Sponsored

Detailing & paint protection

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
PPF or "clear bra" is one of the best things out there other than ceramic coating.
Sponsored

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Seems common on here - Mustangs have to go through a lot before getting to us, so I'd definitely recommend it. I paid £400 and the chap said it was actually very good - far better than most cars he gets (he called Audi out as an example of poor). Mine is ceramic coated. Done last October - have yet to wash it :p

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
If it stops the Acid Rain then its worth it
I paid £100 to get mine done, but not as good as the film. but never had it done on the S197, so was not sure about spending £500 on something i had heard very hit and miss reports about
for me the Acid Rain is a killer worse then bird poo,
but I suppose for cars that are left out in the elements it does make more sense, like mine :frusty:
But for garaged cars is it really worth it?
in the next few months mine shall be going underground out of the elements

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Looks scary going on
FullSizeRender.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Nissan 350Z
I'm coming round more and more to getting it detailed / corrected and ceramic coated at the dealership (assuming I can) before collection.
From the ones I've looked at so far near the dealership (Guildford) Autocurators look good!

Thanks for all the info guys - love this forum!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
There are plenty of guys on here who have had this done (I had it done on my S197) and it's WELL worth it. No only will your car shine BETTER than new, the protective coating means it'll last......as long as you maintain it properly....and by that, I mean use a "safe wash" process.

Pay a visit to Nick and Detail My Car in Newbury. He's worked on what must be over a dozen S550s now, many of them belonging to members here :)

He'll happily talk you through the process and what's required to maintain it. He's also someone you can trust with your pride and joy....that was a very important consideration for me.

https://www.facebook.com/Detailmycar/

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
I think it's pretty safe to say that all of these professional detailers have an eye for perfection that we can only dream about and they spend hours and I really mean hours on the cars to prepare them. I think mine was 30 hours plus the time to put the film on. I'd never spend 30 hours washing my car!

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB

Sponsored

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Hahahah. lol, there's always one. Two bucket method, good man!

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
I had Diamondbrite process applied to my car by the dealer before delivery. I had no complaints at all about the paint on collection. They claim you never need to polish it just use their shampoo & use conserver. You can get the two part treatment pack of ebay & do it yourself.

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
I tend to be very old school detailing on cleaning cars......I used to do serious concours (over it now, don't worry) but I still use machine polishing and all sorts of nano / hybrid waxes etc. I think the ceramic coats are very good for those that just want to wash and be done. Sadly I find the whole process enjoyable so spend hours doing maintenance ..but one day when I don't then ceramic will be for me and what I have seen they really retain the shine well.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I tend to be very old school detailing on cleaning cars......
Same. Must be a Magnetic thing :D As tempting as the ceramic coating is and i bet its well worth the investment, i really enjoy the process, find it a very satisfying thing to do. Even though i know its never going to be as good as having it done professionally.

Spent 6 hours detailing my fiesta on thurs, it got a clay bar, polish and wax. Stopped half way through to have a sandwich and a beer in the sun :) Music on all day as well, great fun!
IMG_9897.jpg

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
I'm no different but I got the ceramic coating not knowing it meant I wasn't going to be polishing the car myself! However, I do have to keep 3, sometimes 4 cars clean so I can do without losing my entire weekend to the polish demons in my head ;)
Sponsored