Sponsored

Disappointed in pricing?

genericuser1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 M3 convertible
This thread has the feel of old men saying "Well back in my day gas was a quarter and bread cost a nickel!"
Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
This thread has the feel of old men saying "Well back in my day gas was a quarter and bread cost a nickel!"
Grrrrrrr! I'm an old man to most of you and I remember when both gas and bread were $1 and wages were $3.15/hr. The good old days weren't always good and tomorrow isn't as bad as you think it will be.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Actually, speak of the devil, but I'm leaning towards the new challenger now all of a sudden, the refresh really addressed all the issues I had with the original with its cheap looking interior
Enjoy your Challenger. Hope the sight of those tri-bar tail lights always ahead of you doesn't get too old. :ford:

;)

mustanghobo

Threads
Reaction score
Enjoy your Challenger. Hope the sight of those tri-bar tail lights always ahead of you doesn't get too old. :ford:

;)

haha, i'm not getting it to race every schmuck on the street. I'm getting it because after looking at what both are bringing to the table, the only plus about the mustang to me is the more powerful engine.

I prefer the interior, the 8 speed trans, the revised exterior, literally everything more than the new mustang. I used to knock the challenger for being bloated and a land yacht, but in reality it'll meet my needs more, larger legroom in case i have a kid later down the line, i won't have to get a truck or suv to fit my kid in the back after a few years. Horsepower and racing isn't everything for me, if it was i'd be pricing a used cobra.

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
Probably should change your name to Challyhobo, don't ya think?

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
i was a bit disappointed at first with the GT entry price but only because I wished somehow the GT would've been 30k even and include leather racing gloves, and a cool leather jacket for the ladies to admire.

I knew full well it wouldn't be priced unbelievably and comparable to the other cars in its price range, subaru sti, v8 camaro, challenger etc. Actually, speak of the devil, but I'm leaning towards the new challenger now all of a sudden, the refresh really addressed all the issues I had with the original with its cheap looking interior

The Mustang is cheaper than all the cars you listed save possibly the Challenger.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Anybody else disappointed in the prices?

I was thinking I would be able to get a base EB with PP for 27K, but looks like it will be 29K or over 30K with tax. The GT's are near 40K or more.

I know they are better cars every year and that's why the price keeps going up, but at what point will the majority of people start getting priced out? I bought an 03 Mach 1 for 29K, now, about ten years later a base 4 cylinder is more:crazy:

They are advertising base Camaro 6 cylinders here in my area for 20,400 dollars right now. Do you think this is going to affect sales to the non diehard mustang fans when they can get a base Camaro for 20K and the base Mustang I4 is 27K.

I just hope the I4 at least outruns the Camaro for that kind of money.
A GT premium base is only 36100 at MSRP I am getting the Mustang GT Premium with 401a, Performance PKG and enhanced security for 39097 with an x plan then of course TT&L after that will be right around 41k

Seeing that you have a base with a PP is a huge difference even for a GT For a base GT with PP is right around 31k or so

mustanghobo

Threads
Reaction score
Probably should change your name to Challyhobo, don't ya think?
I kind of already have on the challengertalk forum, its challengerhobo there, lmao.

I intend on keeping both names due to still being a "hobo" and not owning/leasing either car yet.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
i was a bit disappointed at first with the GT entry price but only because I wished somehow the GT would've been 30k even and include leather racing gloves, and a cool leather jacket for the ladies to admire.

I knew full well it wouldn't be priced unbelievably and comparable to the other cars in its price range, subaru sti, v8 camaro, challenger etc. Actually, speak of the devil, but I'm leaning towards the new challenger now all of a sudden, the refresh really addressed all the issues I had with the original with its cheap looking interior
Yeah now it gets to share more with the Charger. There's just such better quality with a proven platform that has barely changed since 2008 right? Be ready for the Doors to Rattle by 10k miles and the Boston Acoustic II/I system speakers to eventually rattle, oh the sunroof too there's also a nasty rattle behind the dash that most owners have to hunt down . Since none of that is changing.

Also the Wheel Hop is teeth shattering. The Automatics have a chance for timing chain failure, there is a trunk monkey over harsh bumps, the paint is a half a coat thick, the performance pack brakes will squeal from day one and if you get the standard brakes good luck....hmm what else in my short 17k miles of ownership (mine had 5k on the odometer on purhcase)...btw mine was built during the "Pride Years" (08-09) Now the quality control is really hit or miss.

Oh where was I. The body panels are about 50% thinner then the thinnest of thin ever allowed to be thin on a car. Literally don't let someone gaze at it too long it will dent. Have fun trying to explain to people that the Challenger is a mid muffler design. Oh if you buy a Hemi it will eventually start doing a "Hemi Tick" while idling and it gets louder with age and no amount of fluid or tinkering can fix it. Dodge deems it "Within Standard"....You have a 90% chance of the drivers side window making an annoying wind sound. the plastic trim on the door will crack within the first 10k miles. Also the rocker panels have a 80% chance of cracking. Don't let any mechanic put it on a lift because it will deform the rocker panels.

Did I mention the Wheel Hop? oh eventually the rear end will whine while in gear cruising on the highway. You will need to buy a skip shift eliminator or the transmission will try and kill you...make sure to get a catch can because the thing breaths oil. No MAF due to using the older IAT sensor. Did I mention none of this is being touched for the Refresh?

That's all for now since I'm sure I've missed a bunch but folks the grass is not greener. The Hemi sounds great and the instant TQ is really fun but it has no top end unless you get the SRT8 which then you might as well burn your wallet. Dont get me wrong I love my Challenger and will miss it but don't be fooled by the 2015 Refresh. If you want the Challenger wait until they upgrade the entire platform.:threadjacked:

Sorry just had to say that I Digress lmao

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
^ That. Was. Epic! ^

Sponsored

mustanghobo

Threads
Reaction score
Yeah now it gets to share more with the Charger. There's just such better quality with a proven platform that has barely changed since 2008 right? Be ready for the Doors to Rattle by 10k miles and the Boston Acoustic II/I system speakers to eventually rattle, oh the sunroof too there's also a nasty rattle behind the dash that most owners have to hunt down . Since none of that is changing.

Also the Wheel Hop is teeth shattering. The Automatics have a chance for timing chain failure, there is a trunk monkey over harsh bumps, the paint is a half a coat thick, the performance pack brakes will squeal from day one and if you get the standard brakes good luck....hmm what else in my short 17k miles of ownership (mine had 5k on the odometer on purhcase)...btw mine was built during the "Pride Years" (08-09) Now the quality control is really hit or miss.

Oh where was I. The body panels are about 50% thinner then the thinnest of thin ever allowed to be thin on a car. Literally don't let someone gaze at it too long it will dent. Have fun trying to explain to people that the Challenger is a mid muffler design. Oh if you buy a Hemi it will eventually start doing a "Hemi Tick" while idling and it gets louder with age and no amount of fluid or tinkering can fix it. Dodge deems it "Within Standard"....You have a 90% chance of the drivers side window making an annoying wind sound. the plastic trim on the door will crack within the first 10k miles. Also the rocker panels have a 80% chance of cracking. Don't let any mechanic put it on a lift because it will deform the rocker panels.

Did I mention the Wheel Hop? oh eventually the rear end will whine while in gear cruising on the highway. You will need to buy a skip shift eliminator or the transmission will try and kill you...make sure to get a catch can because the thing breaths oil. No MAF due to using the older IAT sensor. Did I mention none of this is being touched for the Refresh?

That's all for now since I'm sure I've missed a bunch but folks the grass is not greener. The Hemi sounds great and the instant TQ is really fun but it has no top end unless you get the SRT8 which then you might as well burn your wallet. Dont get me wrong I love my Challenger and will miss it but don't be fooled by the 2015 Refresh. If you want the Challenger wait until they upgrade the entire platform.:threadjacked:

Sorry just had to say that I Digress lmao
Sorry, i'm still unchanged in my preference.

When all the problems you listed show up on the '15 refreshed model, I'll thank you and give you props. However, how does the transmission problem carry over if its a completely different 8 speed now? And with new body panels how do you know they're the same thickness. In fact, how do you know what minute updates they've made to the body, windows, trunk, etc since you bought one back in '08?

I have a feeling challenger enthusiasts will debunk some if not all of the negatives you listed. All major vehicles have their share of lemons and gremlins, it very rarely happens to a majority of them. But I will research all of these claims now that you've got me thinking.

I'm sure the '15 mustang will be the most problem free ford vehicle ever produced in the history of automobiles.....

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Sorry, i'm still unchanged in my preference.

When all the problems you listed show up on the '15 refreshed model, I'll thank you and give you props. However, how does the transmission problem carry over if its a completely different 8 speed now? And with new body panels how do you know they're the same thickness. In fact, how do you know what minute updates they've made to the body, windows, trunk, etc since you bought one back in '08?

I have a feeling challenger enthusiasts will debunk some if not all of the negatives you listed. All major vehicles have their share of lemons and gremlins, it very rarely happens to a majority of them. But I will research all of these claims now that you've got me thinking.

I'm sure the '15 mustang will be the most problem free ford vehicle ever produced in the history of automobiles.....
The transmission problem was for the manuals.

The body panels are the same...the same they were for 08-10 and 11-14. The panels are not new. They changed the hood design and redesigned the plastic front bumper and grill and the rear end all the rest is the same thin metal body. I'm on Challengertalk with numerous threads discussing most of these problems and troubleshooting with others to fix them....I'm not being a troll or a fanboy. Hell I even helped spearhead modding the 392 Half Covers for the 5.7L Engine.

I don't care what you buy. You couldn't pay me to make that stuff up. Its common problems with the Chalenger.

ANYWAYS Enjoy your Wheel Hop.
Sponsored