Sponsored

DIY Trunk closer

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Hey [MENTION=14447]Centurion07[/MENTION], if you're using one of mine, shoot me a PM. There's an install guide on the SCS store thread, if you hadn't seen. That fastener is 2 pieces. You need to insert the bottom piece through the strap grommet and then into the trunk hole. It will fit easily and loosely. Then you insert the top fastener piece - it's going to be snug, that's by design. You'll be able to insert it about halfway with your thumb and then you'll need a rubber mallet to tap it in the rest of the way. I promise it works, I've installed a half dozen myself.

If you boned the fastener just let me know and I can send you a new one.

Edit: Check post #4
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32187

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
No worries. I sourced another fastener as it just seemed like there was no way it was going to fit. It didn't even occur to me to get hammer on it as I just thought it would REALLY screw it up.

Strap itself is great though.
Sponsored

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
[MENTION=17025]OySmallFry@SCS[/MENTION] You polished my down and dirty ghetto mod and took it to a whole 'nother level, worthy of the Mustang, good work! What do you think about throwing the instigator a bone(or a 'remove before flight' strap)? ;)

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
[MENTION=17025]OySmallFry@SCS[/MENTION] You polished my down and dirty ghetto mod and took it to a whole 'nother level, worthy of the Mustang, good work! What do you think about throwing the instigator a bone(or a 'remove before flight' strap)? ;)
Haha, I'd be happy to my man. It was a great idea. Shoot me a PM

Slyfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 2015 mustang
Ordered one on Jan.20th and haven't received it yet. Anyone else not get there's? Have sent 2 e-mails for a ship date and have had no response.

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Ordered one on Jan.20th and haven't received it yet. Anyone else not get there's? Have sent 2 e-mails for a ship date and have had no response.
Sorry bud, I'm literally packing orders right now. Had to get more trunk kit materials. Only reason I haven't responded to emails. Sorry about that. Should be out in the next two hours. Shoot me a PM with your order number if you like and i can confirm yours is packed.

Sponsored

Ramen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Friggin genius! Just placed my order.

For folks removing a strut - any reason to pick one strut over the other?

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I removed the one furthest from the strap to prevent any twisting of the lid as it overcomes the remaining strut.

Then I reinstalled it as once it has the tiniest bit of momentum it slams shut rather than gracefully closes. So I just use the strap to lower the lid enough to get my hand on the top now.

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Friggin genius! Just placed my order.

For folks removing a strut - any reason to pick one strut over the other?
I would remove strut farthest from strap(strap on drivers side remove passenger side strut) I don't think it's that critical as you don't have to use much force at all when you close the trunk with one strut removed.

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I removed the one furthest from the strap to prevent any twisting of the lid as it overcomes the remaining strut.

Then I reinstalled it as once it has the tiniest bit of momentum it slams shut rather than gracefully closes. So I just use the strap to lower the lid enough to get my hand on the top now.
lol I've got it figured out...finally. Much like closing the hood, I'll pull the truck down a little over half way then let it go. No slam, just a nice solid "thud" of the trunk closing.

Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
If you are like a lucky few of us and have the mysterious trunk lid ridge dent/ding, it makes for a great place to place your palm and slam the damm thing shut !.um hum

Last edited:
OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
[MENTION=17025]OySmallFry@SCS[/MENTION] Did you ever get 'remove before flight' straps back in stock?
Sponsored