Sponsored

Damage to Driver's Front Caliper

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
The driver's front caliper has some damage. I am guessing a rock got stuck between the rim and caliper. Interestingly enough, there is zero damage to the inner rim. None. So either the rim is stronger than the caliper powder coat, or it was damaged pre-rim install?

I have seen pics of rocks causing this exact type of damage to the caliper but the rim also shows signs of damage. There is zero damage on any part of the inside of the rim.

caliper.jpg

caliper2.jpg

caliper3.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have a hard time believing you have zero damage to your ceramic. The ceramic is usually the part that gets grinded off when it comes down to a rock, a caliper, and the wheel.

I bet if you look closely, you will see some minimal effect. You got lucky.

Edit: make sure all your balancing weights are present and accounted for.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a hard time believing you have zero damage to your ceramic. The ceramic is usually the part that gets grinded off when it comes down to a rock, a caliper, and the wheel.

I bet if you look closely, you will see some minimal effect. You got lucky.

Edit: make sure all your balancing weights are present and accounted for.
I will get some pics tonight when I get home of the inner rim. I took a pretty good look and did not see any damage. That's the part I found odd. I have seen pics of others with damage and it did not look good.

I could have missed something small but I did go over the rim on the table very closely and was shocked not to see damage.

The weights are accounted for. None appear to be missing and no sticky stuff out of place on the rim.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Unfortunate, but it happens and will continue to do so... the rim to caliper clearance is such that any pebble or road debris that gets whipped up from driving daily or track use gets lodged in that minimalistic space.

IMO, you can just get caliper touch up paint - but that to me would be a no win situation since the next piece of debris will only scar the caliper again...

It goes along with the ownership of such a performance vehicle where tolerance levels are higher and some areas are sacrificed in the name of "high performance"...
Sponsored