Dark Horse

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I cannot describe how refreshing it feels to have gone to look at a DH and decided that there is literally nothing about it that I wished for that my Mach didn't have.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Dark Horse is a Mach 1 with GT350 brakes mechanically speaking, the dual intakes do very little. And the Mach 1 is far more than an intake and tune. Youā€™re missing the tremec, rear diff cooling, stiffer springs and sways, and gt500 rear subframe/diffuser. And with the handling package even more.
The DH, Mach and GT 350 all have the tremec, rear diff cooling, stiffer springs and sways. I didn't forget them. To me they just don't factor in because they don't differentiate significantly any of the three models.

I don't believe the DH has GT350 brakes. It has the same plain old 6 piston brakes Ford has been using in PP1 and up Mustangs for years. They are good brakes, nothing wrong with them.

The GT350 has unique better brakes and a bespoke engine, albeit some factors of the engine are very similar to the Coyote. But that engine is pretty awesome in my opinion.

The DH has upgraded engine internals for better durability. I don't know what the dual intake does, but it's not present on the other cars. Ford spent a bunch on tooling it up, so my assumption is it does something. To me the DH engine is basically a Mach 1 engine with some upgrades making more power and having more durability. The engine is marginally better than the one in the Mach, some could even argue they like it better than the GT350. I wouldn't.

Hifiguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 Mustang
The DH, Mach and GT 350 all have the tremec, rear diff cooling, stiffer springs and sways. I didn't forget them. To me they just don't factor in because they don't differentiate significantly any of the three models.

I don't believe the DH has GT350 brakes. It has the same plain old 6 piston brakes Ford has been using in PP1 and up Mustangs for years. They are good brakes, nothing wrong with them.

The GT350 has unique better brakes and a bespoke engine, albeit some factors of the engine are very similar to the Coyote. But that engine is pretty awesome in my opinion.

The DH has upgraded engine internals for better durability. I don't know what the dual intake does, but it's not present on the other cars. Ford spent a bunch on tooling it up, so my assumption is it does something. To me the DH engine is basically a Mach 1 engine with some upgrades making more power and having more durability. The engine is marginally better than the one in the Mach, some could even argue they like it better than the GT350. I wouldn't.
DH has 4 piston rears, like the GT350 and unlike the PP1/mach1. DH front rotor size is bigger than mach1/pp1 so it is equivalent to gt350 brakes.

I donā€™t disagree with the rest, voodoo engine is great but it has reliability issues no question. The forged rods on the dark horse seem pointless, as rods arenā€™t a weak point on the gen 3 coyote (unless boosted) and also have their own set of issues (heavier, expands from heat at a different rate).
Wish they made valve train upgrades to rev to 8k+, that would make the DH way more appealing for me.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I bought mine with Recaros, handling package with manual for 72k.. no markup
Or a 23 mach1 1 with 1000 miles for 15k less than that (stickered 9k less than the DH - there isnt remotely 9k in extra content) with ppf already done and the entire Steeda catalog likewise applied. Unfortunately the PO sold it to a dealer so he got shafted on valuation and I got screwed on purchase, visavie a direct transaction. But at least the car is staying within the m6g family.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Or a 23 mach1 1 with 1000 miles for 15k less than that with ppf already done and the entire Steeda catalog likewise applied. Unfortunately the PO sold it to a dealer so he got shafted on valuation and I got screwed on purchase, vs a direct transaction. But at least the car is staying within the m6g family.
Didnā€™t know you added an M1 to the stable. Gotta post up some pics Matt!

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I never would have thought Ford could top the penis sticker.
As I sit perched upon the threshold of m1 ownership, I raise my hand in scouts honor to not say that anymore.

Well, not in polite company.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Didnā€™t know you added an M1 to the stable. Gotta post up some pics Matt!
Buyers order signed. Deposit placed. They want the full amount before letting me have the keys for some reason. These dealer finance guys are such sticklers for details...

But here's a pic.
-l17u9d-iH7t4i4blTohf4Ny2LE.jpg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Buyers order signed. Deposit placed. They want the full amount before letting me have the keys for some reason. These dealer finance guys are such sticklers for details...

But here's a pic.
-l17u9d-iH7t4i4blTohf4Ny2LE.jpg
Looks great, and you picked the best color šŸ˜‰

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

Sponsored

Virnman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2019 GT Premium Vert 401A A10
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve been watching this one just for sheets & gigglesā€¦

IMG_0317.png

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Check this out. LMR put a DH in their dyno then compared it to their 2024 GT

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thatā€™s wild. DH had to have some restrictions going on at 50 miles I hope - otherwise a huge ripoff at 70k
Yeah I would hope thereā€™s some kind of break in restriction. $70k to make less HP than a GT?? Yikes.
Sponsored