• Start date
  • Watchers 78

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Post the video here so we can see the speeding, rowing, slamming, braking maniac, please.
Any chance of seeing the video? Cannot render judgement without the proof... at least, we should not do so without proof, right?
Sponsored

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Saw these on Amazon, come in sticker and magnet. Might be a good thing to have when you take your car in for service.....
51yUqajFQUL.jpg
That's not consent unless you can prove they read it.
Check the wiretapping laws in your state. Some states are dual consent, some are single.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I was thinking of puting a sign in the windshield that stated “By removing this from windshield you agree to pay the owner of car $500 for every rpm over 4000 rpm.” Something like that would be cool to see work itself out.

CycloneRy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
The BBB is a consumer funded agency. The people you file a claim against can simply pay money to have the negative reviews altered or deleted.

Take the case to your state Attorney General. Go online and file a detailed complaint; times-dates-locations-names etc. They will contact the people in question as well as yourself. In the meantime, go onto the dealerships Facebook and Instagram pages and leave comments alluding to what happened and indicate that you wanted to have the problem resolved but they became hostile etc etc

THEN, take the case to your local news stations. Present a detailed record of all that happened, tell them you're in contact with the state AG, and you're debating pursuing legal action. Usually the station/stations you approach will take the info down and then search social media to see if anyone else has the same complaints as you so they can do a story. That's where your Social Media posts from earlier come in. Usually the news companies contact the dealership etc etc. then you get approached by a dealership employee trying to make it right.

BTDT, best of luck to you
You're making the assumption anyone outside of the OP cares about OP's car. There will be no outrage. No candle light vigil in the Ford parking lot. Any action you take is going to be a tremendous waste of time vs the pay-off.

People advising to seek legal council? Really? There isn't enough meat on this bone to get a lawyer to bite. If you do find one, 90% of the results are going to end up in his/her pocket.

In the future take your money somewhere else and when people ask you about your car at the gas pump, tell them the story.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Did they hurt your car? No, really they did not.

I would calmly give the GM a chance to ‘make it right’ before panning them on the usual review sites, google, yelp, etc, but...

Sounds like you didnt do your research first. Never assume a dealer is any better than any other random mechanic in town. Do your homework and use the best you can find, unless it MUST be a dealer for warranty work, then still do your research and pick the best local dealership you can find.

Sponsored

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
I'm guessing that we don't get to see the video of the Techs egregious behavior... though it would be most helpful to view it.

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
My experience with the BBB (albeit a long time ago):
I bought a new 2007 Corvette with 1 option - polished wheels, All 4 wheels had some major defects in the polishing and the dealer agreed to replace them. The Chevrolet zone rep was an ass-hat and would only authorize repairing the wheels, which meant having my car stuck on a lift at the dealership with no wheels for 2 weeks minimum while they were sent out to be polished. He further stipulated that this was a 1 time fix - if they didn't come back perfect I was stuck with the results. The dealer was as unhappy as me with this solution. They didn't want to tie up a lift for 2 weeks and they really wanted to make good on their promise to replace the wheels.

I appealed to GM corporate and got nowhere. They acted like the zone rep was God. Someone suggested the BBB and I figured I had nothing to lose. Within 48 hours of making a BBB complaint GM corporate agreed to new wheels and a week later they were on my car.

For the OP I think you've gotten good advice here to get with the owner or GM and see what they'll do before going to extremes.

OP
OP

Deleted member 35786

OP has since disappeared from this thread it seems...

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Yep, and with no video evidence posted, he still received plenty of advice. Dox that Tech! :cwl:

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I skipped through the video but only saw one pull to 74 mph. They should be more professional, but how does that entitle you to free replacement of all wear and tear items like clutch, brakes, and tires? If there is any damage they should definitely make it right.

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Send them another letter saying if they choose not to respond you will have no choice but to seek legal advice. You might consider doing that anyway if you believe they have damaged your car. This forum probably isn't the right place to get this kind of legal advice. Not that my lack of expertise will prevent me from offering some... :-)

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
So, where do you draw the line? The inspecting dealer tears the tranny down for possibly nothing? The inspection is going to be a very superficial 101-point check... so what. Move on.
At some point it isn't a matter of "getting something," it's a matter of principle. An inspection may or may not find anything wrong with the car, but it will cost the dealer, and the owner will have made a point.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
That guy should loose his job!
Sponsored