Dash Gassing

awhitegt86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Does anyone know of a way to prevent the dash pad from gassing and fogging up the windshield when the outside temperature is above 75⁰ ?
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Roll down the windows when you can. All the Ford plastics do that. I've found I have to wash the windows a few times in the first few months.

To me airing the car out will also help because you won't be breathing as much of that garbage.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
There's no way to stop it really - and it's not just a Ford thing either.

Also some people don't realize that interior cleaning/protectant products can increase the "fog" on the windshield because not only do you have the interior plastics degassing, but now the added chemical layer that was applied also leaching out.

A damp microfiber is all that is needed to keeping modern car interiors clean (dashes/panels) - no chemicals, not even those that are advertised as not leaving a shine/sheen.

Brokestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
There's no way to stop it really - and it's not just a Ford thing either.

Also some people don't realize that interior cleaning/protectant products can increase the "fog" on the windshield because not only do you have the interior plastics degassing, but now the added chemical layer that was applied also leaching out.

A damp microfiber is all that is needed to keeping modern car interiors clean (dashes/panels) - no chemicals, not even those that are advertised as not leaving a shine/sheen.
Not only that but some chemicals can also help to cause dash cracks & other damage.

OP
OP
awhitegt86

awhitegt86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
I am using a cloth dash cover which at least limits the worst of it to the very bottom of the windshield. Also no dressings or anything other than a damp cloth to clean the top of the pad. I have learned not to use glass cleaner either, just a warm wet towel then dry it with fresh paper towels.

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Haven’t seen mine do this in Arizona 110F+ heat. My moms old bmw 128i does this all the time though. How old is your mustang? Mine is a 2015 but the previous owners did park it covered most of the time.

OP
OP
awhitegt86

awhitegt86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Haven’t seen mine do this in Arizona 110F+ heat. My moms old bmw 128i does this all the time though. How old is your mustang? Mine is a 2015 but the previous owners did park it covered most of the time.
It's a 2020 with 16K.
I had a Fusion Sport that did this too, but not as much. I expected it with that car, with a golf course sized dash...

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Most of the gassing happens within the first few months, after which it subsides to the point of becoming pretty negligible. I would expect a two year old vehicle to be pretty much past that phase already. Maybe the previous owner used some dash cleaning/protecting products, which are themselves giving off chemicals?

OP
OP
awhitegt86

awhitegt86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Most of the gassing happens within the first few months, after which it subsides to the point of becoming pretty negligible. I would expect a two year old vehicle to be pretty much past that phase already. Maybe the previous owner used some dash cleaning/protecting products, which are themselves giving off chemicals?
I purchased the car new and it is only 20 months old.
Sponsored