Sponsored

Dealer Complaint. Update - Please delete

• Thread starter Deleted member 35786
  • Start date
  • Watchers 78

Deleted member 35786

[Original Post Removed At Request of Original Poster]

Call the dealer and set up an appointment with the dealership manager to have a sit down. Or you can start with the service manager.. Be professional and explain and show to him/her what happened in detail.
Question is what kind of outcome do you want or expect from this meeting?
BBB would be your next stop if its not resolved... that is if there is an issue.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Don't take it to a dealership for an alignment for starters, or anything except warranty claims for that matter.

I would present that to the service department manager in person.

1st Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If you want to fight them (and I would), it would be prudent to get a bit of legal advise first. An upload to social media may leave you liable for something. If they are a large business, they might be prepared to dig in, lawyer up and outspend you.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Fuck that guy

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Send it to Ford.

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Post it up on social media. Slander his name. Post it here. I hate when dealer employees do that and then he isn't even trying to make it right. Maybe before you do that, consult a lawyer to find out if a lawsuit is possible.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
I would recommend respectful route and dialog. Yeah, I've gone off at the stealership as well and it got me nada. The respectful route has worked and I saw results and in the end received competent service. In the end, even going the respectful route, if the dealer does not respond, post on BBB and dealership customer service board. They feel the pain when you impact there reputation and sales.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
What are you looking to get from them? Cash? What did they break? Not disagreeing with your anger in any way, I'd be pissed too, but what are your expectations here?
He already stated what he wants: to have his car inspected by another dealership and to be reimbursed as he does not have faith in that dealership anymore. Fairly reasonable.

Sponsored

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I’ve seen the bad ones at the dealership as well as private shops, but never had the upper hand. If I had a video I’d want nothing more than to put the name of the dealership and the word Joyride in the YouTube description. I would want to let every future customer know what to expect from their service department. If you are only stating facts I would think there is no slander occurring. But what do I know.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What a shitty service manager.

Before you post anything on social media, present your video to the dealer and if that doesn’t change their tone, go to Ford corporate. The dealer can tell you to pound sand all day but if it goes to Ford corporate they can make the dealer do whatever they see fit to resolve your issue (should they feel the need). If none of that works, BBB. Techs like that should find a job that doesn’t involve serving the public.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Post the video here so we can see the speeding, rowing, slamming, braking maniac, please.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Get some time with the GM, period, the GM only. If they wont set something up with the GM then tell them theyahve 48 hours to make that appointment or it goes viral on social media. be prepared to show the video to the GM.

CycloneRy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
He already stated what he wants: to have his car inspected by another dealership and to be reimbursed as he does not have faith in that dealership anymore. Fairly reasonable.
So how is that dealer going to prove what wear and tear was done by the other dealer vs what was on the car when it was brought in? I would bet the OP drives the car like its supposed to be driven and is just upset someone else was too. If its going to break, you want to be the one who broke it.

So, where do you draw the line? The inspecting dealer tears the tranny down for possibly nothing? The inspection is going to be a very superficial 101-point check... so what. Move on.

Edit: My vote, show them the video. Get the tech shit canned and do the next guy a favor..

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
The problem (or lack of) is that most likely car will be completely fine. I understand why OP is upset (anyone would be), but chances something was broken are rather slim. So question what exactly he wants as a compensation is fair...

(yes I know it will be little more worn than it used to, but it's unmeasurable).
Sponsored