Do you drive in quiet mode?

Vics Shelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500 2020 Ford Fusion 2011 Ford Focus
When I first got the car I enjoyed the louder exhaust but now I like the Quiet mode keep in mind Im 59 years old.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
What I’m getting at is once rules are thrown out the window, none of the others apply. So driving without a license is no issue either then. If rules aren’t enforced, people run wild.
Oh, I get it. but at some point, This will have to be addressed, and as the insurance industry starts taking more and more of these un insured wreck claims up the butt, they will push to force the powers to be to crack down on this.
One idea floating around is to allow bonded repo guys to collect revoked tags and get x dollars for each set off the list of revoked tags, wake up in the am to no tags on the vehicle. now what. They going to call the popo and admit to driving on revoked tags for 90 days + and no insurance. Yes, mam, sign here. here is your ticket and court date. have a great day.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The lawlessness, entitlement mentality has 100% fully set in. With a lot of states/governed US cities, most leaders have sworn off the petty traffic crimes (Tags, speeding, reckless driving, even DUI’s, etc) to devote resources to more major crimes, or crimes that aren’t likely to put an officer at risk of a lawsuit.
In nasty suburban areas, it’s a complete shit-show right now. There’s more people driving around with expired tags and uninsured than ever before. All because big-brother is allowing them to.
The tax-paying, hard working Americans that do shit right, and pay their insurance on time, are the ones that are footing the bill. Sucks.
How right you are.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Oh, I get it. but at some point, This will have to be addressed, and as the insurance industry starts taking more and more of these un insured wreck claims up the butt, they will push to force the powers to be to crack down on this.
One idea floating around is to allow bonded repo guys to collect revoked tags and get x dollars for each set off the list of revoked tags, wake up in the am to no tags on the vehicle. now what. They going to call the popo and admit to driving on revoked tags for 90 days + and no insurance. Yes, mam, sign here. here is your ticket and court date. have a great day.
Or they’ll avoid the blowback from the politically correct crowd and just raise rates on the rest of us that do pay the insurance bill every month. They know who the suckers are :cwl:

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Or they’ll avoid the blowback from the politically correct crowd and just raise rates on the rest of us that do pay the insurance bill every month. They know who the suckers are :cwl:
Nah, the court system is a business, with pot, becoming legal in many areas, and other areas looking the other way now even if still illegal. The business will need a stream of cases (income). And the un insured, revoked plates(tags) etc. will fill the gap.
They are just letting out the reel and letting the fish run , then they will "set" the hook.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I get why quiet mode is best for cold starts (especially late night & early morning) but I'm surprised at how many drive in quiet mode any time they're in a residential neighborhood. Even some of the more aggressive setups are pretty tame when cruising at low RPMs without using a lot of throttle to rev the engine, etc. I can't imagine "normal" mode upsetting anyone. Gotta at least let people know it's not a 4 banger. :)

Vics Shelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500 2020 Ford Fusion 2011 Ford Focus
I get why quiet mode is best for cold starts (especially late night & early morning) but I'm surprised at how many drive in quiet mode any time they're in a residential neighborhood. Even some of the more aggressive setups are pretty tame when cruising at low RPMs without using a lot of throttle to rev the engine, etc. I can't imagine "normal" mode upsetting anyone. Gotta at least let people know it's not a 4 banger. :)
When my car first starts up its extremely loud I have a neighbor next door that is elderly and I cant seem to get the car quieter when it first starts up its very loud!

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
:crackup: Most people in Dallas couldn't tell the difference between an ecoboost and a 5.0, let alone know it was a Mustang and not a Camaro.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
:crackup: Most people in Dallas couldn't tell the difference between an ecoboost and a 5.0, let alone know it was a Mustang and not a Camaro.
Well that's pretty sad. :)

Sponsored

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Ford engineering needs to design a quiet “hot key” button on the steering wheel for AE.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
I was recently talking with my agent, who’s also a long time friend.
Apparently .GOV just recently decided that the law the auto insurance agencies followed that allowed them to run a persons credit, has now been cancelled. Apparently it’s another form of profiling, .GOV has decided. So the good credit folks, who did shit right and showed they were responsible by paying their bills on time, no longer can receive discounts based off of their credit score.

So better expect increases over the next few years, to make up for all the shit-birds that will now be receiving discounts, or, I guess
.the same rates as us.
😣

At some point, our kids are going to look at this bullshit and be like “why the F would I do everything right, when there is zero benefit? It just makes my life harder”.

My 13yr old is getting smarter by the day, and I really don’t have any answers for the very smart questions she’s going to be asking me over the next few years.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I was recently talking with my agent, who’s also a long time friend.
Apparently .GOV just recently decided that the law the auto insurance agencies followed that allowed them to run a persons credit, has now been cancelled. Apparently it’s another form of profiling, .GOV has decided. So the good credit folks, who did shit right and showed they were responsible by paying their bills on time, no longer can receive discounts based off of their credit score.

So better expect increases over the next few years, to make up for all the shit-birds that will now be receiving discounts, or, I guess
.the same rates as us.
😣

At some point, our kids are going to look at this bullshit and be like “why the F would I do everything right, when there is zero benefit? It just makes my life harder”.

My 13yr old is getting smarter by the day, and I really don’t have any answers for the very smart questions she’s going to be asking me over the next few years.
Not just auto :wink: Goes for home insurance as well. I have neighbors already getting their renewals and hopefully rethinking some of their strong social justice beliefs.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Not just auto :wink: Goes for home insurance as well. I have neighbors already getting their renewals and hopefully rethinking some of their strong social justice beliefs.
Didn’t even think about the HO insurance as well. That’s just as significant if you have a few properties.
Completely agree with ya. Hopefully this bullshit works itself out in a few years.

đŸ€ž
Sponsored