Better/modern armor all for dash?

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
What's a good common ( walmart etc ) product to use on dash and door panels. I didn't like the super shinny look but want something with a semi-shine look and also keep it from drying up.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Are you looking for a cleaning product or some kind of protectant?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Sponsored

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
For cleaning I just use Megs APC in the interior, simple and effective. For protection of interior plastic, 303.

Bitten in '69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 03 Cobra, 90 GT, 82 GT
You won't regret going with 303 products. They have been around a long time, but are just now getting shelf space in stores. I used the protectant on the interior of my 03 Cobra, and their canvas cleaning and protectant on the convertible top. After 17 years, it still looked new.

OP
OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
You won't regret going with 303 products. They have been around a long time, but are just now getting shelf space in stores. I used the protectant on the interior of my 03 Cobra, and their canvas cleaning and protectant on the convertible top. After 17 years, it still looked new.
I had used the fabric waterproof stuff in the past. Didn’t know they were into more car care products.

Thanks

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Everybody seems to
Like 303 so ordered a bottle.
Thanks!!
Nice choice! The great thing about 303 is that it doesn't make treated surfaces look like an oil slick. The end result is a lightly enhanced OEM look.

Just keep in mind, 303 Protectant is not a cleaner, just a dressing. If your interior is relatively clean already, just wipe things down with a damp towel beforehand to remove any dust or light scuffs. If you are dealing with more than that, you may need a secondary product. Personally, I would avoid All-Purpose Cleaner's as these can often be a little too aggressive on interiors, especially with prolonged regular use. I really like the pH neutral P&S Express or Griot's Interior Cleaner for this role. Again, suitable for all interior surfaces.

P&S Detail Products - Xpress Interior Cleaner | The Rag Company
Interior Cleaner - Safe & Effective - Griot's Garage (griotsgarage.com)

Another product that you should be able to get anywhere would be Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer. This is basically a detail spray for your interior and can be used on all surfaces including leather. It's great for minor cleaning and dusting, but also contains some dressing and UV inhibitors, but the finished result is even more subtle than 303. In this case, you would treat the interior with 303, then maintain that with the Meg's QID. Another good thing about Meg's QID is that it's very well priced.

Meguiar's® Quik Interior Detailer™, 16 oz. (meguiarsdirect.com)

You could also look at Adam's Total Interior Detailer.

Adam's Polishes Total Interior Detailer | Car Care Interior Cleaning (adamspolishes.com)

Applied Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
303 goes one everything not glass in my car, uses Griots Interior Cleaner as a cleaner. I'm still looking for something for the exterior plastic trim, 303 doesn't even last a week on the outside. Guess I gotta look into ceramic coatings for that.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
303 goes one everything not glass in my car, uses Griots Interior Cleaner as a cleaner. I'm still looking for something for the exterior plastic trim, 303 doesn't even last a week on the outside. Guess I gotta look into ceramic coatings for that.
Not necessarily.

A ceramic coating like Carpro DLUX will be the longest term choice, but it does require more careful preparation and application.

I once applied 303 to the lower black plastic trims on the Mustang after each wash. However, before I coated them with DLUX, I was using Carpro Reload. What I like about Reload on unpainted plastic trim is the natural, subtle enhancement it brings to the table. Like 303, it will provide that visual enhancement along with UV protection. Unlike 303, it won't dissolve when it rains or gets washed, so you can expect a couple of months out of Reload. In general, most spray sealants can be used in this way, but I like Reload as it just seems to work better.

CARPRO Reload 2.0 500ml (17oz) (carpro-us.com)

IMG-4869-2.jpg

Works on engine covers too.

IMG-2697.jpg

IMG-2702.jpg

IMG-2704.jpg

Applied Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Not necessarily.

A ceramic coating like Carpro DLUX will be the longest term choice, but it does require more careful preparation and application.

I once applied 303 to the lower black plastic trims on the Mustang after each wash. However, before I coated them with DLUX, I was using Carpro Reload. What I like about Reload on unpainted plastic trim is the natural, subtle enhancement it brings to the table. Like 303, it will provide that visual enhancement along with UV protection. Unlike 303, it won't dissolve when it rains or gets washed, so you can expect a couple of months out of Reload. In general, most spray sealants can be used in this way, but I like Reload as it just seems to work better.

CARPRO Reload 2.0 500ml (17oz) (carpro-us.com)

IMG-4869-2.jpg

Works on engine covers too.

IMG-2697.jpg

IMG-2702.jpg

IMG-2704.jpg
Funny you say that, I have a bottle of reload sitting in the garage. Wife/kids got me a bunch of Carpro stuff last fathers day, guess I should give it a try! Only thing i've used so far is the glass cleaner but I got a stick up my ass about clean windows so i'm washing windows almost daily. Ever use reload on the inside plastics? if it lasts weeks outside it's gotta last years on the inside right?

I know I want to go to the ceramic products soon but I wanna get handy with buffing/compounding before I do that and finding time to learn a new skill then learn ceramic coating is tough these days.

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I used carpro inside yesterday to give my interior a quick spring cleaning…. Not too shiny but does a good job.

IMG_1661.jpeg
Sponsored