Sponsored

Dash rattle

Special50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th Anniversary Special Edition
Great I have the same issue, sounds like a little cricket in there. My back seats (or somewhere around there) squeaks pretty loud, kinda like two pieces of styrofoam rubbing together. Its really annoying! Is this a known issue or is just a handful of us I wonder? sure I paid MSRP but 47 grand is 47 grand!
Sponsored

Dat Boi Kumar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
FIXED

Took it to Ford and as of now its rattle free. This is what they did.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Took it to Ford and as of now its rattle free. This is what they did.

Hey Dat Boi Kumar,

Glad your Pony's feeling better! Let me know if you have any other future questions or concerns.

Jeff

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So I haven't had dash rattles for a couple weeks now and I use to get them everywhere - front, left and right. Could be the warmer weather or the materials settling?

Was a huge complaint of mine, now it's gone! Car's aging like wine. :)

Jshsharp03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Add me to the rattle list. The driver side air vent above the light switch is rattling when any type of vibration comes from the road. I move and push on the vent but it keeps coming back. Probably going to the dealer at the end of the month.

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So I haven't had dash rattles for a couple weeks now and I use to get them everywhere - front, left and right. Could be the warmer weather or the materials settling?
Was a huge complaint of mine, now it's gone! Car's aging like wine. :)
Glad to hear you're Pony's learned obedience, OppoLock. Let me know if she starts acting up again. I'm here to help! :)

Add me to the rattle list. The driver side air vent above the light switch is rattling when any type of vibration comes from the road. I move and push on the vent but it keeps coming back. Probably going to the dealer at the end of the month.
Hey Jshsharp03,

Send over a PM with your VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info. I'll loop in a customer service manager to help out with the situation.

Jeff

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Scheduled a visit at dealer at wed to change oil and fix the headlight rattle. Hope they'll know go how to fix it...

carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I pressed around a bit tonight, and I am pretty certain a HUGE part of the noises and "rattles" are coming from the chrome bezels around the tach and speedo. I thought it was the aluminum panel to the left of the steering wheel (that the headlight switch is in) but if I hold and press the chrome bezel around the tach to keep it still, and then press the aluminum panel to the left of the steering wheel it makes no noise. The noise I would get is when pressing that, it is so close to the bezel that it was moving it and making the nose...at the bezel.

Does anyone know how to remove the chrome bezels around the tach and speedo?

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
Mine is in the headlamp switch area, seems like when I press the A/C vent or I push around the plastics it goes away. It does come back usually in the same drive or when I turn the car back on, etc. All in all, I sort of got used to it and found that if I point the A/C vent towards me and all the way down it wont rattle =P, go figure. I like A/C to hit me on my left side, who wouldnt, so I will be trying the foam insulator behind the switch trick and see if that does the trick.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I pressed around a bit tonight, and I am pretty certain a HUGE part of the noises and "rattles" are coming from the chrome bezels around the tach and speedo. I thought it was the aluminum panel to the left of the steering wheel (that the headlight switch is in) but if I hold and press the chrome bezel around the tach to keep it still, and then press the aluminum panel to the left of the steering wheel it makes no noise. The noise I would get is when pressing that, it is so close to the bezel that it was moving it and making the nose...at the bezel.

This was a huge issue on the last gen cars as well, my chrome rings shake like crazy on both the 14 and 15. I can't believe they didn't fix this. From the factory they need to add more foam in on the dash, and have a foam like liner on these chrome rings.

Overall between the both cars, nothing rattles unless I am on a very bad road, then there are quite a number of rattles from different places, it's not a huge deal because the roads are just that bad.

Sponsored

sudika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang (Ecoboost 6MT)

I have the rattle emanating from this area as well. My temporary fix is to wedge a business card between the left chrome bezel and the aluminum trim. :gossip:

dannycoconuts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Mine seems to be coming from the b-pillar speaker housing

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Scheduled a visit at dealer at wed to change oil and fix the headlight rattle. Hope they'll know go how to fix it...
This was a huge issue on the last gen cars as well, my chrome rings shake like crazy on both the 14 and 15. I can't believe they didn't fix this. From the factory they need to add more foam in on the dash, and have a foam like liner on these chrome rings.

Overall between the both cars, nothing rattles unless I am on a very bad road, then there are quite a number of rattles from different places, it's not a huge deal because the roads are just that bad.

I have the rattle emanating from this area as well. My temporary fix is to wedge a business card between the left chrome bezel and the aluminum trim. :gossip:
Mine seems to be coming from the b-pillar speaker housing
Mine is in the headlamp switch area, seems like when I press the A/C vent or I push around the plastics it goes away. It does come back usually in the same drive or when I turn the car back on, etc. All in all, I sort of got used to it and found that if I point the A/C vent towards me and all the way down it wont rattle =P, go figure. I like A/C to hit me on my left side, who wouldnt, so I will be trying the foam insulator behind the switch trick and see if that does the trick.
A lot of shaking and rattling going on in here. If I haven't already spoken to you about the issue, shoot me a PM with your VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info. If you plan on visiting the dealer for the issue, I'll loop in a customer service manager to assist in the process. If you want to hold off, let me know anyway so the issue is well-documented. Thanks!

Jeff

carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It is MOST definitely the chrome rings around the gauges AND the AC vents. I took a page sudika and wedged a piece of helmet liner in between the tach and spedo and the dash trim and it helped a tad. But now today it seems all of them are buzzing!

I NEED to I know how to remove all of the chrome bezels. Once they arare off it will be an easy fix.

Ford Service: thank you for being active on this forum, however I have learned over many years that taking your car in to a dealer for noises results in nothing more than frustration or NEW noises from the tech ripping apart the interior and slapping it back together. I take care of these issues on my own.

How do we remove those bezels!?:cool:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
So went to my service appointment today and it was complete disaster.

Went for an oil change (which I could at home, brought my own oil) and to fix the rattle - after 1h45m I was told they didn't hear anything. I even showed them the printout somebody pasted here couple of pages before to know what they look for...

I can understand they haven't found the rattle - (although it started rattling literaly 15 sec after I drove out - at which time I was already late back to work) - but don't know why it took them so long. Could've told me after 15 mins they haven't found it, instead after almost two hours I got my car back only because I went there and said I had to go. It was sitting and waiting for pick up, just the service guy wasn't around to check me out. Disaster.
Sponsored