Dealer Complaint. Update - Please delete

Discussion in 'Mustang S550 General Forums' started by bigyzf, Jan 23, 2019.

1. CEHollier

CEHollier Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Charles
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 GT Premium Magnetic
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    Had they ran over a child or other pedestrian I guarantee you and your insurance would be in the lawsuit. Nevermind you were not even in the car.

2. BmacIL

BmacIL Enginerd

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    And more evidence for why I do all my own work except mounting tires on wheels.

jacknifetoaswan and WildHorse like this.
  3. socketman

socketman Active Member

First Name:
    Richard
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT / PP
    0   0   0
    First trip to dealer the tech shut my camera off. Second trip i told them do not touch anything in my car period. Besides camera i have a tracker that i can follow with my phone. Do not trust anyone with your baby.

4. draph

draph Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1
    0   0   0
    If you are going to use video to accuse a dealer of misdeeds before delivering a vehicle back to you at 5pm, don't forget to "fall back" on your video clock. Per the time stamp in the lower left of the video, all that reckless driving was done AFTER 5pm. The saving grace is it's not typical dealer policy to let the owner drive it off the rack and out of the bay. Owners not allowed in the garage for "insurance reasons".

5. DekiDoo

DekiDoo Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT PP1
    0   0   0
    Aaaand this is where I stop caring about anything you are trying to accomplish. If you're not willing to hold everyone accountable equally, especially the guys that put others at jeopardy by doing 75 in a 25, then you're not doing this out of principle. You're doing it to get free shit. Only thing you deserve at this point is maybe a new clutch.

6. rocky5517

rocky5517 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    sam
    Vehicle(s):
    ford explorer 67 riviera
    0   0   0
    Do you know any JC police? Those are residential streets in that neighborhood. Daylight hours, school was in session unless it was a Saturday. The speed is recorded and it's a 25 mph zone. I know that area of the city well.. I'd file a complaint with JCPD. If you get the right cop, they'll shove it up his ass good. At the very least, having a cop walk into the Dealership to 'ask a few questions" ought to get their minds straight.

7. V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
    Rating:
    100%
    0   0   1
    Go the respectable route first. Have clear goals and objectives in mind. I would go straight to ford because they can apply real leverage.

Take this video to your local PD as well and tell them you fear for the safety of the general public because they are doing 70mph plus on narrow streets where the limit is probably 20.

I would also try to find out their insurance company details and forward this to them so they know the kind of behaviour they are insuring.

Timeless likes this.
  8. CEHollier

CEHollier Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Charles
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 GT Premium Magnetic
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    Amen to that. I have an extended Ford warranty. I had a creaking/popping in my front end. The dealership had it a total of eight days. Blamed my aftermarket IRS brace touching the carriage bolt transferring the sound to the front of the car. I removed the braces. Problem still persisted. I took it to an alignment shop. Twenty minutes on the rack problem solved. A lose lower control arm bolt. Those jokers "claimed" they worked on it for five days. Twenty minutes vs five days. Pathetic.

9. Interceptor

Interceptor Daily Driver

First Name:
    John-David
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 California Special A10
    0   0   0
    So I was bored and read through this whole thread
    1. Dealer sucks and owner doesn't give a crap
    2. Mechanic's suck and owner doesn't give a crap
    3. OP runs to mommy acting bad but really doesn't give a crap
    4. Dealer owner and their mechanic's drink coffee together talk about super bowl, OP thinks they have fixed the dealership and letting it be.
    5. Dealership has been enabled by OP by lack of follow through. Forum has been used to promote his agenda

JohnBoyNC likes this.
  10. revinto7

revinto7 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
    0   0   0
    watching the video on News CBS 2 NY right now 6am

11. havasu486

havasu486 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ted
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
    Machinist
    0   0   0
    Show this video to the local police. More than once 75 MPH on side streets. The police need to know how this dealer is test driving cars.

12. revinto7

revinto7 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
    0   0   0
    I agree with the side street speed not being safe or smart but sometimes on a test drive you need to simulate a real world trouble -This video in no way is justification of what happened to this guy ....
    actually its a double edge sword with that - i owned a challenger with factory defect drive line/Drive shaft vibration at 62 and 70 mph and up they refused to fix it said speed limit it 55 we can't test stover 55 -- don't do over 55 you won't have a vibration ..i documented it and 4000 miles later the drive shaft vibrated and the pinion pulled out of carrier drive shaft beat the bottom of car and tunnel then feel down and catapulted the car and almost did some serious bodily harm ,i brought it in on flat bed showed them the 3 times i complained about it and how they circumvented fixing it and told them i was retaining a lawyer .Long story I left that dealer with a Brand new CAR

13. Fatguy

Fatguy Banned

Vehicle(s):
    2017 V6 Mustang
    0   0   0
    This vid made TV news?

I watched half and really didn’t see all that much to bitch about. If it was an oil change I would bitch. If it was something that needed extensive time to drive, then whatever. A lot of mechanics do a test drive to the drive through at lunch. I would like it better if the guy knew the dash cam was on and made some conversation about the repairs he was testing out. I wouldn’t even mind if he picked up lunch on the way as long as it’s all on the up and up.

Whatever. I just did a complete once over on my dad’s Buick Enclave yesterday and now one of my girlfriends has a leaky water pump on her Ford Escape and calling the tow truck now. This shit never ends...

14. TDC

TDC Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
    0   0   0
    The really disturbing parts come in the 2nd half IMO. I hear tires breaking traction, they're taking turns wringing it out, etc., etc.

Can the video link be posted on sites like Yelp and Google for dealership reviews and not be taken down?
    Poor mismanagement of the service employees. Crappy deal all around.

15. Fatguy

Fatguy Banned

Vehicle(s):
    2017 V6 Mustang
    0   0   0
    A good idea is just to post the time when the really bad shit happens so that we can scrub to that point instead of listening to ten minutes of the guy yapping to people on the street.

16. havasu486

havasu486 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ted
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
    Machinist
    0   0   0
    So sorry to hear about your issue. As I was reading it I was thinking if you drop the driveshaft that can be beyond dangerous. They are lucky they got away with only replacing the car.

17. brucelinc

brucelinc Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bruce
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT premium A10
    0   0   0
    The news stories condensed the videos to show the real shit storm. I had some trouble understanding what was being said in the original video but the news stories cleaned that up. I think the OP had every right to be pissed and make a big deal of this.

18. Fuse

Fuse Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang V6
    0   0   0
    Oh hey that's the dealer I bought my '16 from. Hard to believe they could get worse even with the change in management.

19. Fatguy

Fatguy Banned

Vehicle(s):
    2017 V6 Mustang
    0   0   0
    Ok I watched the whole thing and only one thing bothered me. That was at about 12:30 when he let his joy riding buddy get behind the wheel while he admitted he was just learning. The 79mph pulls can be defended but this can’t.

Also, doesn’t this dealership have uniforms or jackets with the company logos on them. Not to be racist - cause one of the three is White (they are all a-holes) but it looks like the dealer hands your car off to every scofflaw in the “hood”! And the reality is that it is not a good image for the dealer.

Honorable mention to the “homie” who said “ This is a nice car - I hope the owner doesn’t get upset!” (14:50) :cwl:

And forget the dash cam - they even videotaped it! (14:30) :crackup:

At the end if the day the OP should really put the screws to the dealer as management enables all this. Stick it to the man!!!!!

20. Genxer

Genxer Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    I was cringing at the speeds he reached going down essentially residential streets. What a moron. I kept thinking someone was going to pull out in front of him or a kid was going to step out in the street. If I was management, at the very least I'd fire the tech for being stupid. Since the video was made public, it seems like a liability lawsuit waiting to happen if anyone gets hurt the future by this guy.