Sponsored

Do people always wanna race you?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Constantly have "people" with junky cars, or ridiculously low horsepower cars that couldn't get out of their own way, that want to race me, either in my 2019 GT350 (upgraded to 550 hp) or my Corvette C7 Z06 (upgraded to 710 hp). I never waste my time with these fools.
Gas is too expensive to waste on trash cars like that lol.
Sponsored

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
I've visited St. Louis. Also nothing.

I suppose if you drive around to the local cruise spots at midnight, maybe that's when it happens.
I posted this a while back on another topic, and this is only a small clip of it. What this clip doesn't include is a few fly bys after the fact.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Instance 1: on interstate beat up, clapped out thing revving lining up and honking. Making pulls then slowing to match your speed.

Instance 2: soccer mom afraid to pass me no one on the road but her and I. Get to traffic bitch go weaving through traffic like this she a real one. Mind you this is after we've driven at least ten miles together. I could hear her vehicle downshifting trying to get past me. I turn off into an with a chuckle.

Instance 3: red lights they "stage up". I pull off slowly they do, until tires are chirping as they accelerate after they slam the accelerator. Speed limit is 45.

Instance 4: I drive to Wally world. There's another V8 type car there. He literally follows me all through town making noise trying to show me "how fast he is".
None if this is trying to race.

1. Just a generalization, not a specific instance.

2. Has nothing to do with you or your car, has nothing to do with "trying to race". She doesn't GAF about you or your car.

3. Not a specific instance. More generalizing.

4. Your imagination. Had nothing to do with you or your car.

And this is exactly what I mean. Ya'll are looking for behaviors that aren't there. Pure imagination.

Unless the words "let's race" are uttered, no one is trying to race you.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I posted this a while back on another topic, and this is only a small clip of it. What this clip doesn't include is a few fly bys after the fact.

This is exactly my point;

This driver sped up to see your car, see another Mustang. Nothing more. Even slowed down when they got up next to you.

It was not a race, not a "fly by", nor were you challenged to race.

Ya'll are imagining things.

MidnightStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
In the nearly seven years I've owned my Mustang... surprisingly no.
Only four circumstances come to mind:
  • 2017 -- Boosted Civic wanted to race me from a red light (he beat me of course 🤣)
  • 2022 -- Dodge Charger "playfully" racing & cruising with me enroute to Houston... we were both going steadily at 90 to 130 mph
  • 2022 -- Blue Subaru (I think, memory sucks), also "playfully" racing me on Christmas day, enroute back home. We were cruising along at 115 mph, then we did a nice race from a roll at 90 mph.
  • 2023 -- NA, tuned fellow S550, all in black (I think on New Year's!) Wanted to merge onto the highway and he let me in before ripping it (how sweet 😘). Revv'd at me, and we rolled from about 70 to 100. That car freaking flew!
Looking back, I'm jealous y'all had all those encounters!

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

2. Has nothing to do with you or your car, has nothing to do with "trying to race". She doesn't GAF about you or your car.

And this is exactly what I mean. Ya'll are looking for behaviors that aren't there. Pure imagination.

Thanks man I'm glad you was there and I appreciate your opinion with a grain of salt. I'm pretty sure you live to deny other people's experiences.

I've been driving since I was 13 on farm land, got my L at 15 to drive roads. I've lived all over the place, I'm pretty sure i know what it is.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

You act as if words need to be exchanged for something to be legit.

I'm pretty sure there is something called non-verbal communication.

I mean I don't discuss having sex with the wife and we still do it. Pretty sure I didn't discuss having a baby and we have one.

Pretty sure I've been in speed contests with out saying something to the other guy.

GTFOH

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Thanks man I'm glad you was there and I appreciate your opinion with a grain of salt. I'm pretty sure you live to deny other people's experiences.

I've been driving since I was 13 on farm land, got my L at 15 to drive roads. I've lived all over the place, I'm pretty sure i know what it is.
I've made people my study in life, and people see what they want to see, not reality.

I've driven for 37 years myself, the last 12+ in Mustangs, and lived across 3 states. Including Michigan and the Detroit area including Woodward Ave. Not once has a random, un-known driver challenged me to a race at a light, or on the street.

And only once did a friend with a Camaro challenge me IRL, to my face, while we were drinking a few beers.

When someone says "let's race" then it's a race. Otherwise, it's your imagination.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
You act as if words need to be exchanged for something to be legit.

Pretty sure I've been in speed contests with out saying something to the other guy.
Yes, they do.

"Pretty sure" is guessing. Assuming. Believing what you want something to be.

None of which means you were ever challenged to a race.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes, they do.

"Pretty sure" is guessing. Assuming. Believing what you want something to be.

None of which means you were ever challenged to a race.
No man.... You must be an denier.

It's ok if you are but your opinion is just that, not fact. I see you don't have anything to say for non-verbal communication except some snarky forum bullshit that furthers my point about you.

You can deny everyone's experiences in here today but it doesn't make it your opinion fact.

Sponsored

PetulantSenior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Just to put this all in context, I'm 68.
Since I removed the strips the challenges have subsided about 40%.
However, the other day when the weather was dry I was driving up coast highway north of Leucadia when a MINI came up on me fast and the slowed down, stopped next to me at the light. He was doing the normal "let's go" stuff. Green and off he went. I didn't and when we came up the the next light I pointed and he rolled down the passenger window. The conversation went something like this:
Me - hey I really like your car
MINI - yeah I really like yours too
Me - my mom has one just like it
Light goes green and I buried him

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
No man.... You must be an denier.

It's ok if you are but your opinion is just that, not fact. I see you don't have anything to say for non-verbal communication except some snarky forum bullshit that furthers my point about you.

You can deny everyone's experiences in here today but it doesn't make it your opinion fact.
I don't have to "deny everyone's experiences in here today". Not one person has provided a genuine example of being challenged to a race.

And that's not opinion, that's fact.

As far as your stuff about "non-verbal communication", it has nothing to do with being challenged to a race. You either are challenged to a race, or you are not. To be challenged to a race requires direct, unequivocal communication.

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don't have to "deny everyone's experiences in here today". Not one person has provided a genuine example of being challenged to a race.

And that's not opinion, that's fact.

As far as your stuff about "non-verbal communication", it has nothing to do with being challenged to a race. You either are challenged to a race, or you are not. To be challenged to a race requires direct, unequivocal communication.

And it's also your attempt at a straw-man argument.
Pretty sure everything you said is an opinion. And yours isn't a popular one at that.

Go on deny more, must be a miserable experience of life needing everything to be spelled out for yourself.

Lol 😂 let me get this total stranger to pull over to go over the agreements of this illegal street race....