Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
'88 Saleen Conv, '11 Brembo GT, '17 Premium PP
I feel like if I push the trim up by the radio trim, the rattle stop.
It's very possible that two pieces of plastic are rubbing against each other in that area.
I thought so too but I added some felt tape along the bottom edge and no dice. My 2011 had issues where the trim rings around the speedo and tach would rattle. Next time I pull that panel I'll add some felt tape to all that stuff to hold the trim rings against the housing and see if that helps.
Sponsored

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
I had an annoying rattle coming from the light switch dial... I removed the dash panel and the light switch and put some foam tape between the switch and where it clicks into the trim panel. Rattle gone!

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Good to hear it's not just mine that rattles lol.

I actually have a bunch of the door trim retainers (white push pins) on hand, and 100 or so of the "blue" V clips (except they're orange) coming in. I'm literally going to pull off every panel (door, dash trim, rear side panels), put on brand new clips, and put foam tape, felt, etc, on every plastic bit that touches another plastic bit. The only one I think I'll have trouble with is the center vents. If I can confidently get those off, I'll be putting some felt on those too. I'll probably take the glovebox apart too and put felt everywhere because I'm sure that's some of my noise too. The whole damn car rattles.

It probably doesn't hurt that I'm also putting exhaust on next week too...lol.

MrBoogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Mine has rattles and squeaks everywhere. For a few months I'd find the offending rattle, remove the trim piece and add felt tape. As soon as I'd quiet one, another one would pop up. I finally gave up. I just crank the radio and try to ignore it. I can't totally fault the car. I live in a rural area of an effectively bankrupt state. The roads are like washboards.

Sponsored

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
this car is known to rattle especially the front driver side dash and the rear passenger side area. aftermarket exhaust will make things worse. I wish ford addressed this quality issue after the 2015 year models but they dont listen to us

theduke

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
'88 Saleen Conv, '11 Brembo GT, '17 Premium PP
It's funny, I had a 2016 that was destroyed by hail a little over a year ago. None of the exterior panels lined up, the passenger door stuck out on the bottom to the point it looked like it wasn't closed, the lower valence wasn't even pushed into the clips but the interior was DEAD silent. Traded it for the '17 and it has none of the exterior issues but all sorts of rattles and squeaks on the interior. Not to mention the loudest clunking on a transmission / driveline I've heard in one yet. Guess pick your poison?

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1

I actually have a bunch of the door trim retainers (white push pins) on hand, and 100 or so of the "blue" V clips (except they're orange) coming in. I'm literally going to pull off every panel (door, dash trim, rear side panels), put on brand new clips, and put foam tape, felt, etc, on every plastic bit that touches another plastic bit. The only one I think I'll have trouble with is the center vents. If I can confidently get those off, I'll be putting some felt on those too. I'll probably take the glovebox apart too and put felt everywhere because I'm sure that's some of my noise too. The whole damn car rattles.

Where did you get those in bulk? I bought 8 from Ford and they are not cheap.

OP
OP
MantisTaboggin1975

MantisTaboggin1975

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks guys glad it's not just me. It is really annoying though. My company car is a base model focus and also a 2016 and it's so damn quiet. Also adds to my frustration. I also have a 2005 f-150 that I chased a rattle for years coming from the radio den and when I replaced it with an aftermarket deck it went away so I dunno. :frusty:

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
I think we all just need to stay on the throttle. Probably the only surefire way to keep from hearing these squeaks and rattles.

Sponsored

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I bought some felt tape on Amazon and am going to attempt to follow this guide to make my rattles go away:

http://www.mustangecoboost.net/threads/dash-rattles-squeaks-fix-diy.718/

I have some that sound like they are coming from directly inside of the gauge panel, one that I can stop by putting a finger on the bezel around the window defrost vent, and another coming from near the headlight switch.

Oh and something coming from the driver rear area.

#buildfordtough

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
I bought some felt tape on Amazon and am going to attempt to follow this guide to make my rattles go away:

http://www.mustangecoboost.net/threads/dash-rattles-squeaks-fix-diy.718/

I have some that sound like they are coming from directly inside of the gauge panel, one that I can stop by putting a finger on the bezel around the window defrost vent, and another coming from near the headlight switch.

Oh and something coming from the driver rear area.

#buildfordtough
This is my next project. Done with the exterior, now onto getting rid of the rattles. Next will be covering everything that glares

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP

Post photos if you would, please. I've had a hard time getting some of the rear panels off and would love some photos.

Also, I want to add a layer of cushioning to the driver's side door armrest but I don't think I dare take off the door panel for fear of it never going back on right again.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Post photos if you would, please. I've had a hard time getting some of the rear panels off and would love some photos.

Also, I want to add a layer of cushioning to the driver's side door armrest but I don't think I dare take off the door panel for fear of it never going back on right again.
I'll try to make up a "silencing" guide with pics lol.

The rear panels actually come out easy. Take out the rear seat bottom cushion (little latch things under the seat that you squeeze x 2, pull out). Then all the panels just pull off, all held with the white pop-in retainers. I think you need to take off the plastic part in the door sill before the rear panel (between the seat and the Mustang panel). There is only one tricky clip, just behind that piece between the mustang panel and the seat, you just have to pull up pretty good to release it. I haven't really taken off the upper panels on the rear 1/4 windows...I don't know if those just pull off too, but I didn't mess with them too much.

Those clips can break though. They don't often, but it happens.
Sponsored