Sponsored

Detailing & paint protection

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Washed my car saturday, and this morning first thing.
2 hours later and this is a dirt magnet
pollen? I came back to this look the other day on my fiesta. I do wonder if wiping with a mf cloth makes the metal static and attracts all the dust/dirt/pollen.
Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Dusty - and maybe static isn't helping.

Black is just like that though! Still looks "clean"...

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surrounded by fields, I had it last year when they ploughed them.Going to body shop this afternoon to see about that twig mark along the side, hopefully they can Polish it out.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
My wife works on a farm; the lorries stir up the soil as they drive by. I wash, polish and wax her car at the weekend and Monday evening it's either filthy or covered in dust. I bought a Rupes polisher for twig marks - works a treat (obviously re-polish/waxing afterwards).

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Dusty - and maybe static isn't helping.

Black is just like that though! Still looks "clean"...
Dust? In the U.K.? Are you serious? :bolt:

Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't trust myself lol, I'd go right back to the primer!

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
Glad I'm not the only one suffering with dust/pollen at the moment. Even though my car spends most of its life either in a garage at home or underground car park at work, it's still covered in dust!

Going to test on my new pressure washer and snow foam lance on it this weekend. That should sort it!

JustGav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Euro Spec 5.0
I can highly recommend chemical guys P40 as a QD for getting rid of dust, however if you are going to do it without a wash be careful, I personally am not a fan of 'waterless' wash, however a quick mild wash with something like dodo shampoo and then a QD does yield a nice gloss on my black car.

Last edited:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Question chaps; my gf just had her car "cleaned" at the local tesco, where they also attended to the interior plastics. Whatever the fuck they used, its left the whole interior greasy and horrible. This stuff of course gets on to your hands, touch the paintwork and you would think someone has rubbed it down with a kfc bucket meal. Nedless to say she wasnt impressed and wont be going back there. Not a great job cleaning either. Anyway, anyone know what this stuff is? And how to remove it? I suggested just to wipe down with some baby wipes as i have used them in the past...

Sponsored

JustGav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Euro Spec 5.0
Baby wipes FTW :)

Worst case I always have some isopropyl alcohol handy just in case

OP
OP

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Nissan 350Z
Question chaps; my gf just had her car "cleaned" at the local tesco, where they also attended to the interior plastics. Whatever the fuck they used, its left the whole interior greasy and horrible. This stuff of course gets on to your hands, touch the paintwork and you would think someone has rubbed it down with a kfc bucket meal. Nedless to say she wasnt impressed and wont be going back there. Not a great job cleaning either. Anyway, anyone know what this stuff is? And how to remove it? I suggested just to wipe down with some baby wipes as i have used them in the past...
Loudwater one as you're Wycombe based?
I feel your pain - I hate hate hate that greasy silicon or whatever it is based shite.

But as above, baby wipes do work!

OP
OP

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Nissan 350Z
There some great info in this thread, thanks to all!

For me, my car has arrived and the dealership won't let me get it detailed there pre-delivery so I need to take it elsewhere.

I've had some good recommendations of places over Guildford way (dealership location), but as it is being done post delivery I am not so restricted geographically - does anyone know any good detailers / paint protection folks in the High Wycombe / Maidenhead / Slough / Aylesbury etc area?

Dkar26

MaxPower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium

Armor All (here in the states) is the greasiest

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Loudwater one as you're Wycombe based?
I feel your pain - I hate hate hate that greasy silicon or whatever it is based shite.

But as above, baby wipes do work!
Nope - Newbury. Work and girlfriend are here so this is where i spend most of my time!

Yea knew i wasnt crazy with the baby wipes. They do work a treat :)
Sponsored