Sponsored

Dash rattle

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Have you been able to address them with your dealers, guys? If so, what have they said? Also, please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full names, and best daytime number so I can escalate this if needed.

Deysha
I'm not quite even 100km on the odometer, so I'll give it a little time. I still think it's a minor thing I could tweak myself when I get a moment. I owned a 2009 Cobalt SS years ago so I have a LOT of experience trying to fix rattles lol.

**EDIT** Drove it at lunch, guess it actually is the light switch/aluminum trim rattling like everyone else. Pressing the trim/switch causes it to stop temporarily.

Free hugs to anyone who finds a fix haha
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Just an update on my rattles, i live in the Chicago area and the temps were below 50 degrees, now its around 60 most of the time and surprisingly my rattles are gone! We took a long road trip yesterday and the outside temp was 60+ degrees with sun shining on the dashboard, the car didn't even rattle once during the 7 hour trip! Normally it starts rattling after the first hour of driving! I believe Ford built these cars for warm climates, they really don't like cold weather! The interior plastics expands with heat and fill the right gaps for me! Just wanted give an update! Cheers!

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm not quite even 100km on the odometer, so I'll give it a little time. I still think it's a minor thing I could tweak myself when I get a moment. I owned a 2009 Cobalt SS years ago so I have a LOT of experience trying to fix rattles lol.

**EDIT** Drove it at lunch, guess it actually is the light switch/aluminum trim rattling like everyone else. Pressing the trim/switch causes it to stop temporarily.

Free hugs to anyone who finds a fix haha
LOL! I don't need a hug, but let me know if you do decide to take it in. I'll enlist any additional resources available on my end. :)

Jeff

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Hey guys, how much noise does your glove box make when going over bumps and bad roads? I got a rattle fixed there from loose plastic but I don't know if I'm paranoid but I feel like my glove box seems like it's looser than it should be. Definitely loud over bumpy roads.

SpiralOut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I've got the rattle coming from the headlight switch area as well and it is really annoying. It happens seemingly at random at all different speeds. Temperatures here are already in the 80's so does not seem to be a cold weather thing.

Mine is a GT Premium and I stop the rattle temporarily by pressing on the aluminum dash surrounding the headlight knob.

I will be monitoring this thread to see if a permanent fix is found.

Sponsored

snowman4us

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GT PP
I am having an identical issue. However for me it seems to be related to the door panel. If I press on the plastic around the door handle trim it goes away.
It was so bad on my 2hr drive that I honestly pulled over to get away from the noise as it was constantly buzzing for well oven an hour straight and I was sick of holding the trim.

My quick DIY Fix for door rattle
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=531722#post531722

Last edited:

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Mine does it sporadically. Too sporadically for the dealer to ever hear it, so I'm not taking it in.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Count me in on the headlight switch rattle. Annoying and temperature doesn't seem to make any difference. Happened at 0 degrees happened at 80 degrees.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Count me in on the headlight switch rattle. Annoying and temperature doesn't seem to make any difference. Happened at 0 degrees happened at 80 degrees.
Hey Free Agent,

If you wanna get that Pony's eyes checked out, shoot me a PM; when you're ready to head to the dealer, I'll look into my resources to assist further.

I am having an identical issue. However for me it seems to be related to the door panel. If I press on the plastic around the door handle trim it goes away.
It was so bad on my 2hr drive that I honestly pulled over to get away from the noise as it was constantly buzzing for well oven an hour straight and I was sick of holding the trim.

My quick DIY Fix for door rattle
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=531722#post531722
Were you able to resolve the issue then, snowman4us? I want you to love your Mustang, not run away from her! Let me know if you still need help with this.

I've got the rattle coming from the headlight switch area as well and it is really annoying. It happens seemingly at random at all different speeds. Temperatures here are already in the 80's so does not seem to be a cold weather thing.

Mine is a GT Premium and I stop the rattle temporarily by pressing on the aluminum dash surrounding the headlight knob.

I will be monitoring this thread to see if a permanent fix is found.
Your Pony should make you happy, SpiralOut. PM me when you're ready to have her looked at. We'll work on calming that rattling noise.

Jeff

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Hey Free Agent,

If you wanna get that Pony's eyes checked out, shoot me a PM; when you're ready to head to the dealer, I'll look into my resources to assist further.

Were you able to resolve the issue then, snowman4us? I want you to love your Mustang, not run away from her! Let me know if you still need help with this.

Your Pony should make you happy, SpiralOut. PM me when you're ready to have her looked at. We'll work on calming that rattling noise.

Jeff
Thank you. I am going to hold off for a short while yet. I always worry that if I bring it in and the fix the rattle, 2 more new ones will pop up due to the disassembly and reassembly. If It grows worse I will probably take it in. Thank you for responding, it is much appreciated. :)

Sponsored

Dat Boi Kumar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
Got an appointment with ford service department to look at the headlight bezel rattle and front brakes squeel . Lets see what they say.

Spedly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO GT PP
I pulled mine apart last night. I didn't see anything obvious, but I tried insulating some areas of possible contact. Hopefully the noise is gone.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Hey guys, how much noise does your glove box make when going over bumps and bad roads? I got a rattle fixed there from loose plastic but I don't know if I'm paranoid but I feel like my glove box seems like it's looser than it should be. Definitely loud over bumpy roads.
Mine was rattling too, i fixed it as well. I can take pics and send it later but you are right the glove box and the secret compartment for the manual rattles crazy! The glove box is due to the locks on the side and its heavy cause of the airbag.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Mine has a slight rattle by the driver door air vent. I usually just push in the dashboard and it goes away.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thank you. I am going to hold off for a short while yet. I always worry that if I bring it in and the fix the rattle, 2 more new ones will pop up due to the disassembly and reassembly. If It grows worse I will probably take it in. Thank you for responding, it is much appreciated. :)
Sounds good! Let me know. :)

Jeff
Sponsored