Sponsored

Better/modern armor all for dash?

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Is there something to use for removing the little corners of wax on the black trim? It just seems I can't get it off!!
I'm assuming you are talking about wax or polish residue that has stained exterior unpainted plastic or rubber trim pieces? If so, there are a couple of tricks.

The cheapest solution is a pencil eraser. I have no idea why this works, but it does. Just rub the affected area until it disappears.

You can otherwise buy specific cleaners that remove wax and polish stains. These are different from APC's and other plastic/rubber/vinyl "care" products that are just a dressing and don't have the ability to properly penetrate and break down the stain, they just cover them up.

Meguiar's M39 was the best choice for a long time, but they discontinued it. However, McKee's and Nextzett both have viable alternatives. Use these with a towel or small stiff bristle brush to agitate the stain, then wipe clean with a separate towel.

Nextzett Plastic Deep Cleaner (autoforge.net)
Wax Remover for Plastic - McKees37.com

IMG-8443.jpg

IMG-2404.jpg

Those products can be used to deep clean/refresh any unpainted black trim, rubber or vinyl.
Sponsored

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
I use griots interior detailer which supposedly had a uv blocker in it. I don’t use anything that adds gloss to those interior surfaces, drives me nuts on sunny days.