2018 Mustang GT

RedSangAust

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
I'm a 42 year old guy who got bit by the "fast car" bug over the last two years. Took my time and did much research. I initially settled on a Dodge Charger. I was severely disappointed after about 6 months. So I traded her in on a 2021 GT. So much happier.

But I've noticed, in town when going to or from work, it seems people wanna race off the line at red lights.

And it could be a damn mini van. They still wanna race me for some reason. Does this happen to you guys?

Nick
Its Ok Nick. Dont get Drawn in . There never Gunna Win.. Anyway Have fun. Safe Travels.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
When I had my Race Red 2018 I had a lot of challenges. This Mischievous Purple looks black most of the time and maybe the fact that it's also a vert, I haven't been bothered much.
I had been watching this thread and wondered when someone would pick up on this :like:

Sensible colour + sensible driving + maybe some chrome + maybe a quiet exhaust + maybe a more mature looking driver.

V

Knob head colour + enthusiastic driving + maybe some mods + noisy exhaust + a maybe a ā€˜youngerā€™ guy wearing a beanie and shades.

Yeah, one defo attracts more attention and comes with a higher chance of being a dick head magnet.

I have a direct comparison from commuting in a sportage to being out by myself in the evening - there is a marked difference in how people react to the two cars ā€¦ lol

Mostly good attention (which is nice), some defo not so good (which is ignored) and some that obviously canā€™t compete, but just want to see and hear it go (to which I normally oblige, if itā€™s safe).

Unlike my younger years I can honestly say Iā€™ve not been dragged into anything I shouldnā€™t have done or been uncomfortable with when driving the stang - Iā€™m too old (I wonā€™t say wise !) for that, I have too much desire to keep my car in one piece and three people at home that need me to return safe.

The worst cars I have had for attention were a 89 XR2 (cops, races and on one occasion guns - remember Iā€™m in the U.K.) and a 92 Cosworth (cops and races - on one occasion the offer of Ā£1000).

Thereā€™s always trouble waiting, itā€™s the decisions you make that determine how it unfolds :like:

WD :like:

Sponsored

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
I refuse to entertain the idea of racing between the lights if there are any people or traffic around. Its not worth the risk to nonparticipants

All of my fast driving is done when no one is around or in a controlled environment

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Happened to me several times on my way home from work this afternoon. A Charger RT, Civic Sport and a Honda Odyssey (LMFAO). It was drizzly, foggy and a decent amount of traffic so not sure what they were thinking but I wasnā€™t taking the bait.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've driven Mustangs in Michigan, Indiana, Virginia, Texas, lots of places.

Nope....ya'll are imagining things. Seeing things that aren't there. In particular are "fly-bys".......they have nothing to do with you or your car.
Lol I've lived in a lot of places and it has happened to me quite frequently. GA has a "super speeder law" still doesn't stop them

WERA49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Roush Supercharger Premium 401A
I think most of ya'll are imagining things.
This DOES happen. In the last couple of weeks a guy in a Bentley Continental wanted to go, a Dodge truck guy, WRX dude with a wing and loud exhaust and a black S550 Mustang all wanted to run.

The results...... are not going to be posted on a public forum. :cool:

Keep in mind that my Mustang is a second car. Most of the time it stays in the garage.

Last edited:

speedknot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT 6spd, 2019 GT PP1 A10
Yeah, one defo attracts more attention and comes with a higher chance of being a dick head magnet.

I have a direct comparison from commuting in a sportage to being out by myself in the evening - there is a marked difference in how people react to the two cars ā€¦ lol
Couldn't agree more.šŸ‘ I have to say though, when I had my CTS-V, I think most people thought it was just a "Cadillac", but anyone who loves performance cars, knew the "V" and liked to egg me on. I didn't get nearly the amount of attention with the silver Caddy as I do with the Ruby Red GT.

Sponsored

RSPEK 178

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
MY20 Mustang R Spec
Had a person in a Great Wall SUV yesterday. Totally ignored from my end. If you were to engage i donā€™t think it would be the Great Wall that would be pulled overā€¦? Some people just have a need to be in front irrespective of the ride. Maybe itā€™s the only place they feel a win is possible.. lol

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Lol I've lived in a lot of places and it has happened to me quite frequently. GA has a "super speeder law" still doesn't stop them
What has happened? Everyone in this thread is claiming that "it" happens all the time, but doesn't describe what "it" is.

Driving past you, what ya'll want to call a "fly-by", isn't a challenge to race. It's just someone driving faster than you.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Constantly have "people" with junky cars, or ridiculously low horsepower cars that couldn't get out of their own way, that want to race me, either in my 2019 GT350 (upgraded to 550 hp) or my Corvette C7 Z06 (upgraded to 710 hp). I never waste my time with these fools.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What has happened? Everyone in this thread is claiming that "it" happens all the time, but doesn't describe what "it" is.

Driving past you, what ya'll want to call a "fly-by", isn't a challenge to race. It's just someone driving faster than you.
MAN, You know what it is. I won't mention type of vehicle

Instance 1: on interstate beat up, clapped out thing revving lining up and honking. Making pulls then slowing to match your speed.

Instance 2: soccer mom afraid to pass me no one on the road but her and I. Get to traffic bitch go weaving through traffic like this she a real one. Mind you this is after we've driven at least ten miles together. I could hear her vehicle downshifting trying to get past me. I turn off into an with a chuckle.

Instance 3: red lights they "stage up". I pull off slowly they do, until tires are chirping as they accelerate after they slam the accelerator. Speed limit is 45. šŸ˜‚

Instance 4: I drive to Wally world. There's another V8 type car there. He literally follows me all through town making noise trying to show me "how fast he is"

Now mind you. I've only been back in town since the Christmas break. Lately it's been 60+ degrees with no rain other times it's been šŸŒ§.

This never happens to me on the lonely roads in Illinois.

I did find a "tuned" CTSV in TN on the interstate because it was all clear. So we gave it a little gas.

Now, I'm not a "street race" guy nor am I a proponent of these kinds of straight line contests because the roads are too congested. Interstate may be ok, but that's an iffy proposition with unaware ass drivers texting away.

I always considered road courses what separates fast guys from everyone else. Street shit is all roll of a dice kinda thing.
Sponsored

Last edited: