Deep Sleep Mode

HEP#15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition L0015
I love my GT350 but it is quirky AF between the random noises it makes, messages I get on the FP app, etc. The latest is that I keep getting messages that the car is in Deep Sleep mode and that I need to manually turn on the car to deactivate this mode. Per the FP app, Deep Sleep mode is designed to conserve battery power and is activated when your vehicle falls under the following conditions:
• Vehicle inactivity for 14 consecutive days
• The battery voltage drops below 9.5 volts
• Extremely cold/hot weather conditions

The issue is that none of these conditions are met (battery voltage is 11.7 and I ran, I drove the car 3 days ago and temps have been in the 70s here in central TX) when it does this. I found another post on the internet saying that some 2020 models will also set a warning if the telematic control unit (TCU) has received an automatic over the air update.

This is more of an annoyance than anything else but is anybody else seeing this and can anyone shed some light on why this is happening?
Sponsored

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
Can't speak to a GT350 situation per se, but my '20 GT is behaving similarly based on notifications from the FordPass app. Car is stored in a heated garage (60 F), started once a week, and a battery tender connected, maintaining charge. Beats me what's going on.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I have same warning on my Ford Connect. But my was inactive for around 10 days before warning appeared on FC. My is hooked up to CTEK battery charger too.

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I just got this message tonight for the very first time. I have a 2020 mustang gt, 7400 miles. This is my daily driver, and there was no temperature change. Maybe I received an automatic update over the air?

Zuess765

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I wouldn't worry about it, whether its in deep sleep mode or not, you just get it in it, hit the start button and drive.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I just got this message tonight for the very first time. I have a 2020 mustang gt, 7400 miles. This is my daily driver, and there was no temperature change. Maybe I received an automatic update over the air?

Would not think a DD would see that unless the battery was getting tired.

7400 miles, means nothing how old it the battery ?

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Oh that's easy, just delete the Ford app from your phone :giggle:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the car in Dec 2020, so 10 months old:(

There is some rumbling out here regarding the Ford battery life. Picking up some parts the other day at Ford. Customer was getting a replacement, mentioned it was his third one.

As for driving in and checking the battey. A weak cell will not show itself. Why cause the car had time to recover the charge/top off. 2 ways to diagnosis a weak cell, first way you maybe seeing it now. Second take it in let the dealer have the car for a day or so and check. There is a 3rd, load test douting with todays part swappers that would be done.

Battery should last min 3 years. I'd check warranty, car is not that old. It gets replaced, starts acting up 10 or so months down the road.

Me I'd just buy a battery. Screw the Ford battery, time and hassle not worth the trouble.

Good luck

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
There is some rumbling out here regarding the Ford battery life. Picking up some parts the other day at Ford. Customer was getting a replacement, mentioned it was his third one.

As for driving in and checking the battey. A weak cell will not show itself. Why cause the car had time to recover the charge/top off. 2 ways to diagnosis a weak cell, first way you maybe seeing it now. Second take it in let the dealer have the car for a day or so and check. There is a 3rd, load test douting with todays part swappers that would be done.

Battery should last min 3 years. I'd check warranty, car is not that old. It gets replaced, starts acting up 10 or so months down the road.

Me I'd just buy a battery. Screw the Ford battery, time and hassle not worth the trouble.

Good luck
Thanks for the feedback. I just had the car in for a steering rack replacement. On the paperwork, the battery test came back fine. FYI - Every time I start the car, it fires up fast!
Also, I found this article on here while doing a search:

"Some customers may experience a notification in the FordPassù and/or LincolnWayù apps that indicates their vehicle has entered "deep sleep mode". This mode is enabled due to the vehicle not being started for 14 consecutive days or battery voltage is at/or below 9.5 volts. Some 2020 models will also set a warning if the telematic control unit (TCU) has received an automatic over the air update. The purpose of deep sleep mode is to conserve battery voltage. When deep sleep mode is enabled, the TCU is powered down and all communication with the FordPassù and/or LincolnWayù apps are disabled. To wake the vehicle from deep sleep mode, manually start the vehicle."
Sponsored