Carbon Wheel Experience Regarding Damage

Grant4514b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT, 2020 GT500
Spoke to the service manager at my dealer today. He looked at my pics and said as long as they mention “delamination” to Ford they will cover it. He ordered a new wheel and it should arrive sometime next week.

Thanks to @Tomster for the encouragement to push for a warranty replacement. The service writer said no way it would be covered but once I talked to the manager he pushed it right through.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Spoke to the service manager at my dealer today. He looked at my pics and said as long as they mention “delamination” to Ford they will cover it. He ordered a new wheel and it should arrive sometime next week.

Thanks to @Tomster for the encouragement to push for a warranty replacement. The service writer said no way it would be covered but once I talked to the manager he pushed it right through.
Thanks for the kind mention. Despite what some think, I do know what I'm talking about.

Is there a chance in hell they will let you keep or buy the old wheel.l?

Grant4514b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT, 2020 GT500
Thanks for the kind mention. Despite what some think, I do know what I'm talking about.

That crossed my mind after I left. I’ll find out when I take it in next week. Wouldn’t mind having a spare laying around.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That crossed my mind after I left. I’ll find out when I take it in next week. Wouldn’t mind having a spare laying around.
That can be repaired.

dsiggi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R

I tried on mine, they have to send it back for CORE.
Sponsored