Sponsored

Do it stay or do it GO?

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
Hummm, I wonder if, and this would be a pretty big IF, the leg cramping would be caused by footwear choice.
In the summer I would have been wearing more of a lightweight tennis/running shoe. This trip I wore Dr Martens going and Cole Haan leather boots on the trip home.
drink more water
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone is different. Any beyond physical issues / injury being the issue, I can tell you this. I have the base cloth seats. I have no issues driving until I have to stop for gas, and I've done runs from VA to FL with zero issues and I'm a fairly large person at 6'3" 230lbs. My GF actually traded in her Lexus for a '17 EB Premium convertible after riding in my car to FL. She has the leather premium seats. She's fine with them (5'3 115lbs) but they are definitely not as comfortable for me. YMMV

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Right leg? I'm guessing you sit on your wallet while driving long distance?

I use to until I had similar issues. Trying taking everything out of your pockets before the beginning of the trip and don't lean on a certain side (i.g.: against the center arm rest or the door card arm rest).

Sponsored

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
Right leg? I'm guessing you sit on your wallet while driving long distance?

I use to until I had similar issues. Trying taking everything out of your pockets before the beginning of the trip and don't lean on a certain side (i.g.: against the center arm rest or the door card arm rest).
Exactly.

And ditch the big giant wallet .You are neither a pack mule nor a woman. You don't need all that crap.

Get a cell phone app like google pay and move all your frequent .buyer cards to your phone.

All you really need on your hip is a drivers licence, concealed carry hand gun permit, a credit card or two, $20 bucks and an insurance card.

Ditch the rest.
20190219_133533.jpg

OP
OP
jonrjen

jonrjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Premium GT, 2013 Taurus SHO, F-350 Crewcab FX4 Lariat 4x4
Lots of good suggestions given here, and much appreciated.

The wallet in the rear pocket is an often over looked cause for driving discomfort in different vehicles. I kept my wallet in my back pocket up until 9 months ago. Since then it has been a front pocket small magnetic money clip style with CC holders combination.

As for drinking enough water/fluids, that I am guilty of.

Pinched nerve or back out of wack I guess it could have been, but it only hurt when in the GT. No issues in my F350 or the SHO.

My solution was:

DSCN1253.JPG
DSCN1247.JPG

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Of course...you kept the Mustang though. :like:

OP
OP
jonrjen

jonrjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And I want to add, I'm having a ball driving it!!! I feel much more connected to the ST than what I did with either of the S550 style Mustangs.

They say that there is no real accounting for taste, which must hold some merit. Many at the dealership where I trade are still shaking their heads in disbelief.....LOL!!!

OP
OP
jonrjen

jonrjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
It doesn't matter if you are an Olympic athlete or a fat-ass, sitting hours on end in the same position is terrible for you. Ideally, you should be taking a break to stretch and walk around for a few minutes every couple of hours(2-3). Those aches are a reminder to take care of your body because you only have 1 in this world.

Having a supporting device for your body is in supplement to taking breaks, not a replacement for. The people who say they don't have time will have lots of problems later on in life. Just saying...

GasPedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
I drove for 8+ hours straight without any rest breaks in mine when I picked it up from a dealer and regularly do 3 hour trips in it without stops.

I think the most important thing is adjusting the seat and steering wheel - since I got the car I've been having pains in my right ankle and knee which I think is from being tall and turning my leg sideways when I go to brake in rush hour traffic. I try to be mindful and shift my whole leg over to keep it straight when on the brake for an extended period of time.

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
you must be getting old man. Like someone else said drink some water and eat a banana every once in awhile. The seats in the two cars are the same. And I doubt an allergy to leather is causing your leg cramps..

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
Lots of good suggestions given here, and much appreciated.

The wallet in the rear pocket is an often over looked cause for driving discomfort in different vehicles. I kept my wallet in my back pocket up until 9 months ago. Since then it has been a front pocket small magnetic money clip style with CC holders combination.

As for drinking enough water/fluids, that I am guilty of.

Pinched nerve or back out of wack I guess it could have been, but it only hurt when in the GT. No issues in my F350 or the SHO.

My solution was:

DSCN1253.JPG
DSCN1247.JPG
Nothing wrong with the hot hatchbacks. I wouldnt trade a GT for one but if i were looking for something for the city where all the narrow roads are and where people are going to ding your car doors to heck etc, a hot little hatchback is where it is for those.

Stuff like the GTI, Focus and there used to be a supued up mazda in that class as well.
Sponsored