Dealership Trust

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
Why am I like this?......My battery was dying on my 2018 350. I purchased the new 350 in April of '20 so that started the warranty clock. I know I could have taken it to a dealership and received a new battery for free. However, I purchased a new one and put it in myself.......Am I crazy????

I don't have a relationship with any local dealership as I purchased my 350 from an out of town dealership. I just don't trust them in general......
Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Are batteries a wear item, or would it be covered under warranty? I legit don't know

Edit: Yes they are a warranty item

Last edited:

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I appreciate the dealership trust thing. But a battery under warranty? Man thatā€™s real distrust.
I donā€™t trust my local dealership that much either but Iā€™d trust them to change a battery under warranty. Nothing special about our cars in this regard.

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
I understand your distrust. Historical data dealing with stealerships and their disservice departments has created that relationship for some. I highly recommend using a battery tender on your new battery. That'll maximize it's life.

Sponsored

passwords

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350R & ā€˜19 ZL1 1LE
It may not be ā€œnormalā€, but I would have done the same thing. Why take the risk? But then again my dealership service experiences have been mostly abysmal.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Iā€™d of done the same. All the time it would take to deal with a hundred dlar item is ā€˜t worth it to me. Not in the slightest.

GT4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K2498; 2014 M-B SLK350; 2010 Maxima SV;
I purchased a new one and put it in myself.......Am I crazy????
Doug: "Cost for a new battery: ~$100. Cost for peace of mind: Priceless."
If you haven't done so already, just be sure your car's BMS (Battery Management System) "recognizes" the new battery, per the owner's manual ref: "Battery Replacement".

I also endorse the comment from John (@Dr. JL) regarding using a battery tender. I use one of the CTEK models on all 4 of my vehicles, plus my lawn tractor, with excellent results.

@Cobra Jet: Thanks for Battery Warranty Adjustment Table. I printed a copy for future reference.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Trust is ALWAYS a relational transaction.

To not trust someone you donā€™t know is carry over from people you do know and distrust.

Sponsored

ZM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Why pay for something out of pocket when youā€™d get it for free. Whatā€™s the worst that can happen šŸ¤Ø

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I took my GT350 in for warranty work a few times, and I was very annoyed when the local dealership put a big ding in the door.

And it had to be the driver's door too, so I got to see it every time I walked up to the car.

Something simple and inexpensive like a battery - yes I totally get doing it yourself.

ZM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The idiot installing it manages to drop it on a body panel

The idiot installing it manages to not properly secure the terminal/battery

The idiot installing it manages to lose clips/fasteners/torque wrenches in your engine bay

The idiot installing it manages to read the wrong work order and instead performs an oil change...to Focus specs

Want more?
Yea I understand it but i mean if you find any damage or anything Iā€™d hope they fix it. The dealership I work at bends over backwards for customers

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Why am I like this?......My battery was dying on my 2018 350. I purchased the new 350 in April of '20 so that started the warranty clock. I know I could have taken it to a dealership and received a new battery for free. However, I purchased a new one and put it in myself.......Am I crazy????

I don't have a relationship with any local dealership as I purchased my 350 from an out of town dealership. I just don't trust them in general......
I appreciate your comments with respect to not trusting your local Ford dealership but was wondering if your local dealership has provided you with terrible service of some nature in the past that has you not trusting them?

It looks like I am the odd guy out on this issue based on me trusting 2 Ford dealerships a great deal that I have worked closely with over the last ~10 years and very sorry to hear all the negativity from many members posts/experiences.

I appreciate your mistrust with your local dealer and if a simple process such as having a battery replaced under warranty is of concern to you I could only imagine your concerns with something of a more significant procedure.

Personally, I go out of my way in order to meet and spend time with the service director and service managers along with the various technicians that work on my cars and yes there has been the odd issue that had to be addressed but nothing that could not be recitified at the end of the day.

To my surprize many of the service directors and managers along with many technicians are avid car enthusiasts and really enjoy working on my cars.

I certainly don't think your crazy at all but would encourage you to give your local dealership a chance unless you have already gone down that road and it did not work out?

Wishing you the best of luck going forward!

:like: :like:
Sponsored