Sponsored

Deep sleep mode

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
i havent started mine in 2 weeks and just checked and its in deep sleep mode. also hooked up to a trickle charger. i think its just normal behavior.
Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Funny, just after I read this thread it happened.

The car (2021 model w/2300 miles) has been sitting for 10 days, because I bought a new BMW and been driving it. This morning I hop in the Mustang, it's fine, no messages, drove it to work (about 14 miles, mostly highway 70+) parked and locked it. At lunch I went out to the car, and it tells me that it's now in deep sleep mode.

That's just too weird!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
At lunch I went out to the car, and it tells me that it's now in deep sleep mode.
Does it give a message on the dash, or can the "deep sleep mode" message only be seen through the Ford App?

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Ford had also released an SSM a while back about the Deep Sleep condition. This was most likely because a lot of newer Ford owners were seeing the message on vehicles not being used during the top of the COVID pandemic.

C6C36681-83AD-4A40-86FA-E1B0C39C9C3C.jpeg
Mine does it every 4 days 13 hours like clock work. I tend to drive it mostly on week ends.
Hooking a multimeter to the battery it shows 12.5volts. Double checked this with a 2nd m/m .
I have checked the battery voltage before it goes into d/s and right after.
14 days would be nice. lol

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Updated Deep Sleep Mode SSM 51725
IMG_4792.jpeg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Updated Deep Sleep Mode SSM 51725
IMG_4792.jpeg
Thanks for posting this Phil. I am taking my car in on Tuesday morning and I get this message every time I turn the car off, both on the screen in the car and on my FordPass app. Car is only 1 year old and battery voltage on the dash shows between 14.5 and 15.0 when driving. The chimes in start up and the back up sensors do sound different, very 80’s analog sounding if that makes sense.

Dealer is going to hook it up to their draw and amperage testing equipment but I’m hoping it’s just the issue you posted. Can’t imagine the battery is going after just 1 year. I drive it every day more or less so it’s getting charged back up

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
....Car is only 1 year old and battery voltage on the dash shows between 14.5 and 15.0 when driving.....
Yep. It means your battery is very low, and the alternator is struggling to get it charged.

You either have a bad battery, or you need to drive your car more/longer.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Head to auto zone.theyll load test battery and install in 10 minutes. Here's what j bought
$239 600cca
Screenshot_20230923_163544_Chrome.jpg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Head to auto zone.theyll load test battery and install in 10 minutes. Here's what j bought
$239 600cca
Screenshot_20230923_163544_Chrome.jpg
Thanks, I’m trying to avoid buying a battery if I can. My dealer said if the battery is bad they’ll get it replaced under warranty. I am going to make them try the update that Cobra Jet posted above as well. I’m hoping that it’s just that update. Car cranks with no problem and I don’t notice any issues other than the chimes sound different. But that may be a function of the deep sleep mode?

Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Thanks, I’m trying to avoid buying a battery if I can. My dealer said if the battery is bad they’ll get it replaced under warranty. I am going to make them try the update that Cobra Jet posted above as well. I’m hoping that it’s just that update. Car cranks with no problem and I don’t notice any issues other than the chimes sound different. But that may be a function of the deep sleep mode?
My bad didn't notice battery warranty
You could still have them do load test for free.that way if dealer tells you it's not the battery you'll have more info

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My bad didn't notice battery warranty
You could still have them do load test for free.that way if dealer tells you it's not the battery you'll have more info
Good point

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Figured I’d update this thread. Dropped my car off to have it checked out for the Deep Sleep Mode notifications I was getting all weekend (it mysteriously stopped yesterday but I still kept my appointment). The SSM that Cobra Jet posted was the fix as they were getting codes from the TCU when they hooked up the car. They did run all the amperage and draw tests as well just to be sure but everything there checked out. I’m going to pick up the car soon, will post a shot of the service invoice if there’s any additional info there that would be helpful to others. Everything is covered under warranty as well
Sponsored