Deep sleep mode

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
So I get a message on Fordpass today that my Mustang has gone into deep sleep mode because I haven't started in a while. I drove it Sunday so 5 days since starting. Just a random question for the group, has anyone noticed how many days it takes for their Mustang to enter "deep sleep" mode? My 2018 F150 I traded for the Mustang had to sit for at least 3 weeks before it would enter deep sleep, seems odd to enter in only 5 days. I do have on battery tender so I am thinking it is a time related issue not a battery low issue.. I hope :).
Sponsored

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
So I get a message on Fordpass today that my Mustang has gone into deep sleep mode because I haven't started in a while. I drove it Sunday so 5 days since starting. Just a random question for the group, has anyone noticed how many days it takes for their Mustang to enter "deep sleep" mode? My 2018 F150 I traded for the Mustang had to sit for at least 3 weeks before it would enter deep sleep, seems odd to enter in only 5 days. I do have on battery tender so I am thinking it is a time related issue not a battery low issue.. I hope :).
Does this help?

Why is my Ford in Deep Sleep Mode?
Deep Sleep Mode is designed to conserve battery power on your vehicle. This setting is activated when your vehicle falls under one of the following conditions:
  • Vehicle is inactive for 14 consecutive days
  • Battery voltage drops below 9.5 volts
  • Extreme cold/hot weather conditions
https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/fordpass/troubleshooting/why-is-my-ford-in-deep-sleep-mode/

OP
OP
skinnyb

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Does this help?

Why is my Ford in Deep Sleep Mode?
Deep Sleep Mode is designed to conserve battery power on your vehicle. This setting is activated when your vehicle falls under one of the following conditions:
  • Vehicle is inactive for 14 consecutive days
  • Battery voltage drops below 9.5 volts
  • Extreme cold/hot weather conditions
https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/fordpass/troubleshooting/why-is-my-ford-in-deep-sleep-mode/
Yeah I guess I didn't do my research. Only 1 of the 3 could be met right now. It gets really hot in my garage in the evenings. Car has only been sitting for 5 days, battery is on a tender so dropping below 9.5 volts is a nope. Just find it odd that my F150 would sit for over 2 weeks and never go to sleep. Of course it sat outside where maybe it wasn't quite so hot...

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Yeah I guess I didn't do my research. Only 1 of the 3 could be met right now. It gets really hot in my garage in the evenings. Car has only been sitting for 5 days, battery is on a tender so dropping below 9.5 volts is a nope. Just find it odd that my F150 would sit for over 2 weeks and never go to sleep. Of course it sat outside where maybe it wasn't quite so hot...
I'd just do a quick double check on the tender cables. When mine was sitting for winter I thought it was odd when I received one of these messages so I went out and looked and one of the cables had come loose (my own fault). After I attached it properly all was good.

OP
OP
skinnyb

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I'd just do a quick double check on the tender cables. When mine was sitting for winter I thought it was odd when I received one of these messages so I went out and looked and one of the cables had come loose (my own fault). After I attached it properly all was good.
I just checked. The tender is hard mounted, the cables are bolted on. I even double checked the voltage just now and it is sitting at 12.5 volts. Just strange to show the deep sleep message so soon. Temp in the garage currently is 94F.

Sponsored

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
It could be that the mustang thermometer just reads warmer than the F-150. It's not too uncommon for my wife's car (CRV) to read 10 degrees cooler than my Charger.

Who knows? I just hope everything is good with your baby

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ford had also released an SSM a while back about the Deep Sleep condition. This was most likely because a lot of newer Ford owners were seeing the message on vehicles not being used during the top of the COVID pandemic.

C6C36681-83AD-4A40-86FA-E1B0C39C9C3C.jpeg

Odox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javier
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I got it this week too. Was only off for like 2 days. Had to jump it.

OP
OP
skinnyb

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
It could be that the mustang thermometer just reads warmer than the F-150. It's not too uncommon for my wife's car (CRV) to read 10 degrees cooler than my Charger.

Who knows? I just hope everything is good with your baby
It's all good so far. I did turn on the ignition for about 90 seconds last night (didn't start the car) to allow the modem to wake up and then checked the Ford pass app and the message went away. Voltage holding steady so I'm not too concerned yet. That's what the 3/36 warranty is ultimately for. I'm going for a long drive tomorrow, then back in the garage for a couple weeks as I am going out of town on business

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
The Mustang has a tiny battery compared to an F-150, so it goes into DS mode earlier to save the charge.

Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
The Mustang has a tiny battery compared to an F-150, so it goes into DS mode earlier to save the charge.
This is how I get mine out of deep sleep.nno need to jump start it.

To turn off Deep Sleep Mode, turn on your vehicle using the push-button start or your key. It may take 20-30 seconds for your modem to reconnect with the FordPass® App.meant to say I start it thru the ford pass app rather than jumping it.mine sleeps once a month and ford pass works every time

Last edited:

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
This is how I get mine out of deep sleep.nno need to jump start it.

To turn off Deep Sleep Mode, turn on your vehicle using the push-button start or your key. It may take 20-30 seconds for your modem to reconnect with the FordPass® App.
Ps remote only came with 401a package

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt PP1 Stage 2 whipple
Mine started did this this week after getting it back from the dealer for a different issue. It has gone in to deep sleep mode twice since I started it Friday. I also got a message on the sync screen to drive so my battery could charge . It never did this before I took it in. My Voltage is also at 12.6 at idle and it fluctuates from 12.5 to 14.5 every 30 to 60 seconds . The service advisor is trying to blame it on my aftermarket sound system but I never had any issues in the past.
Any ideas?

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Temp in the garage currently is 94F.
Obviously you need to get that garage air conditioned!

The service advisor is trying to blame it on my aftermarket sound system but I never had any issues in the past.
Any ideas?
It's your aftermarket sound system.

LOL, I'm only half kidding. Did you install it yourself? Most of those systems have a dedicated "always on" power line and a switched input so that it knows when the head unit/ignition is on to power on the amps and such. If it wasn't done properly, it really could be drawing power when off.

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt PP1 Stage 2 whipple
Obviously you need to get that garage air conditioned!

It's your aftermarket sound system.

LOL, I'm only half kidding. Did you install it yourself? Most of those systems have a dedicated "always on" power line and a switched input so that it knows when the head unit/ignition is on to power on the amps and such. If it wasn't done properly, it really could be drawing power when off.
It's not the system and it does not have a dedicated always on line. A local professional audio shop installed the system. I have a line output converter that turns on when it gets an audio signal, the amp is turned on by the LOC . When the car is off everything shuts down completely after 10 seconds, I verified this several times.
The car is working properly now and keeping a charge after I drove it around for a couple days. My guess is the shop left something on or played my stereo with the car off and drained my battery. It just needed to be recharged . The voltage is now holding steady and not dropping below 13 . Shops always like to mess with my stereo systems. I need to hide a kill switch somewhere.
Sponsored