Sponsored

Detailing & paint protection

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
You just have to become one with the swirls unless you want to spend at least 4K more on PPF/clear bra.
Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What's your washing method mate? Might be something you can tweak to help. Black is a bitch to keep clean. I had a black Megane RS and hated it.
Hose it down, snow foam, leave for a bit, hose that off, then wash with 2 buckets as normal ,hose it off again, dry it off, then do wheels seperate.I don't see how those grit guards work but I use them anyway. Got to get it looked at anyway because of that poxy twig mark down the side that I did on Friday. :mad:

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
;)
You just have to become one with the swirls unless you want to spend at least 4K more on PPF/clear bra.
No thanks that's half my supercharger money, sod the swirls

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Hose it down, snow foam, leave for a bit, hose that off, then wash with 2 buckets as normal ,hose it off again, dry it off, then do wheels seperate.I don't see how those grit guards work but I use them anyway. Got to get it looked at anyway because of that poxy twig mark down the side that I did on Friday. :mad:
Can't really do much more than that. Maybe look at changing your wash mit for something else? I use the Adams wash pad and highly rate it. I now also use a leaf blower to dry thus stopping me touching the paint any more than I have too. But that can be a bit overkill in some people's eyes

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Can't really do much more than that. Maybe look at changing your wash mit for something else? I use the Adams wash pad and highly rate it. I now also use a leaf blower to dry thus stopping me touching the paint any more than I have too. But that can be a bit overkill in some people's eyes
I think the great thing about the leaf blower would be it finds the hiding places where the water hides, then decides to run down the car after you have dried her :frusty:
and for £50 a lot cheaper then i expected, my big bugbear was water spots, but have 2 different items that gets rid of water spots very easy now
mine is not perfect by a long way, does have a few scratches, but don't have any swirls,

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Water spots, a detailed recommended me a special kind of purifier (same thread where [MENTION=20439]Jimboy2[/MENTION] introduced you to the leaf blower Larry - on SMUK), that you run your tap/wall water through and it purifies it leaving no water spots. Looked relatively cheap at around 20-80 depending on how big you want the purification tank.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Water spots, a detailed recommended me a special kind of purifier (same thread where @Jimboy2 introduced you to the leaf blower Larry - on SMUK), that you run your tap/wall water through and it purifies it leaving no water spots. Looked relatively cheap at around 20-80 depending on how big you want the purification tank.
its an RO unit (reverse osmosis :) ) makes the water really soft by removing all the shit out of it so its pure h2o if you know anyone with a marine fish tank they'll probably have one or any aquatics shop should sell you about 25 litres for about £2.50

Failing that http://www.osmotics.co.uk/ but bear in mind an RO machine is quite slow so you'd need a storage container than use pressure washer from the storage tank even with a booster pump you'd never get enough RO throughput to be able to feed a pressure washer. They also ain't cheap :)

You could go the cheap route and use a HMA filter but no where near as good.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
its an RO unit (reverse osmosis :) ) makes the water really soft by removing all the shit out of it so its pure h2o if you know anyone with a marine fish tank they'll probably have one or any aquatics shop should sell you about 25 litres for about £2.50

Failing that http://www.osmotics.co.uk/ but bear in mind an RO machine is quite slow so you'd need a storage container than use pressure washer from the storage tank even with a booster pump you'd never get enough RO throughput to be able to feed a pressure washer. They also ain't cheap :)

You could go the cheap route and use a HMA filter but no where near as good.
Can't remember if it was called that... My head has a 'DI' something in the name :shrug:! Monday morning my memory is awful sorry lol

But yes, in essence it does the same thing, it removes all the chemicals from the water, makes it pure, stores in there, and then you can run the pressure washer from it.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
di = deionised :)
RODI units are about £140 ish filter kits cost about £25 for the prefilters need changing every 6 months, DI stuff is about £20 for a tub which lasts about 12 months and an RO membrane depending on how much use it gets are about £50 and probably need changing once a year on "standard" usage.

kinda pointless using just DI non ro'd water as it still has a high carbonate hardness which is what leaves the water marks.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
di = deionised :)
RODI units are about £140 ish filter kits cost about £25 for the prefilters need changing every 6 months, DI stuff is about £20 for a tub which lasts about 12 months and an RO membrane depending on how much use it gets are about £50 and probably need changing once a year on "standard" usage.

kinda pointless using just DI non ro'd water as it still has a high carbonate hardness which is what leaves the water marks.
Genius ;)! That sounds about right!

I haven't bought one, but jokingly have mentioned it to the parents, which means i'll end up getting one for my birthday... Long gone are the days of toys and stuff for birthdays, I now get car cleaning materials :lol:!

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
its a good call osmotics are one of the best places in the UK you can get cheap amazon/ebay specials but they're crappy built and keep popping orings on them. I've had my 150gallons per day osmotics unit for about 10 years now (marine fish keeper :) ) and its still like brand new just new filters/media whenever needed.

If you want to use it now go buy a 25 litre tub off ebay for like £5 and go to your local aquatics shop get some of their RO/DI :)

Last edited:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
its a good call osmotics are one of the best places in the UK you can get cheap amazon/ebay specials but they're crappy built and keep popping orings on them. I've had my 150gallons per day osmotics unit for about 10 years now (marine fish keeper :) ) and its still like brand new just new filters/media whenever needed.

If you want to use it now go buy a 25 litre tub off ebay for like £50 and go to your local aquatics shop get some of their RO/DI :)
Might have to go on a hunt ;)!

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
I'm a marine fish keeper. Still don't have a RODI filter and I just but my water from Maidenhead Aquatics. But you won't get any sort of pressure using this system.
What you want is a CRspotless system. Not cheap and not looked into if you can get them in the UK but this unit will be enough to clear your water and is designed for car/boat cleaning.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I'm a marine fish keeper. Still don't have a RODI filter and I just but my water from Maidenhead Aquatics. But you won't get any sort of pressure using this system.
What you want is a CRspotless system. Not cheap and not looked into if you can get them in the UK but this unit will be enough to clear your water and is designed for car/boat cleaning.
most pressure washers (certainly Karcher ones) can feed from a drum/tank rather than needing mains pressure.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Washed my car saturday, and this morning first thing.
2 hours later and this is a dirt magnet
20170411_101239.jpg
20170411_101139.jpg
Sponsored