)

And these days, there's very little that would surprise me in almost any subject area. Sad, really... I miss the innocence of days gone by.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
what next i wonder.
That seems to be the daily question of late, unfortunately and no, I didn't hear about it but once again, it doesn't surprise me. When people start badmouthing historical figures like Honest Abe, I know Hell has gone to the proverbial hand basket.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I can comment on the 2019 Charger Hellcat I had. That car is likely the best all around car I have owned. Super nice on road trips and if someone wanted to run, well, she would run away from them. Plenty of room to bring friends along and a really pleasant car to drive around. When it was time to mash the gas, oh boy, hang on. It is definitely one of my favorite cars I have owned.

Did I mention it would run. At 181 mph no float, not worry about dying, just a bit of wind noise and slight hood shutter. It had pedal left but I decided the roads in Mexico were not the best to try to hit 190 mph. The pic was taken after BTW not during the run. LOL.
IMG_8876.jpg

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
I can comment on the 2019 Charger Hellcat I had. That car is likely the best all around car I have owned. Super nice on road trips and if someone wanted to run, well, she would run away from them. Plenty of room to bring friends along and a really pleasant car to drive around. When it was time to mash the gas, oh boy, hang on. It is definitely one of my favorite cars I have owned.

Did I mention it would run. At 181 mph no float, not worry about dying, just a bit of wind noise and slight hood shutter. It had pedal left but I decided the roads in Mexico were not the best to try to hit 190 mph. The pic was taken after BTW not during the run. LOL.
IMG_8876.jpg
6610 miles looks like you drove it quite a bit.

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)

IMG_8876.jpg
Impressive. Highest number I've ever seen myself was 174 on an equally mexican road in my 17' 2SS, and even that had slightly more room to go. Also super solid, like cutting through the air. If only the 500 didn't have that 180 limiter, not that I've seen anyone hit it yet to really test that out.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6610 miles looks like you drove it quite a bit.
I buy them to be driven. No garage queens or trailer queens. Well cared for but driven and driven hard sometimes.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Did I mention it would run. At 181 mph..
HK: Two things...

1) HS!

2) Having worked in a lab for a tire manufacturer years ago, I learned what heat can do to the compounds in our tires and as much as I like to go fast, I don't believe I would trust any consumer tire at that speed. Just the thought of having a tread sep at one eight oh, ABS's nightmare, gives me the willies (and I don't care what the tire manufacturers claim, either.) :-)

Glad you made it though. :-)

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HK: Two things...

1) HS!

2) Having worked in a lab for a tire manufacturer years ago, I learned what heat can do to the compounds in our tires and as much as I like to go fast, I don't believe I would trust any consumer tire at that speed. Just the thought of having a tread sep at one eight oh, ABS's nightmare, gives me the willies (and I don't care what the tire manufacturers claim, either.) :-)

Glad you made it though. :-)
All things to consider and why I ran up to it and then backed off. I did not stay at that speed. I actually did not know the speed until I checked the history. I was focusing on the road and the last glance down had me at 175 mph. Heat is killer and there is some serious heat build up if those speeds are maintained.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
All true, HK but believe me, that rubber doesn't stay cool and THEN hit "hot" so you were, as my Swabbie friends would say, "teasing the animals." <smile>

Have fun but, be safe out there.

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
I turned in my ‘16 Hellcat Charger with top speed of 178 on the cluster.
My dealer buddy just shook his head.
Very much looking forward to a Redeye Charger down the road.
-J
So how long did it take to reach 174 mph the 500 would be 15 to 20 cars lengths ahead as after a 100 its just as quick as it is 0 to 60.The second thing is it probably take you two football fields to stop at that speed with the small brakes on the dodge the 500 stops as hard at high speed 160 as 0 to 60 I tested this concept at sebring so if going in a straight line is your thing cool but as soon as there some curves the dodge is toast with all the body role and the loose feeling the steering wheel gives The dodge isnt in the same league the 500 and is only compared when driving straight line and even then has problems with grip and getting the tires to not spin

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
So how long did it take to reach 174 mph the 500 would be 15 to 20 cars lengths ahead as after a 100 its just as quick as it is 0 to 60.The second thing is it probably take you two football fields to stop at that speed with the small brakes on the dodge the 500 stops as hard at high speed 160 as 0 to 60 I tested this concept at sebring so if going in a straight line is your thing cool but as soon as there some curves the dodge is toast with all the body role and the loose feeling the steering wheel gives The dodge isnt in the same league the 500 and is only compared when driving straight line and even then has problems with grip and getting the tires to not spin
The Hellcat does not have small brakes.
However the GT500 brakes are quite a bit larger and the car weighs less.
The brakes on the GT500 are one of the coolest things about the GT500.
They are huge!
Glad to hear you are enjoying your CFTP GT500!

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know what, I just realized I was watching an old Top Gear on DVR. Dooh!!!!