Sponsored

Why is it that the 2022 mustang gt has 10 less horsepower yet is 2 thousand dollars more expensive?

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
So I own a 2022 Mustang GT premium with blackout package and active exhaust. I bought it back in February of this year from a local dealer and I have about 1600 miles on it. It has already had damage as you can see in one of my other posts, but it is all fixed. An opinion I have about it is it feels quicker in track mode over normal mode and it opens the exhaust butterflies wide open so maybe it’s 460hp in track and 450hp in normal mode? It’s also the fastest car I have ever driven so I can’t say I miss the 10 hp as I don’t know any different lol. I also believe that it will be a long journey to special order a 2022 and even longer to get a 2023, but hopefully not.
It's actually 18 wheel HP.
Sponsored

mustang810

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP, 2018 Stinger GT2
I didn't do my research on this 10hp loss. lol. I just assumed 460 like last year. It is psychological though to most people probably. It's like saying 460 rounded up is 500hp. Of course I would rather have the 460 but I didn't want a used 2021. I have only had one new car in my life besides this one. And that was in 1995. So I said new it has to be this time. I am done modding cars also. Been there done that. Too expensive.

ShadowCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zachary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My first mustang was a 97 GT Auto, rio red, with a k&n and a short exhaust that dumped just below the back seat. Flowmasters. Wasn't the fastest by today's standards for sure, but sounded amazing and in my opinion sounded better than my stock 22 does with active exhaust in most situations. I loved driving it any time, just to hear that exhaust rumble. Lots of good cruises in it.

That being said, the coyote has twice the horsepower stock and screams all the way to red line in a way that my old one never did (though it did surprise many a person when gunned it). I love having the ability to dial in the growl, and at some point I'll throw an H pipe on it and close the gap on the sound. For me, THAT is why I love these cars, being about to unleash the thunderclap and just hold on!!
Definitely get the H-pipe. If you put it in sport and have an H-pipe, it hits different. It rumbles with acceleration and deceleration.

black22gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trigger
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
Thank you for confirming that! I suspect that the h pipe will really wake it up and I really would like it to rumble just a bit more when i throw it to sport or track.

Now if i could just find someone in dfw to install it in a few months or so when I can afford the install!

Definitely get the H-pipe. If you put it in sport and have an H-pipe, it hits different. It rumbles with acceleration and deceleration.

ShadowCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zachary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah no problem man. An exhaust shop can put it on for you for $100. If they charge more than that go somewhere else. I got the C&L H-pipe off American Muscle for $150 and then $100 for install. So for $250 you can rumble in the jungle lol. Not too shabby.
Sponsored