• Watchers 78

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I would not let this go. The asshole needs to be fired and the OP deserves an apology from management and a refund of the alignment charges at the very least.
Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, teaching another tech, who doesn't know how to drive manual, how to shift gears in your car and then hearing them talking about the burning clutch because he doesn't know what he is doing, and then when they stopped on the curb to let 2 of them out so they wouldn't have to explain why they were all out having fun in your car should be enough to get them disciplined or fired.

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Just watched one of the vids and you can hear them howling at the fun they're having hot-dogging down a dangerously tight residential street at 75 mph. Somebody like that needs to find another line of work. Your requests are not unreasonable. You have every right to be upset.

Don't sweat any detractors. Some folks just really hate to see consumers win and "producers" taking an "L."

Good Luck!

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I would recommend respectful route and dialog. Yeah, I've gone off at the stealership as well and it got me nada. The respectful route has worked and I saw results and in the end received competent service. In the end, even going the respectful route, if the dealer does not respond, post on BBB and dealership customer service board. They feel the pain when you impact there reputation and sales.
I agree with Hadelson, and when you say you spoke with the dealer was that the service manager, or the General Manager. The General Manager is the place you want to air your complaint. As Hadelson says be respectful. You get more fly with honey. Your reparations are limited though unless you can show some type of damage to your car. Your could ask for some type of free services,i.e. free oil changes or maybe an extended warranty free or at a greatly discounted price. Be aware if you say the word "Lawyer" the conversation will shut down immediately, and then your lawyer will be the only one to talk the their lawyer. That's a waste of money, and time. Sit down, be respectful, voice your complaint in a logical manner, and be reasonable on your request, or you'll just be pissing in the wind. Good luck, I would be upset also if my car was treated that way at my dealer.

BTW, I wouldn't post anything yet. Talk with the General Manager first, and don't threaten him with the videos just yet. There's always time for that if they blow you off without any help.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I cannot imagine any GM who views the video to think that it was acceptable or defensible behavior.

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Part of the problem here now is that the GM is wondering how many other cars these nimrods have similarly thrashed and, if he admits liability in your case...

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The dealer challenged you to prove the video was while the car was in their possession? LoL

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Good to see the videos for reference. I would be pissed. I think you have every right to be. Hitting 75 on those little ass streets, nothing but a gamble that something wouldn't happen. It wasn't even just a pull, and getting up to highways speeds(which should be done on a highway, and really i'll do that after you align my car thank you very much) to see if everything felt normal etc. It was a fucking joyride plain and simple. They knew they were behaving like assholes. It was a shitty thing to do.

The GM should be pissed. If not him, the owner damn sure should be. Hopefully you don't live to close to there, and hopefully those techs don't have access to your address. Because if they actually did get fired over it and it's not just trying to settle you down. May have someone with a grudge. Wouldn't stop me from doing what you are, but i would just be aware.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Where I live there are neighborhood social media sites. I'd post it there if you wouldn't feel guilty for what parents of young kids who live on those streets would do to that tech, not to mention the dealer business from locals. Driving that fast on those streets was worse than what they did to the car.

I'd talk to the local precinct commander. Even if the prosecutor thinks it wouldn't win in court (proving who was driving), I would think the cops would like to have a little talk to the lot of them.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Also, wouldn't hurt to edit the video link into the OP for people who are stopping in for the first time.

While i didn't doubt they took a hard pull in your car, i didn't expect 15 mins of joyriding either.

Sponsored

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Along with GM not caring at all, your statement here tells you that you'll never get satisfaction from them. That's a terrible way to run their business, but they obviously don't give a damn.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Get your Mustang fixed, but you cannot possibly be considering having that dealership do the work. Right? They sure as hell won't refund your money.

There's a time to fight and a time to walk away. Do you have the resources for a legal battle? If so, go get 'em! If not, walk away and do plenty of research on the place you choose for the repairs. Best of luck to you.

OP
OP

Deleted member 35786

Small claims court for what??

New Jersey’s Special Civil Part court systempresents an easy, affordable way to litigate legal disputes of less than $15,000 in value. The Small Claims division handles cases worth less than $3,000, the Special Civil Part division takes on cases between $3,000 and $5,000 in value, and the Landlord/Tenant division handles all landlord/tenant disputes. From auto repair issues to breach of contract, property damage, or personal injury, these courts are a great way for a plaintiff (the person suing) to bring a lawsuit against a defendant (the person being sued) without incurring large expenses or getting involved in complicated litigation.
Cases Handled: Common disputes involve personal injury, property damage, failure to pay, auto repair disputes, and breach of contract. Landlord-Tenant disputes such as evictions are handled by a special Landlord-Tenant court.

Not sure if you have a case here. Not to bust your balls but the dealer did its job, a crappy one yes. They performed the task you asked them. They just took your car for a joyride and no damages where done. So what you suing for??
Besides your car is still on its powertrain warranty correct? If so you have 5yrs/60K miles to not worry about anything.

OP
OP

Deleted member 35786

Those issues are all coverd under powertrain warranty! Just take it to another dealer and have it looked at and possibly repaired.. I hope you get what you want trust me I do. But the hassle it might cause you just to maybe get a few bucks if at best might not be worth it when its covered under warranty. In the meantime you can do a smear campaign all over social media about the dealer.. Bad reviews, BBB compaint etc.. Either way good luck and I hope it all works out for you. Keep us posted.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
What Ford Dealership is this in NJ that’s treating you in that manner? If you don’t want to post publicly, PM me the name.

F- the “Mgrs”, you won’t get anywhere with the Store Mgr or the Service Mgr or the Ssevice Writer, you need to go to the top - and the top is the Owner of the Dealership.

I’ve done it 2x in the past - once with a prior 96 Cobra purchase and again in 2016 when I owned my prior 2016 S550. I had actual face to face sit-downs with the actual owners of (2) totally separate Ford Dealerships.

Have you also called the Ford 800# and asked to speak to a Supervisor and lodged an actual complaint? If not, they should be able to do better.

If you still can’t get anywhere - you can certainly contact your local News Station’s Investigative Team since you have not only facts, but actual video. That will surely get the Dealership’s attention when reporters show up wanting to know why customers are being treated as such, why they are not taking any action to make things right with you AND the possibility of their location getting public negative publicity.

Another way of nailing them down is you know the “surveys” that are normally emailed to you after a service visit? Well take your time and DO complete that survey (or multiple ones) and fill the entire survey kit with all negatives and lowest numeric values on those questions. Where there are blank fields to enter actual comments - enter exactly how you feel about your experience there and how you were treated. THAT will get someone’s attention real quick AND you will be notified by someone from the Dealership. Again, been there done it - those negative survey reviews fall into Ford’s lap as well - and anything negative like that gets VERY HIGH VISIBILITY. Been there done it, it works for those who doubt.

Trust me - there are ways of getting resolution and having them make you whole.
Sponsored