• Thread starter Deleted member 35786
  • Start date
  • Watchers 78

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
What Ford Dealership is this in NJ that’s treating you in that manner? If you don’t want to post publicly, PM me the name.

F- the “Mgrs”, you won’t get anywhere with the Store Mgr or the Service Mgr or the Ssevice Writer, you need to go to the top - and the top is the Owner of the Dealership.

I’ve done it 2x in the past - once with a prior 96 Cobra purchase and again in 2016 when I owned my prior 2016 S550. I had actual face to face sit-downs with the actual owners of (2) totally separate Ford Dealerships.

Have you also called the Ford 800# and asked to speak to a Supervisor and lodged an actual complaint? If not, they should be able to do better.

If you still can’t get anywhere - you can certainly contact your local News Station’s Investigative Team since you have not only facts, but actual video. That will surely get the Dealership’s attention when reporters show up wanting to know why customers are being treated as such, why they are not taking any action to make things right with you AND the possibility of their location getting public negative publicity.

Another way of nailing them down is you know the “surveys” that are normally emailed to you after a service visit? Well take your time and DO complete that survey (or multiple ones) and fill the entire survey kit with all negatives and lowest numeric values on those questions. Where there are blank fields to enter actual comments - enter exactly how you feel about your experience there and how you were treated. THAT will get someone’s attention real quick AND you will be notified by someone from the Dealership. Again, been there done it - those negative survey reviews fall into Ford’s lap as well - and anything negative like that gets VERY HIGH VISIBILITY. Been there done it, it works for those who doubt.

Trust me - there are ways of getting resolution and having them make you whole.
He already posted the dealership: Steven’s Jersey City Ford
Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Well if they don't care blast 'em good. You've done all that you can.They sound like a bunch of assholes, and deserve all the negative publicity you can give them. Good luck.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
He already posted the dealership: Steven’s Jersey City Ford
And the ph# for the service department is 888-476-1614. For those of you who still like prank phone calls, lol.

Looks like reddit pulled your posting down.

1st Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'd be after the mechanics hide for this. On the first video he even said to his mate "I'm just driving around".

Good luck!
Pete

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If you are ok with exposing this situation to your professional network, maybe make a public post on LinkedIn with links to the videos/reddit and tag him and the dealership if it has a page?

I would also write up the whole story and include the youtube/reddit links and post it as a review on every platform with reviews that you can find for this dealership. Google, DealerRater, Yelp, Cars.com, CarGurus, etc.

Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If you have time to do some reading, check out this story back from 2011. I honestly don't see why your situation can't unfold in a similar way with the exception of being compensated with a Ford-backed Extended Warranty and a Maintenance Plan instead of returning the car like that guy did. Your dash cam video seems like much stronger evidence compared to the one in the BMW. Props to the BMW community in that situation, they really came together and tore the dealer and the tech a new one.

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573071

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=581727

https://jalopnik.com/how-a-bmw-forum-busted-a-car-dealership-5831766

https://jalopnik.com/bmw-dealership-employees-who-taped-joyride-face-crimina-5862607

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Definitely. What kind of compensation are you looking for though? It's gonna be hard to prove the 2nd gear issue and the suspension noise is caused by this incident. As I told you over PM, if I was in your position, I would be after the PremiumCare Service Plan from Ford with max term/mileage and if you can, push for the premium maintenance plan on top of that as compensation paid either by the dealer or Ford Corporate. Then I would use the warranty to get the car inspected and fixed if there is anything wrong. You'll have to make a lot of noise though and you'll need help to do it. Maybe even get some legal advice through a free consultation with a lawyer just to get a full picture of all your potential options. Obviously don't mention anything to the dealer or Ford if you do talk to a lawyer.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This is where some free legal advice could be helpful. This is not my area of expertise. The news outlets may also be able to address your concern if they do take up the story.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
As someone else mentioned, you should update your original post in this thread with the reddit link and the videos, so people don't have to read through several pages to figure out what happened with your car.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yep, take it to the media and see if they can run a story. The dealership needs to be held accountable.

Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Also, all three streets around the residential block on which the dealership employees were doing 60-75 mph pulls have a 25 mph speed limit. This is all clearly visible in the video. You can file a police report at the local precinct with your video and the service ticket. Steven Gomes clearly doesn't understand the severity of what has happened based on the information you provided regarding your conversation with him. Maybe the light bulb will go off once the cops show up and start asking questions.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Also, all three streets around the residential block on which the dealership employees were doing 60-75 mph pulls have a 25 mph speed limit. This is all clearly visible in the video. You can file a police report at the local precinct with your video and the service ticket. Steven Gomes clearly doesn't understand the severity of what has happened based on the information you provided regarding your conversation with him. Maybe the light bulb will go off once the cops show up and start asking questions.
You must do this. I am guessing it not the first time a complaint has been filed. Only problem is if his brother in law is the chief et el.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Ah did not see this post before I posted......if you are serious about making an example of them, you need to go this route. If anything the nut job tech will get fined for speeding, careless/reckless driving etc. I would make the time.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ah did not see this post before I posted......if you are serious about making an example of them, you need to go this route. If anything the nut job tech will get fined for speeding, careless/reckless driving etc. I would make the time.
This.:thumbsup:
Sponsored