Rattle coming from dash

MantisTaboggin1975

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I have an annoying rattle coming from what sounds like its in the gauge cluster. Been doing it for a while but I'm not sure I want the dealer tearing my whole dash apart and possibly making it worse. It's not from the light switch because the fix was for the 15's. Anyone else have this issue and did you get it fixed? Thanks,
Sponsored

Rcmchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 16 PP
Tons of rattles in my dash, got real bad when I moved to Colorado which has god awful roads....havent really bothered with dealer yet since Im worried theyll just make things worse...I usually just punch it and it goes away for awhile.

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
bruh mine just started doing this too! Sounds like it is right behind the dash but nothing I press on makes it go away. So annoying!

Rcmchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 16 PP
For me it seems to move around, sometimes its the plastic around the ac vents but lately its been on the passenger side which has been tough to find... i just crank the music and drown it out!

MRose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I don't believe your warranty covers squeaks and rattles. My dashboard sounds like an orchestra of rattles.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I have the same rattle around the center vents. If I push it up with my hand, it goes away. I wonder if I can just take the silver trim off and add felt behind it.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
I have it too... I thought it was a feature of these?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I have some interior rattles too. Took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't hear them. I'm pretty much done with the local dealer unless I absolutely have to go.

I put some sound absorption mat in the rear floor and trunk areas of my car. Big reduction in road noise. I will probably continue working my way forward with it and possibly tear into the dash at some point to eliminate the rattles.

theduke

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
'88 Saleen Conv, '11 Brembo GT, '17 Premium PP
I have the same thing right above the screen. Took the dash panel off and everything has felt where it makes contact with the dash. Added a few small pieces and it didn't help one bit. My guess is it's the gauges themselves or the trim rings rattling at certain RPM's, Drives me insane

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I have the same thing right above the screen. Took the dash panel off and everything has felt where it makes contact with the dash. Added a few small pieces and it didn't help one bit. My guess is it's the gauges themselves or the trim rings rattling at certain RPM's, Drives me insane
Have you tried driving around with that trim off see if it's something else?

Fripp64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang GT
Not my car in the picture but I did this cheap mod of putting welt piping on my dash and it actually took away a couple of rattles in my dash and it's a cheap mod.
Just a thought:cool:
2015-Mustang-Interior-Mod.jpeg

theduke

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
'88 Saleen Conv, '11 Brembo GT, '17 Premium PP
Have you tried driving around with that trim off see if it's something else?
Not yet. Good idea! I'm 90% sure it has something to with that panel and or the contact it makes with the dash. I'm leery of taking it off many more times since those clips are super fragile. At a certain point I feel I'll just be adding to the rattles instead of fixing anything.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Not yet. Good idea! I'm 90% sure it has something to with that panel and or the contact it makes with the dash. I'm leery of taking it off many more times since those clips are super fragile. At a certain point I feel I'll just be adding to the rattles instead of fixing anything.
I feel like if I push the trim up by the radio trim, the rattle stop.
It's very possible that two pieces of plastic are rubbing against each other in that area.

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
I have the same rattle around the center vents. If I push it up with my hand, it goes away. I wonder if I can just take the silver trim off and add felt behind it.
Have the same minor rattle there too. The big one is from the chrome piece around the auto shifter. Took forever to figure out it was coming from there.
Sponsored